Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: anyone else here interested in guns, bushcratf, survival and SHTF preparedness?

did you read the entire thread? I have talked about mindset, but for the most part was responding to thread derailment. As far as my posting my knife collection, I could easily post ALL of my gear and preps for a SHTF situation, but I have restricted it to my current focus, which is knives.(I collect knives BTW)
    Last edited by WaveMan; 07-10-2017 at 06:54 PM.
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

miket seems to be associated with the linked site. So while we wait and see if it was a post of someone interested in Star Trek and roleplaying, that happened to do the first post in this thread, or a drive-by posting by someone just wanting to promote their site, I modified the link so it won't be useful for search engine placement.

Thanks mate.

I would also point out that folding knives can hardly be considered 'survival knives' per say. The average folder will do in a pinch but I suggest always trying to have a fixed blade worn for a survival knife purposes.
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

just purchased my first Zero Tolerance, the 0801Ti, s35vn/titanium frame lock. Really impressed

AKA-Dean

gone a little crazy lately and bought a few high end pocket knives, and one fixed blade.

Cold Steel Pendleton Hunter (VG-1)

my high end folder collection

Zero Tolerance 0456 (CMP-20cv/titanium frame lock flipper)

Zero Tolerance 0804CF (my favourite folding knife so far, and most expensive knife I own) (CMP-20cv with DLC coating/Carbon fibre and titanium frame lock flipper)

Real Steel S571 Pro limited edition (limited 599 units world wide) (Elmax/titanium frame lock flipper)
    AKA-Dean

My current 5 knife EDC rotation, I have finally settled on my rotation, one of these always find their way into my pocket, though I am currently leaning heavily on the ZT 0804CF and ZT 0456, and have trouble choosing between the two as my 'favourites' as both carry great and feel so good in my XXL hand (though all have something special to offer to me)

top-bottom, RSK Megalodon Titan 2017 (M390/ti), Kizer Kesmec (s35vn/ti), ZT 0801Ti (s35vn/ti), ZT 0804CF (CMP-20cv/CF and ti) and ZT 0456 (CMP-20cv/ti), all are frame lock flippers

AKA-Dean

last purchase for a while, Zero Tolerance 0920 CPM-20cv/titanium frame lock flipper

AKA-Dean

two recent purchases, ZT0562CF and Steel Will CutJack C22, both are a part of my 8 high end EDC folder build

AKA-Dean

and the TuyaKnife Shuriken, M390/mottled blue ti and textured CF frame lock flipper, for just over AUD$200 it offers outstanding value for money.

AKA-Dean

latest and last knife purchase for a while. Reate Mini Horizon D M390/milled Ti. I am finding this knife to be excellent, probably among my favorite EDC at the moment

and with my Leatherman
    AKA-Dean

and I have pimped my Reate Mini Horizon adding a blue ano ti screw set

AKA-Dean

couldn't pass this one up, LNIB Horizon D (the big brother to my Mini Horizon)
    AKA-Dean

and a pic of principles of survival (taken from the SAS Survival Handbook). The book the SAS Survival Handbook is one resource I suggest everyone buy, excellent book and great reading.

AKA-Dean

latest purchase (haven't bought a knife in a month) my first integral, WE 702-B M390/titanium flipper

AKA-Dean

couldn't get a new model of folder I was waiting on (Reate Torrent, they were a limited run but Reate decided to do another run but they changed the blade steel from M390 [my favorite folder blade steel] to the inferior RWL34 so I opted out) so I went with this beauty, Reate Blue Wave as they were of a similar price and the Wave has M390 blade steel.

and my high end display box, now full to capacity (and doesn't have two knives included, one is in transit and the other is away being sharpened)

AKA-Dean