Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TURN ON THE NEWS!

Styro@Mother's Guest

After today, the world will not stand idle anymore against terrorists and terrorism in general.

They have just lowered the bar. But we will go lower.

We have the firepower. We have the manpower.

We need to go on the offensive.

Time clean house.

------------------

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Eric R.:

Dan, your absolutly right.
    </font>
    I just didn't want to be...

------------------
    DanG.

"Hi, I'm Commander Troy McClure, you might remember me from other academy training holo-simulations as, Abandon Ship, the quickest way out, and I sense danger, 101 things you dont need a Betazoid to know..."

http://www.theventure.freeserve.co.uk

We said after December 7th 1941 "Never again" Well. Think we can now sum up US intelligence abilities in the last 100 years as a total and complete failure!

This is not a crime against Americans, this is a crime against mankind and an act of war as well. I'm appalled by such an act as a human being, whichever my motherland may be.

But however we feel, we should avoid to unleash the power of the atom. For one point, nobody knows who is responsible yet, and any mistake would be of incalculable consequences.

Please, don't start WWIII.

Thumbs down

You're not the only one afraid prophetsteve. Dark, dark times ahead indeed ...

Styro@Mother's Guest

Chat Call.

www.magicstar.net
    #LUGtrek

There is too much lag on here.

------------------

My dad works at the Pentagon, but luckily, he was not in the area. The Pentagon is constantly under restoration/renovation/upgrading/updating and his section of the building was in the midst of this process, so his office had been moved to nearby Crystal City, Virginia. Luckily, today was a day that he did not have to go into the Pentagon, so he is safe.

My sister goes to college in NYC, about 1/4 mile from the World Trade Center. They have been relatively unaffected and all the students are safe.

I count my blessings on this one and my thoughts and prayers go out to those with loved ones who were more affected than I.

Whoever did this is going to pay.

I've just heard that the UK is on high alert now as well... true?

I saw that an FAA building was crashed into in Virginia... can anyone confirm that?

Arrow

C5 and everyone else I didn't mean my comment to be harsh or meanspirited, just that when posting for awhile give us all some slack to vent our feelings. As the news builds in the coming days alot of countries will find out they lost people in the towers and begin to feel this, let alone the economic impact, beside the impact as just plain Human beings which you expressed well.

What is wrong with these people??

50,000!?!? GOD help us!

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

Christ guys, I'm so sorry for you and hope none of you from this site were physically hurt (though I know you're hurting inside anyhow). I hope we find out who did this and you nail them. Also I hope your loved ones are safe.

------------------
    "Spatial anomalies, energy beings, telepathic echoes. You know, sometimes I really miss the Dominion War. At least then all we had to worry about was where the next polaron beam was coming from...": Capt.Hunter, USS Tempest

A quick summary on the scope of this terrible news:

Both towers of the world trade center were hit by hijacked airplanes.

There was an explosion at the Pentagon.

A hijacked plane crashed 80 miles south of Pittsbugh which MAY have been trying to hit Camp David.

Scary, tragic times.

This is an act of War. Lets see how the present occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania deals with it.

If it is a Terrorist GROUP act, no country will claim connection with them for fear of retaliation. The question is what will we do? A French report just stated that a group with the name "Palestine" in the title claimed it, but this is not confirmed . Will we lash out at whatever country the terrorist organization fronts for? Even if the country (Arafat already denounced this if the above is true) distances themselves from the act?

Take off my Poli Sci hat:

From a pure power relationship perspective, regardless of Constitutional or Humanitarian feelings, we cannot allow this. Look what has happened in Israel with suicide bombings on schoolchildren, followed by fingerpointing and protests of Israeli retaliation. No half-ass solutions must happen here. I am afraid that a major event must - I repeat MUST - take place in order to warn off any and all future attempts at this. Maximum violence, maximum bodycount, as immediate as possible without being half-cocked. A major show of force is necessary, designed to make sure they (whoever 'they' are and I am not convinced of anything) never ever try it again. Unfortunately, If some domestic terrorist group did it, the same rule needs to apply which means some nasty things within our own shores might have to go down. I therefore pray it is not something domestic.

Mad Political Scientist

[This message has been edited by Publius (edited 09-11-2001).]

Arrow

Not quite 80 miles more like 30, but I never thought about Camp David.

And yes, the UK is also on high alert - Canary Wharf and several other major financial buildings have been evacuated, just in case the target is world trade and not just the USA.

Christ I hope this doesn't turn into WWIII. It's just been on the news here that another plane is suspected to have been hijacked and there are F16s up trying to intercept it. I hope they manage it.

I've just heard there were passengers on the planes as well. What kind of sick bastards are these guys?

------------------
    "Spatial anomalies, energy beings, telepathic echoes. You know, sometimes I really miss the Dominion War. At least then all we had to worry about was where the next polaron beam was coming from...": Capt.Hunter, USS Tempest