Thread: Owen — Alma Mater RPG?

Owen — Alma Mater RPG?

A guy I know was asking around to see if anyone knew what the rights status of the Alma Mater RPG was. I think he wants to reprint it, or do a new edition.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I was approached a few years ago by someone asking if I knew how to contact the original writers/publishers. I suspect this is the same guy. Unfortunately, that was nearly 35 years ago and I have not had any contact with them since 1982... Sorry.

Heh, I kind of expected it. Thanks anyway.

How'd you end up working on it?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I was working at Odyssey 2000 a comic store in Halifax where the writers bought their comics. I'd done some signs for the comic bins and they asked if I'd like to do some art for the game. When the third artist's work got lost in the interface between the US Snail and the Canadian Post Offal, they asked me to do a second batch on short notice, which is why many of my drawings looked less detailed than others. I also did the back cover as part of the second batch. I also did illos for their GenCon adventure and for a PBM game called Nuke'm for them. They were students at Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia at the time. As I noted to the chap who was trying to get in touch, one of the authors who wrote under the pen name of Steve was actually named Zbigniew (last name forgotten decades ago).