Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: anyone else here interested in guns, bushcratf, survival and SHTF preparedness?

another pocket knife just arrived (had a real run on them lately, buying 5 in the last month)

Real Steel E-571 flipper, stonewashed 14c28n blade, framelock with beta+ lock

the four in line up, I have one in transit (Real Steel Thor t101)
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

and another Real Steel turned up today, the last for a while Thor T-101 black G-10/Sandvik 14c28n stonewashed

and the five I have so far
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

another Real Steel turned up today, Sea Eagle E-771

and my three flippers

top to bottom Sea Eagle E-771, Thor T-101, E-571
    AKA-Dean

and the last for a while, spent too much on knives lately

Real Steel E77

and the four flippers I now have all lined up
    AKA-Dean

and a another new knife, this time from Ruike, the P121-b

AKA-Dean

and my second Ruike to add to the collection, Ruike Fang P105K

AKA-Dean

RSK collection as it stands

and Ruike
    Last edited by WaveMan; 03-18-2017 at 12:09 AM.
    AKA-Dean

Just received this, first high end folder, Real Steel Megalodon Titian 2017, titanium frame lock/M390 blade running on needle bearings. She flips like it is on glass, outstanding fit and finish, blade is centered perfectly and feels great in my hand.

and in hand
    AKA-Dean

and compared to my standard Megalodon E801

AKA-Dean

three more high end flippers bought over the last few weeks, all Kizer's, all S35VN blade/titanium frame locks

AKA-Dean

Cannot view Photobucket anymore mate. Unless you sign up to premium...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

Yeah I am not going to pay $400 to do that, PB is crap, full of ads and slow, not sure what I am going to do. Imagur would be a short time solution but I reckon greed will send them down the same path. Plus I didn't have a very good experience with Imagur the first time I used it and went back to PB.
    AKA-Dean

let see how this works

AKA-Dean

my current EDC rotation, one of these plus my Leatherman Wingman is in my pockets every day, I tend to wear one for a few days then swap to another in the rotation. When I go out I invariably carry my RSK Megalodon E801 as it is the cheapest of the bunch and yet offers outstanding carry-ability and versatility far exceeding its price point.

left to right, RSK Megalodon E801, RSK Megalodon Titan 2017, Kizer Dukes, Kizer Kesmec, Kizer Kyre and my Leatherman Wingman

AKA-Dean

Preparedness is more than gear

Whoever is posting survival knives over and over again is failing to tell you the most useful trait that you could have - your survival mindset.

The second most useful survival trait is common sense.Preppare for the most likely emergency in the are in which you live. These usually are:

• natural disasters - e.g. flooding
    • extreme weather -e.g. very harsh winters, droughts
    • grid failure
    • gang or criminal activity
    • loss of income

The list could be expanded. What I am saying is that you should buy a generator, canned food and save money for rainy days before you buy any fancy, expenisve survival gear.

Start developing a survivor mindset, put together an emergency preparedness plan and you'll increase your chances to stay safe during most types of hazards.
    Last edited by Cpt. Lundgren; 07-11-2017 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Modified the link, so a human easily can use it; but fails for a search engine spider.