Thread: Star Trek Beyond

Star Trek Beyond

I thought Owen had a thread talking about this but couldn't find it.

Just watched it and as expected it was terrible, only 'Star Trek' in name as there was nothing familiar with the Trek I know and love. The focus was (as per the other two abominations) on action over substance.

Sorry no spoiler text to hide this
    The most insulting things for me were, firstly at the beginning with the Captain and crew suffering from boredom after only 3 years of exploring....Then the Federation 'space station', bigger than the Borg Unicomplex...and lastly the Captain being offered Rear Admiral rank after 5 years of being in Starfleet (and obviously just 5 years out of the Academy) and only 3 years as a Captain.....
    Last edited by WaveMan; 09-30-2016 at 05:58 PM.
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

mods just found Owens thread (though its heading is "Star WARS Beyond" not Star Trek Beyond) can you merge these threads?
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

Quote Originally Posted by WaveMan View Post
    mods just found Owen's thread (though its heading is "Star WARS Beyond" not Star Trek Beyond) can you merge these threads?
    The name Star Wars beyond was intentional, to indicate that as with other people, I felt it was not a real Star Trek movie.