Thread: Your questions to Modiphius via The Rolistes Podcast

Your questions to Modiphius via The Rolistes Podcast

Hello all

Long time no see.

I believe I posted here a loooong time ago about starting a little London based podcast about RPG of my own: The Rolistes Podcast

It is now an bit more than a year old and following a first episode with Chris Birch (see link below), I will have the honour to interview Modiphius Star Trek Adventures team as part of a special Star Trek episode.

https://rolistespod.wordpress.com/20...ica-civil-war/

I would be very interested to read your suggestion of questions regarding their new game.

We will also discuss Star Trek in general and the previous systems.

I personally only played LUG so feel free to send me also any anecdotes, interesting facts or bridging questions with FASA and the other systems.

Cheers

Kalum for The Rolistes Podcast
    Last edited by Kalum666; 09-18-2016 at 04:11 PM.

Youhouuu? No question? Anyone?

No excitement about that new game?

Supplemental:

The recording will take place on October 20th so I recommend to send me your questions before the 18th or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalum666 View Post
    Supplemental:

The recording will take place on October 20th so I recommend to send me your questions before the 18th or so.

Definitely some excitement here. I can't wait for the playtest to start so I can try the new game out.

I have a question for Chris.

Do Modiphius have plans to release a campaign of any sort for Star Trek Adventures?

These are my questions:
    -Are they going bring out a Species handbook with rules to build custom made species (One of my players plays a Brikar Hazard Team Leader).
    -They should to work together with Wizkids to make crossover rules to use the 2D20 with the Star Trek Attack Wing game, and make a Star Ship guide that allows custom star ship construction (Star Trek Attack wing styles), and offers extra star ship combat rules using the miniatures from wizkids. Is this a interesting idea? (would be good for both parties) (This can also lead to custom made starships with the use of 3D printers)
    -They should work together with Star Trek online, so that you can make a portrait of your character (png file so that you can choose the background) the entire crew, and ships (STL files so that you can print them on a 3D printer). Is this a interesting idea? (would be good for both parties).
    Ardet Nec Consumitur' / Burns but doesn't decay / Brandt maar vergaat niet.

Awright, a couple of things to throw out:

1. Will the new system involve use of the triple-damned feats from d20, or some essentially duplicate mechanic, such as Coda's Edges/Flaws? I should note that Icon's Advantages/Disadvantages do not fall in to this category, and, in fact, actually form a point of difference that Modiphius could use (productively, in my opinion) if including this sort of thing in design.

2. Is a point being made to avoid the largely Intellect-driven skill system that dominated Icon? While this sort of thing may, in fact, be largely true in reality, it'd be kind of nice to see skills, or skill sets, somewhat more evenly distributed among different Attributes.

3. This has probably been addressed previously, but is there going to be some sort of chaos-factor built in to exacerbate and/or ameliorate skill/Attribute/damage rolls, e.g., Icon's Drama die?

I gather that you recorded the playtest session of the Trek RPG at last months Modiphius meet-up for the podcast. Any idea when we can expect to hear this episode?

The episode should be online at the end of November.

I am recording the interview tonight.

Thanks for the question suggestions above.

I haven't properly listened to the playtest recording. I should include it in the episode (that's the plan) but it is will depend on how good it is.

It's finally online.

https://rolistespod.wordpress.com/20...ris-john-dave/

Thanks for your questions. I apologise for not asking all of them.

I got a bit overwhelmed during the recording.

4 people via SKype is a bit much.