Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Adventures

CONGRATULATIONS! Awesome to be in on something from the ground up and contributing to the hobby and a franchise you love. There is no better feeling.
    "For to win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Best news ever!

(I hope everyone from around here is doing okay.)
    “Worried? I’m scared to death. But I’ll be damned if I’m going to let them change the way I live my life.” - Joseph Sisko - Paradise Lost

For me, this is the most exciting development in the tabletop industry in years, even bigger than D&D 5e. Really excited to see how this goes. For anyone who read the Conan quick start guide, did the system look enticing to you? I like the doom and momentum mechanics that seem to tie the narrative into the dice rolling. I like that kind of thing personally. Any other responses out there?

Now, on their Facebook page, they're claiming the playtest signup will begin in late September. I noted that their homepage still say late August and opined that this does not bode well.

In this strange, new world where even Pulp Cthulhu is hitting shelves, can such a delay mean anything other than "The con crud was fierce this year"?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

That's no excuse for not updating vital information on their site, especially given the troubled history Trek RPGs have had, going right back to FASA. If they have any common sense, they'll release the Klingon rules as their first supplement, just to kill that aspect of the Trek RPG curse!

Having a Klingon book early would probably be smart. It is the book that would be most useful to those planning to stay with an older system, and beside having a slightly bigger market, it might get some to consider the new system even if they had not planned to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Lundgren View Post
    Having a Klingon book early would probably be smart. It is the book that would be most useful to those planning to stay with an older system, and beside having a slightly bigger market, it might get some to consider the new system even if they had not planned to get it.
    Oh dear lord this!

I have more than enough Romulan and Vulcan information to last me a life time :P

Any news on the playtest?

Cheers!

Playtest London Septembe 27th

Quote Originally Posted by AslanC View Post
    Any news on the playtest?
    You can see a couple pictures of last night's playtest on my Instagram and Twitter (both @rolistespod). I recorded it and will include extracts in my full episode with Chris Birch and probably one the authors in late November 2016

I should put online next week a Teaser, including a bit of information.

Feel free to post me suggestions of subjects and questions (we won't go deep in the system as in spirit of The Rolistes Podcast) at the following thread:
    http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...listes-Podcast

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kalum666 View Post
    You can see a couple pictures of last night's playtest on my Instagram and Twitter (both @rolistespod). I recorded it and will include extracts in my full episode with Chris Birch and probably one the authors in late November 2016

I should put online next week a Teaser, including a bit of information.

Feel free to post me suggestions of subjects and questions (we won't go deep in the system as in spirit of The Rolistes Podcast) at the following thread:
    http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...listes-Podcast

Cheers
    Yeah I meant more for those of us who signed up on the website, but glad you're having fun

Quote Originally Posted by AslanC View Post
    Yeah I meant more for those of us who signed up on the website, but glad you're having fun
    I didn't actually played. There were already too many people around the table (8?) and decided to concentrate on my recording.

Nice bunch, they seemed to have a lot of fun indeed.

Just trying to offer the little information I have (and also #ShamelessPlug).

Quote Originally Posted by Ineti View Post
    Hi folks! Long time, no see. Happy to report I'll be one of the writers on the new STAR TREK ADVENTURES rpg, published by Modiphius.

Details to follow: www.modiphius.com/star-trek

http://geekandsundry.com/exclusive-s...over-a-decade/

http://www.enworld.org/forum/content...-STAR-TREK-RPG!
    Is it considered quaint to add, "Me, too" to someone else's announcement?
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Patrick, it is wonderful to see you back on here. As a recent returnee myself, lured by the announcement of the Modiphius game (please, God, anyone but Decipher, although it seems as though the near-decade ago implosion has cleared any concerns that there would be a repeat of the five-year horrorshow we had to endure at that company's hands), and having done some research with regard as to the benefits and possibilities of the 2d20 system, I've got some reasonable hopes that ongoing developments will turn out positive to a considerable degree.

Just wondering: What was it that brought you back in to the mix here? I am hoping, very much, that Modiphius will utilize trekrpg.net as much as possible with regard to submitting new ideas/concepts for testing and feedback, as well as considering the occasional "Well, would this be possible...?" suggestions from the population here. The excellent work you did with regard to the Coda system as applied to Star Trek would, I think, be much appreciated by both Modiphius and the fanbase, when the new system arrives.

Once more, very pleased to see your writings online again. Hoping to discuss game-related matters soon.

Why am I not surprised that a bunch of us old timers came back after this announcement...

Good to be back, guys.
    Former Decipher RPG Net Rep

"Doug, at the keyboard, his fingers bleeding" (with thanks to Moriarti)

In D&D3E, Abyssal is not the language of evil vacuum cleaners.

Well, my "me, too" was more along the lines of, "Ineti's not the only one here writing for STA," instead of, "Oh, look, a new Star Trek RPG; maybe I should go back to the old digs and see what's up."

Because I'm totally writing for the new game.

I can't, for the time being, talk about what I'm writing for the game, but I can say that I'm very, very excited to get to write for this project, and hope that it goes on for a good long while.
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support