Thread: Trying to write a "Deadly Years" tie-in

Trying to write a "Deadly Years" tie-in

I'm trying to fight through a bit of writer's block to come up with a plot for the next adventure for my TOS-era RPG campaign and could use some help. I want to create a tie-in adventure that precedes the events of the episode, "The Deadly Years" where my crew encounters something that ultimately creates the rogue comet that showers Gamma Hydra IV with the radiation that caused rapid aging. I'm thinking maybe some sort of ancient tech or secret weapon gone wrong. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a link to the website I built for my campaign. http://dhensel.mydevryportfolio.com/artemis/index.html
    Last edited by Mr_Tricorder; 06-11-2016 at 04:40 PM.

I gotta be honest, I'm blanking on what could be a. interesting and b. be a real lead-in to the Deadly Years.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Interesting. I note that your doctor is named Dr. Allen T. Lapetamaine. This is very close to "la Petomane", the stage name of a 19th century "flatulist" or professional farter. This is the chap from whom Mel Brooks to the name of the Governor in Blazing Saddles. Is he similarly full of hot air? It's also close to "ptomaine" as in ptomaine poisoning, an obsolete name for food poisoning. Sounds like a better name for a cook.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    Interesting. I note that your doctor is named Dr. Allen T. Lapetamaine. This is very close to "la Petomane", the stage name of a 19th century "flatulist" or professional farter. This is the chap from whom Mel Brooks to the name of the Governor in Blazing Saddles. Is he similarly full of hot air? It's also close to "ptomaine" as in ptomaine poisoning, an obsolete name for food poisoning. Sounds like a better name for a cook.
    I'm not really sure where he came up with that name, to be honest. As for being full of hot air, he's far from it. He does much more listening than talking, and when he does speak his mind he gets straight to the point. Also, he plays the character almost with a bit of a James Earl Jones impersonation.

Hmmm. I'm trying to wrap my mind around Darth Vader as an MD...

"Take two pills and contemplate this on the Tree of Woe."
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry