Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Star Trek Discovery

If it's discontinuous, then it's not the same continuity, hence... it doesn't matter.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Angry

I just logged in after several months absence. It's been confirmed by John Eaves in a now-deleted Facebook post that the new USS Enterprise had to abide by the strictures of Bad Reboot's license in that it had to be much larger and 25% different. Further CBS insiders have confirmed that both the Kelvin and "Prime" timelines are distinctly different from CBS's original timeline, now known internally as the "Canon" timeline. This mean that neither Jar Jar-Trek nor the Discoverse are canon, or at least not Canon. Now that Moonves has been ousted courtesy of the Me-Too controversy, Sumner Redstone's daughter is in de facto control and she favours re-merging CBS and Paramount in a restored Viacom. Since the Kelvin-verse is now officially D*E*A*D, it remains to be seen whether Bad Reboot can get a film out within the time-frame before Paramount's license reverts back to CBS.

Oh, and BTW (moderator hat on) Meteo, you're now off my ignore list, so I'm watching you. Your message of February 8th is unacceptable. You WILL treat the other members of the board with respect and courtesy. You will not receive a second warning. Any repeat of your name calling and telling people that they are not allowed to have a different opinion than yours will not be tolerated. If if happens again, I will advise Magnus to terminate your membership here with prejudice. Do not reply to this Moderatorial admonition, and whatever you do, DO NOT your recent spate of hate eMails. I will report it to the authorities if you do and press charges for harassment. You may, if you wish, appeal this to Magnus by PM, but I doubt you will succeed with that route.