Thread: Help with Lethean race writeup

Help with Lethean race writeup

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a race template for Letheans but I'm a bit stuck and I hope you guys can help.

Below is what I have come up with so far. What I need is quite obvious, but I'm thinking that their Psionic Attack might need a separate Psionic Skill also, however I'm at a loss as to what that might entail.

Lethean:
    Personality:
    Letheans are known for their ferocity and stubbornness, but are often thought to be unintelligent. This is a stereotype that Letheans exploit to their advantage.

Physiology and Appearance
    Letheans are bald, with a vertical bone ridge that runs across their face and heads. They have small bone protrusions that can grow along this ridge and on their cheeks, and their skin is mottled and has multiple cartilage folds. Their eyes have a reddish tint. Letheans are descended from reptiles and prefer the dark. They have an average lifespan of 60 years.

Homeworld
    unknown; believed located in the Ionite Nebula

History and Culture:
    The Letheans wiped out the neighboring Gretharans in a war in the mid to late 21st century.

Society:

Language and Names:

Favored Professions:
    Soldiers and Rogues are predominant among Lethean, although some become Mystics as well exploring their psychic abilities to achieve enlightenment.

Species Adjustments:
    +1 Vitality, +1 Perception, -1 Presence

Species Abilities:
    Bonus Edge: Psionic: Letheans automatically posess the Psionic edge.

Encounters:

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    I wrote up a Lethean thing a couple of yours ago, and it worked really well for our game. I'm still using it in the game I play with my daughter. If you can use it, our if it gives you any ideas for your own, well, I hope this helps.

alien_Lethean.pdf

I suggest that, instead of ability adjustments, you think of distinctive mechanical ways of expressing the same concepts. This helps make playing a Lethean 'feel' different to play, instead of losing the changes in the normal spread of varying ability scores.

When a player choses a Lethean to play, what do you want that choice to mean?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

some more info on the race http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Lethean

When I dabbed with Lethean characters I relied heavily on the expanded psionic powers in TNG Player's Guide page 97.
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

That is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugazi Grrl View Post
    I wrote up a Lethean thing a couple of yours ago, and it worked really well for our game. I'm still using it in the game I play with my daughter. If you can use it, our if it gives you any ideas for your own, well, I hope this helps.

alien_Lethean.pdf

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    I'm glad I could help. I hope you get a lot of fun out of it. Some of abilities came from the Letheans in the old video game, Klingon Honor Guard. I don't think they show Letheans scoring walls with Psionic Blasts, and such, on the shows. But, adding that did make it a lot for fun for our group.

Quote Originally Posted by HenrikB View Post
    That is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for the help.