Thread: DJ Curtis' Enterprise-G in CODA

DJ Curtis' Enterprise-G in CODA

Famous model by famous fan designer DJ Curtis, the Eclipse class.

See below for updated stat sheet.

I had to fudge the Torpedoes because of the limitations of the spreadsheet I had to use. Honestly, she can't really be built within the rules, but I hope I sort've did her justice.

Orthos
    eclipse_class_by_admiral_horton-d7dl6mi.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chris Donovan; 12-03-2016 at 02:49 PM.

Oh, Gods, please save us from the kit-bash 'skillz' of so-called fannish 'designers'. A tired and uninspired Nova/Intrepid hybrid abortion. Puh-leeze!

I think you're being a little harsh. More than a little, actually. There's no "kitbash" in this model, all the parts are original, not borrowed. It shares some form elements with the Intrepid, true, but Curtis made the effort to advance the aesthetic.

I made some significant errors in scaling and once I redid those I had to restat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Chris Donovan; 12-09-2016 at 06:32 PM.

Ok, I had to throw the limits out the window to accurately model the "original", beware they will be way overpowered compared to ships designed strictly per rules.

Enteprise-G (CODA).doc

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    I've had to do that several times to make ship-designs fit the game I'm playing more than the rules would allow.

I think Starships does that a time or two it's self.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugazi Grrl View Post
    I've had to do that several times to make ship-designs fit the game I'm playing more than the rules would allow.

I think Starships does that a time or two it's self.
    Yes, it does. The Constitution class is one of them. You can't build a canon Connie using the rules. That's why I said "screw it" and just modeled truer to concept. At least I can still use the worksheet to do the math.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
    I think the same could be said for the Galaxy and Sovereign classes.

I based my Expedition class on a mix of the Sovereign and the Akira. And a friend double-checked it for me once and it was only off by a few points here and there. So, I was very surprised.

I've actually started making ships again. It's fun.