Thread: Borg Tactical Fusion Cube

Borg Tactical Fusion Cube

The Borg Tactical Fusion Cube takes 8 Class 4 Tactical Cubes and fuses them together, making one of the most formidable Borg vessels ever to be fielded. Tactical fusion cubes have a crew of thousands, are heavily armed, have powerful shields and regenerating ablative hull armour, making them one of the most powerful vessels in the Borg fleet. A tactical fusion cube can effortlessly repel attacks from even the most formidable opponents - easily outgunning and overpowering even a starbase.
    *notes, I used Omega's Borg notes from the PDF and considered Borg technology to be around a century more advanced then Federation tech (as of 2376ce), and I used the Borg entries in Space Dock verbatim. I also referenced the Borg Cube writeup page 151 Space Dock Federation Recognition manual.

The Class 4 Tactical Cube

and the Tactical Fusion Cube

Size Class 17
    Long Range Tactical Vessel
    Length 6080m
    Beam 6080m
    Height 6080m
    Mass 26 million mt
    Decks 1520
    SU available (15,000) 17,250 (15% advancement, Borg technology is assumed to be about a century ahead of the Federation)
    SU used 17,212

Hull outer/inner <136>
    Resistance outer 26 <36>
    Resistance inner 24 <33>
    The Borg Hull resistance is up to a max of 50 per both outer and inner hull combined. Independently the outer hull can handle a max of 26 and the inner of 24.
    *Hull armour plating (regenerating ablative armour 1500, regens at 20pnts/rnd) <980>
    *ship regeneration <170>
    *atmo capability <17> These Cubes are capable of entering a planetary atmosphere, though the provision for planet-fall was not included.

SIF main class 10/ex 130/190 <56>
    SIF B'up 65 <28>
    SIF B'up 65 <28>

Crew/pass/evac 130,000/0/260,000

Quarters
    Regeneration alcoves 130,000 <1300>
    Power Cost: 1 Power per 100 Alcoves (1300pwr/rnd if all alcoves are active)
    The Borg alcoves line the maze of hallways along the wall in an irregular pattern. Each alcove is adjusted to a specific Borg Drone. When a Borg drone is created the alcove is adjusted to the Drones Neural Biological implants. The Borg most spend two hours a day regenerating to maintain optimal performance. After 120 hours away from the alcove degradation begins causing a difficulty of +1 to all tasks (and continues with an additional +1/hr thereafter). The vessels Queen chamber is an independant, unique and heavily fortified quarters/regeneration alcove, adjacent to the central plexus Resistance 34, this chamber is always protected by many tactical drones, ever ready to defend the Queen from any perceived threat.

Basic LS (caters for 512,000 personnel) <68>
    Reserve LS <34>
    Emergency LS (0 emergency shelters) <34>
    Gravity <17>
    Consumables (5 years worth) <85>
    Replicator food, network of small terminals <17>
    Replicator industrial, 3 network of small terminals <51>
    Replicator large pads (8) <24>

Medical (7) +2 EMK 3 <35>
    Maturation chambers (200) <20>
    The Borg have accelerated growing chambers for the Borg and alien species. When used by the Borg, either to grow children to adulthood or as a cloning from a single cell into a full biological species.
    Cloning Maturation chambers (200) <20>
    The Borg Cloning units are similar to that of the Maturation chambers. The Borg Cloning technology require the standard Maturation units plus cost one additional SU to each cloning unit and one power for each unit. The cloning process is seven times that of a maturation chamber, (the growth is accelerated to 112 days of growth). For example, a single cell is used and reaches maturity in sixty-seven point sixty-three hours from conception figuring a at a lifetime of just under seventy-six hundred days from conception to twentieth date of birth of an adult.

Recreation (0) none <->

Jefferies tubes, network of Turbo lifts, site-to-site transport <68>
    Fire suppression system <17>
    Escape pods (0) none <->

Cargo hold 1,000,000 cubic meters <30>
    50 locations throughout the ship

Propulsion systems
    Transwarp Drive (158,240 TSL, travel 20ly in 66 minutes) <261>
    *9 transwarp coils each are 29su, each coil is located in a protected chamber with resistance of 34 (10 over and above the standard inner hull resistance of 24)
    *note by Space Dock this drive should be 255su, but I rounded it up to fit as per Omega's notes on TW Coils

