Thread: Stealth system

Stealth system

Here is something I realized that the Reneged starship Icarus from Star Trek Renegade as they used a Stealth system. I generated this to add to a ship. Here it is.

Stealth Counter Measure
    SU Cost: size + (4 x class)
    Power Cost: 30 power per class

A federation technology to get around the need for the cloaking device as it is not really a cloaking device. This system absorbed all the signals and allows only a minimal amount of the single to be transmitted away. At most the sensor readings will look no different than a random anomaly picked up by the sensors. The cloaking device rules apply with the exception that the visual detection is still normal.

I like it, reminds me of ECM/ECCM devices, something I think wasn't explored in any way in Trek.
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

It is exactly like an ECM/ECCM device but it is more intergrated into the systems as I would see it utilizing much of the hull.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega1967 View Post
    It is exactly like an ECM/ECCM device but it is more intergrated into the systems as I would see it utilizing much of the hull.
    Soooo... theorizing here... Were the ship to take hull damage, it would likely result in loss of performance?

Sounds like a special damage chart may be needed here too!
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

I think that it is treated just like if you’re using a cloaking device but there is the visual eyeballing of your vessel that is still there. I wouldn’t worry too much about special damage as I think that any damage the system would immediately become inoperable. In the film of Star Trek Renegade this system didn’t hide them as well as one would think. If you want to make up a damage chart have at it, I wouldn’t knock yourself out over it.