Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TURN ON THE NEWS!

From Adam Dickstein in New York City, NY USA...

I will give a more detailed account some other time, but suffice to say it is very unnerving. I live some 30 city blocks (barely just over a mile) from the incident at the World Trade Center. I was shaving and getting ready for work as my fiancé' was having breakfast, when we heard a low flying jet and then a strong but somewhat muffled boom.

Within moments the local news announced that a plane had struck one of the two "Twin Towers" that until a few hours ago made up the World Trade Center. We watched in horror as a live feed showed a tiny black dot and then a second explosion as another plane struck the other tower.

To any and all those viewing this message, a wish of safety and peace to those who have family or friends in any of the effected area.

AD

While not interested in revenge, per se, I definitely want to see justice done.

I certainly hope that a decisive, really brutal attack is carried out against the perpetrators, but I also hope that that doesn't happen until it's been confirmed.

mactavish [way] out.

Heads up two flights inbound from Europe are not responding to radio!!! Oh shit!!!

From Adam Dickstein in New York City, NY USA...

I will give a more detailed account some other time, but suffice to say it is very unnerving. I live some 30 city blocks (barely just over a mile) from the incident at the World Trade Center. I was shaving and getting ready for work as my fiancé' was having breakfast, when we heard a low flying jet and then a strong but somewhat muffled boom.

Within moments the local news announced that a plane had struck one of the two "Twin Towers" that until a few hours ago made up the World Trade Center. We watched in horror as a live feed showed a tiny black dot and then a second explosion as another plane struck the other tower.

To any and all those viewing this message, a wish of safety and peace to those who have family or friends in any of the effected area.

AD

I guess I'm Un-Canadian: No Beer, No Hockey, No Paul Martin!

What is happening in Colorado and Cincinnati?

For anybody who hasn't seen it on the TV, here's an online video showing the second crash into the World Trade Center, followed by the complete collapse of both buildings.

http://cfapp.rockymountainnews.com/v...?VID=0911trade

A lot of people are viewing this, so if you don't connect the first time, try again later.

-- Eris

I am shocked about the tragedy and that I can do nothing about it. I wish luck to all those affected, and strength as well. I feel pity for those who have people in that area and hope they and you are safe.

I beg that this is not the end for the world as we know it. I fear that can lead to a new world war.

------------------
    "I am a great one for rushing in where angels fear to tread." - Cpt. Kirk, Star Trek VI

www.farrealms.de

[This message has been edited by Evan van Eyk (edited 09-11-2001).]

U.S. government official Richard Holbrooke just stated that any nation harboring, aiding, or abetting anyone involved in this action against the United States should be considered an enemy of the United States.

This bodes ill for the fate of nations that have a history of harboring terrorists.

mactavish out.

Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom, Earth, Sector 001

I just got in from work after listening on the radio, what can I say thhat has not been said already. My thoughs are with our American friends.

------------------
    -------------------------
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

"In time of war, the law falls silent"

Admiral Ross to Dr Bashir

Did you see the television images from the West Bank of all of the carnival celebrations by the Palestinians, all the while Arafat et al are professing their profound grief and shock on behalf of the Palestinian people?

Other than the Taliban statement, I've seen nothing from the middle east.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kaiddin:
    What is happening in Colorado and Cincinnati?</font>
    Here in Colorado, Nothing much. Security certainly has been tightened, but I have yet to see or hear a single aircraft, nice and quite (I live about 6 blocks from the airport) no fighters, nothing out of the norm, at least on the out side.

Phoenix...

------------------
    The more you disapprove,
    The more fun it is for me.

Angry

Good Lord! This is abhorring!

I can hardly comprehend this.

My thoughts and sympathies for the New Yorkers and all others who lost someone in this vile attack.

A shocked Robbert.

I see that the Afghanistani government is now distancing themselves from the terrorists they harbor and support. If Bin Ladin is responsible (that is an if, not jumping to conclusions) and the country of Afghanistan has allowed him to plan, execute, fund, harbor and order this act of terrorism and others from within their borders, perpare to reap the whirlwind.

Newsworld said that there were "incidents" in Colorado and Cincinnati. Stating that NORAD in Colorado may have also been a target.
    I have no idea what is in Cincinnati.
    I hope that this was a reporting error