Emergency warp drive system Nacelles (4 embedded) Type 8 <138> <68>
    Warp cruise/sustainable/max 8.0/9.6/9.99 48 hours
    uprating pk (cruise/sustain/max{x2} pk1 each) <8>
    PIS (type J) 48 hours <20>

Impulse Engines (6) class 8 .75/.95c (384 pwr) <240>
    class gamma acceleration pk 100% <48>
    RCS <17>
    *one impulse engine per cube side, which allows for unprecedented impulse maneuverability for a vessel of this size.
    Last edited by WaveMan; 12-25-2017 at 02:03 AM.
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

Power Core
    (6) Class 13/s warp cores [699x6=4194 pwr] <870>
    EPS isomagnetic (std flow+ 900pwr) <132>

Auxiliary power (20) [100 pwr] <60>
    Emergency power (type F) [50 pwr] <50>
    available power 4578

Bridge none <->

Computers (8 cores) Bio-neural +4 <408>
    Class gamma uprating <6>
    ODN <51>

Navigational deflector <68>

Sensors
    Long range type 8 +3 <88>
    hr 6ly lr 18ly class 10 (10 str) gamma gain <26>
    +8000 substances/effects
    Lateral (2 ly range) class 10 (10 str) gamma gain +3 <56>
    +8000 substances/effects
    Navigational class 10 (10 str) gamma gain +3 <28>
    Probes 500 <50>
    Sensor skill 5
    Autopilot 4/4 <16>
    Nav comp class 3 +2 <4>
    Nav comp B'up class 3 <8>
    *2 full strength nav comps b'ups

IDF main 6 <204>
    IDF B'up 6 <54>
    Attitude control <4>
    *neurogenic interface (borg collective consciousness)

Comms central plexus (class 10) 10 str sec-5 beta +2<26>
    Emergency comms <1>

Tractor beams
    (48, 8/cube side) Delta 4/5/7/10 <576>
    (4, largest shuttle bays) Alpha 5/6/8/11 <12>

Transporter (personnel) type 8, enhanced 30 rooms [26su] <780>
    6 pad 100,000km range class J e/t coils 10 str
    *enhanced transporters can effortlessly penetrate Federation (and similar tech level species) shields

Transporter (emergency) type 5, 20 rooms [25su]<500>
    40 pad 25,000km range class J e/t coils 10 str

Transporter (cargo) type 5, 10 cargo bays [19su] <190>
    800kg 160,000km class J e/t coils 10 str

Security systems (2) <8>
    *anti-intruder system <17>
    *internal force fields <17>

Science systems (4) +3 <32>
    160 labs <32>
    specialized labs (8) <40>
    *each specialized lab is unassigned and easily adaptable to suit any specialized scientific endeavour as required.

TA/T/TS epsilon str11 +3 <18>
    TA/T/TS B'up epsilon str11 +3 <18>
    Weapon skill 5
    Auto destruct <17>
    When a Borg Vessel explodes with its Autodestruct it will generate 5000 points of extra damage beyond the hull. This would destroy any vessel in 1 MU of range.
    Beyond 1 MU out to 2 MU debris could cause 500 points of damage can be inflicted to the ship's shields, hull and so forth. A Chance roll of 7 to determine if any of the
    debris hits the vessel. Beyond 2 MU’s distance debris is of little danger.

Shuttle bay (200 size class worth) <400>
    various small Borg vessels
    25 locations throughout vessel, the 4 largest bays have tractor beam emitters.
    Last edited by WaveMan; 12-25-2017 at 02:10 AM.
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

Shields (adaptive, regenerative) <2276>
    protection 4000/6000
    Threshold 450 (1350 when adapted)
    regenerates at 50/rnd

shield gen class 20 prot 4000
    shield grid type c 50%
    dis amp class iota 450 threshold
    regen class 4 50/rnd

B'up shields (4) <16>
    Borg Shields act like normal shields on the first shot, then on the second hit the Borg must make a Difficulty check of 8 to determine if they have adjusted the shields
    to repel the attack. Third attack a Borg difficulty of 6, and the fourth a difficulty of 4. Once the weapons frequencies have been determined the shield threshold is tripled.
    The Federation Starships who have made Frequencies adjustments to their weapon systems the Borg automatically have a penalty of an additional 2 difficulty to their rolls.

