Thread: Berlinghoff Rasmussen

Berlinghoff Rasmussen

I was wondering if anyone had statted up temporal rogue Berlinghoff Rasmussen. I can do it myself, but why reinvent the wheel, eh?

Also, I was also hoping to find statistics for his 26th-century timepod, if available.

If you can help, please post here. Your assistance is appreciated.

mactavish out.
    Our country's past progress has been the result, not of the mass mind applying average intelligence to the problems of the day, but of the brilliance and dedication of wise individuals who applied their wisdom to advance the freedom and the material well-being of all of our people.

-Conscience of a Conservative, Barry Goldwater

The timepod didn't seem to do anything other than block sensor scans and travel through time, so I'd just use a shuttlecraft stats with those added traits.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Ah, an ICON question. Since before your sun burned hot in space and before your race was born, I have awaited a question.

I'd use the Polarity-class Timeship (USS Aeon)from the All Our Yesterdays supplement for everything but the physical dimensions, which would be the same as the Toron class Klingon Shuttlecraft.

Do you mean the Epoch-class?

I think if the pod had weapons, that episode would've turned out much differently...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Yes, I did. The Polarity class is of course AOY's misnaming of the Wells class. Of course, their drawing is wrong, too.

Just did a quick stat-up of the time travelling con-man/thief: http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s.../rasmussen.htm This sheet is based on the character immediately after his arrest, so it does not list the time-pod as an asset.

I've just done a quick conversion of the Aeon to Rasmussen's stolen 26th century Time Pod. Enjoy!

Rasmussen's Time Pod
    Class and Type: Unknown type Time Pod
    Commissioning Date: Late 26th Century
    Hull Characteristics
    Size: 1 (5 metres; 1 deck)
    Resistance: 2
    Structural Points:
    Operations Characteristics
    Crew/Passengers/Evac: 1/0/0 [1 Power/round]
    Computers: 2 [2 Power/round]
    Transporters: 1 personnel, 1 temporal [1 Power/round]
    Tractor Beams: 1 fv [2 Power/rating/round]
    Propulsion and Power Characteristics
    Warp System: 4.0/6.0/8.0 (6 hours) [2/warp factor]
    Impulse System: .7 c/.9 c [7,/9 Power/round]
    Chronal Travel System: [40 Power] .
    Power: 210
    Sensor Systems
    Long-range Sensors: +2/20 light-years [6 Power/round]
    Lateral Sensors: +2/2 light years [4 Power/round]
    Navigational Sensors: +2 [5 Power/round]
    Chronometric Sensors: +2 [10 Power/round]
    Sensors Skill: 4
    Defensive Systems
    Deflector Shields
    Protection: 30/40 (50) [30 Power/shield/round]

A time-pod is a small vessel, approximately five meters in length, which has the ability to travel through time. Originating from the 26th century, the pod is constructed of a plasticized tritanium mesh, and its interior is accessed through a palm scanner on the outside. Used by time travelers, it produces a characteristic temporal distortion when traveling through time.

One of these pods was used by a time traveler to travel back in time to the 22nd century, where he had the misfortune of encountering Berlinghoff Rasmussen, an unsuccessful and unscrupulous inventor from New Jersey. Stealing the time-pod, Rasmussen traveled forward in time to the year 2368, and made contact with the <i>USS Enterprise</i> NCC-1701-D. Passing himself off as an historian from the future, he attempted to appropriate various pieces of technology, including the android Lieutenant Commander Data, planning to return to his own time where he would pass the various technologies off as his own inventions. Eventually, Rasmussen's plot was discovered, and he was taken into custody. As Rasmussen watched, the preprogrammed time-pod automatically returned to the 22nd century, stranding Rasmussen in the future.