Exclamation TURN ON THE NEWS!

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

Angry

Scary. Extremely scary.
    And to say it was a terrorist attack.

[This message has been edited by C5 (edited 09-11-2001).]

Angry

Hell wont describe what the American people WILL DEMAND after this! No rationalizing no lets talk, its obvious who did this one.

God bless my country, God bless and protect the souls lost and suffering right now and God bless those who come to there rescue & aid and will deliver there vengenes!

This sickens me. Hurting and killing, particularly civilians. My sister's school is nearby and I have an uncle who lives close by with his fiancee. They are probably unscathed but I wouldn't blame anyone for being scared out of my mind.

> its obvious who did this one.

And that would be?

I could name any six possibilities off the top of my head. America has a number of enemies.

And I think we all know that no kind of retaliation will make up for what's just happened - it'll just make it worse.

My sympathies go out to anyone who knows people involved.

Jon

[This message has been edited by Imagus (edited 09-11-2001).]

Exclamation

Holy snapping arseholes!

Jeez, guys...what's happening? News just broke here - is everyone we know on here from US of A alright?

------------------
    "Every atom in our bodies was forged in the furnace of ancient stars - it is our destiny to return home..."

Angry

One of the World Trade Center towers collapsed.

This just keeps gettign worse...

Imagus...

Right and wrong... Right attitude, wrong timing...

AND I just heard about the Pentagon...

Things get worse... This is terrorism, until its claimed. Then its an act of war.

But until its claimed, nobody can respond, as Imagus says, the US has a number of enemies, and its getting the right one...
    But no mistake. This NEEDS to be dealt with...

------------------
    DanG.

"Hi, I'm Commander Troy McClure, you might remember me from other academy training holo-simulations as, Abandon Ship, the quickest way out, and I sense danger, 101 things you dont need a Betazoid to know..."

http://www.theventure.freeserve.co.uk

Angry

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aldaron:
    Holy snapping arseholes!

Jeez, guys...what's happening? News just broke here - is everyone we know on here from US of A alright?

</font>
    Personnaly I'm not - I was just reading this very forum, saw the topic, jumped on some site to check... and there I was.
    I want to express my sympathies to anyone who knew someone involved in this murder.
    Terrorism against civilians is IMO the worst crime of all (my city was plagued by this horror a few years ago, but never on such a scale).

I'm at work now, and hearing some further news from some co-workers. I heard about another attack on the White House and the Pentagon, and the collapsing of one of the tower. I can't check since the Net is jammed, but I fervently hope these are false.

Oh no, there are images on TV... please wake me. I'm no american, but I'm a human being.
    I'm now fearing for the peace of the world as we know it.

Question

And what about the Pentagon?? Is that confirmed? Was it ANOTHER terrorist attack?

Now that the Palestinian terrorist cells confirmed the authorship of the attack, I guess the conflict in the Middle West will be over... soon.

------------------
    Chakotay: You didn't poison my coffee, did you?
    Janeway: Not any more than I usually do.
    "The Voyager Conspiracy", Voyager

I'm watching live feeds now, the towers look like their still standing, nope top section of one!!!

Was the US the only country attacked?

Just heard Irafat people might have had some thing to do with this!!!

For the love of all...what the hell!!!

Phoenix

[This message has been edited by Phoenix (edited 09-11-2001).]

One source alredy has cliamed responesibilty the PDL or Palestinian Democratic Liberation Front to Abu Dabe TV, just the first of main. If they want the credit for it then they should take the punishment for it!

Dan, your absolutly right.

Good point, Dan - I'm really sorry if I've offended anyone by jumping too soon. My pacifist tendencies will out. I'm just as shocked as anyone here and speaking as someone who regularly plays devil's advocate, I can't see any real reason for this one.

My biggest worry is that retaliations will start before the investigators really know what's going on. Memories of Tripoli continue to plague me.

We're just picking up stuff as it shows up here - but the net is kind of locked up right now. As far as I can make out, only the US is being hit - and we think they won't be able to do it again.

My flatmate, who is from Virginia and used to work in DC, is somewhat distraught to say the least.

Jon

Angry

Two planes were hijacked and crashed into the WTC.

Another hijacked plane crashed into the Pentagon.

The FAA has grounded ALL civilian aircraft in the US. And the Pentagon, White House, and Capitol have been evac.

And the NYSE never opened today. I work for an investment co., so this is HUGE, believe me.

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel... not so good.

Hugh

------------------
    "We have engaged the Borg... ceremony at noon, reception following."

Arrow

One tower has collapsed I saw the film though I think it was a partial one.