Tactical systems
    Borg Energy Beams (48, 8 beam projectors/cube side) [59su] <2832>
    Dam 250 pwr30/sht 2sht/rnd arc 360 degree's
    ACB jacketting Acc 3/4/6/9 modes std, cont, pulse, wide, advanced frequency rotation
    range 10/35,000/150,000/400,000km

Borg cutting beams (18, 3/cube side) [30su] <540>
    dam see page 68-69 Space Dock.
    1 sht/rnd acc 3/4/6/9 arc 360 degree's
    range 10/35,000/150,000/400,000km

Borg Feedback Pulse Generator (6, 1/cube side) [18su] <108>
    see see page 68-69 Space Dock.

Borg Shield Drainer (48, 8/cube side) [25su] <1200>
    *each is attached to a delta tractor beam
    acc 3/4/6/9 arc 360 degree's
    see page 69 Space Dock.

Borg Torpedo Launchers (24, 4/cube side) [30su] <720>
    spread 12 acc 3/4/6/9 arc self guided
    range 15/400,000/2m/5m km

Torpedo Magazines
    24x240 Borg torpedoes [stratospheric] (500 dam) (5760 torpedoes) <576>

Unlike most other species, the Borg man each and every individual weapon on board with one or more Borg drones. Thus, they can fire at multiple targets (and fire multiple times at single targets) without incurring a multiple action penalty.
    The Fusion Tactical Cube carries a significant increase in firepower over almost any other Borg vessel.
    Last edited by WaveMan; 09-28-2016 at 10:53 PM.
    AKA-Dean

to my mind this is how a Borg vessel should be (and what a standard Borg Cube should read like), overwhelmingly powerful and capable of destroying 39 Federation vessels in one battle.

Some design notes,
    *I did want to put 8 power cores in (one for each cube) but they wouldn't fit.
    *I increased the number of tractor beams (and was going to make them class epsilon, but again not enough room.
    My thinking concerning this is that the Borg use tractor beams extensively (to capture and hold vessels, then draining their shields, or using their cutting beams to take a sample, or simply cutting through to the power core or bridge if the Borg want to destroy/disable the target quickly etc), I also increased the number of shield draining weapons to match the total number of tractor beams emitters.
    *I made the hull armour regenerative, added 300su for 1500 armour, and then 4x170sc so that it could regenerate 20 pnts/rnd
    *I drastically increased shield power, putting in class 20 shield generators. There could be a case for metaphasic shields too (assimilated from Federation vessels after 2369ce) that would take the protection 12,000/18,000 and threshold to 1350. Though that would make the adaptive shields somewhat redundant.
    *I increased the medical rating to 7, no good reason for it, just felt right (minimum medical rating to achieve a +2)
    *sensors are exactly the same as the standard Cube

Transwarp speeds, I envision a Borg vessel using a Transwarp Hub that vessels could achieve 3,990,320TSL (20x warp 9.9999 or 199,516TSL) or 20ly in 2.65minutes
    Last edited by WaveMan; 12-25-2017 at 02:18 AM.
    AKA-Dean

Quote Originally Posted by WaveMan View Post
    to my mind this is how a Borg vessel should be (and what a standard Borg Cube should read like), overwhelmingly powerful and capable of destroying 39 Federation vessels in one battle.
    Did you read the Wolf 359 reenactment report?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

no, could you post it please? I was only using the episode as a reference.

To be honest I always found the write up of the Borg Cube underwhelming. With 1400/2100 protection on its shields I thought (though never tested) Wolf 359 would have gone a completely different way (40 starships opening up with weapons free, like how Ricker did when facing the Husnock vessel the second time, the first salvo would bring down the shield, the next destroys the Cube.)
    Last edited by WaveMan; 09-27-2016 at 02:42 AM.
    AKA-Dean

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Did you read the Wolf 359 reenactment report?
    haha... I remember that... I recall I took the Oberth Class USS Bonestall for a challenge...

Leaving me with nothing to do after turn 2...
    DanG/Darth Gurden
    The Voice of Reason and Sith Lord

“Putting the FUNK! back into Dysfunctional!”

Coming soon. The USS Ganymede NCC-80107
    "Ad astrae per scientia" (To the stars through knowledge)

The thing that struck me about it was the interesting idea that the massacre Wolf 359 was partially the result of inappropriate tactics on the part of the Federation; sending small waves of ships to strafe it and then pull back instead of swarming it like in First Contact meant the Borg just picked them off one by one. Anyway, I may be misremembering it...
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry