Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek Adventures

Star Trek Adventures

Hi folks! Long time, no see. Happy to report I'll be one of the writers on the new STAR TREK ADVENTURES rpg, published by Modiphius.

Details to follow: www.modiphius.com/star-trek

http://geekandsundry.com/exclusive-s...over-a-decade/

http://www.enworld.org/forum/content...-STAR-TREK-RPG!

Qapla'
    AKA Breschau of Livonia (mainly rpg forums)
    Gaming blog 19thlevel

Sounds interesting. Currently I'm happy with LUG's ICON system, but this sounds like it has something to bring to the table. I like the fact that it appears to be a 'stat'n'skill' system rather than a 'class'n'level' system like CODA, and explicitly eschews JJTrek. They talk about playtests, but there is no info on how to join in on the playtesting? Got a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Ineti View Post
    Hi folks! Long time, no see. Happy to report I'll be one of the writers on the new STAR TREK ADVENTURES rpg, published by Modiphius.

Details to follow: www.modiphius.com/star-trek

http://geekandsundry.com/exclusive-s...over-a-decade/

http://www.enworld.org/forum/content...-STAR-TREK-RPG!
    Most excellent. Amazing that there will be a new RPG again.

Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    Sounds interesting. Currently I'm happy with LUG's ICON system, but this sounds like it has something to bring to the table. I like the fact that it appears to be a 'stat'n'skill' system rather than a 'class'n'level' system like CODA, and explicitly eschews JJTrek. They talk about playtests, but there is no info on how to join in on the playtesting? Got a link?
    I think at the moment the only link is on the modiphius.com/star-trek page for the general interest mailing list.

I thought something was up when a user with Modiphius in the user name was created and Ineti decided to drop by the forums again

Great news. I don't know that much about the 2D20, but I pitched in some money in the Conan crowdfunder and I know quite a few are happy with the Mutant Chronicles game (and those were fans of the original game, which I think was more or less a BRP derivative). So my main fear in this case is that I will get yet another Star Trek roleplaying game, without being able to gather a group to actually play it.

Looking forward to hear more about it.

Has anyone played the 2d20 system? How is it?
    -=/\=-
    CaptCStark

Looking forward to it, Ineti.
    - Daniel "A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having."

Ineti, i've been following the news on this with interest. Glad to hear "one of us" is on the inside. Congratulations. Looking forward to see what is coming our way. Sounds like there is going to be lots of new shiny.

Gotta hook my crew up! There's so much history in these forums. Had to show you all the love.

Speaking only for me, if the sales support this line, there's no shortage of stuff to do with it. The folks at Modiphius seem really amped to get it going.

I got the impression that Chris at Modiphius is really up for this, which is great to hear. I'm sure we'll be following this closely. I'll be heading to Dragonmeet in December to meet the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineti View Post
    I think at the moment the only link is on the modiphius.com/star-trek page for the general interest mailing list.
    Yep, but I found a notation that that registration for the playtest will begin after the official announcement next month. Meanwhile, I've downoalded the Conan quickstarter to get an idea of the system.

Congrats, man!

I sent a query about doing some work for this myself. Looks damn nice, what they're doing.
    chris "mac" mccarver
    world's angriest creative mind

We should have a few people interested around here surely? I no longer have a tabletop group myself, but would be interested...

I wonder if we could get this up with PBEM?

Update; Going to check out the 2D20 quickstart .pdf... to get a feel for it, I know they said it has been adjusted, but basic mechanics should be similar... surely???

Conan; http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...ath=8425_10380
    Infinity; http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...ath=8425_10380
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

I'm going to set up a play test group especially for this, come hell or high water