Thread: Star Wars vessels sourcebook

Star Wars vessels sourcebook

Here is my Complete Star Wars Spacedock of ships. It encompasses the original trilogy, the prequel trilogy, Clone Wars, the Force Awakens Era (that I have come to call the Resistance Era), Rebels series Era, and the latest addition Rogue One at the very end of the document. Many of these are ships that we have used. There is a briefing on the Republic Star Destroyer that we have used several Republic Star Destroyers in our adventures. There are a number of versions of the Republic Star Destroyers and Imperial Star Destroyers as I keep fiddling with them making them a little better or various depictions of them in books. Even the Death Star’s are various versions.

STAR WARS Spacedock complete by Omega1967.pdf

Enjoy and Happy holidays.

a really interesting read mate.

One contention I have is hyperdrive size (you have changed them from other posts you have previously done here http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...s+hyper+drives) and their speeds. I realize Wars uses 'speed of plot' even more so than Trek but I always thought your listing of speeds for hyperdrives was way too slow (for eg a class .25 hyperdrive is not capable of achieving warp 9.99 or 7912c or 20ly in 22hrs). Research of the Millennium Falcon shows (we all know it has a Class .5 Hyperdrive) it is capable of travelling anywhere from 672ly/day (or 28ly/hr) to 25,000ly/day. Other sources say that a Class 1 hyperdrives can achieve 14ly/hr, and as we know a .5 hyperdrive is twice as fast, and a .25 hyperdrive is four times as fast. The fastest Star Wars vessels can traverse the Galaxy (120,000 ly) in a matter of weeks, putting their top speeds very high.
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

It is basically the same but made little changes out of use. I wanted some lag time in the travel to allow characters to have a little time to relax with their characters so they are no just always on the go. We have discovered that players who have created a character may not really like the character when they have no action around to contend with. This forces them to make a character that they like in all situations.

Yeah I know it is being bossy.

fair enough mate. Travel times should be up to the GM/referee but on the other hand a locked down, quantified speed is usually required by most players, especially if they have a say in what type of engine their ship has.

Travel times in Wars was very subjective, with a lot of factors playing into the end time result. this is one quote from a website I found

The only thing I would add (basically as a tl;dr) is that there is no one set speed that all ships travel while they are in hyperspace. The only thing we can be sure of is that the ship is traveling faster than the speed of light.
    and this

"While generally determined by the distance between two planets, hyperspace travel times between two locations seemingly close to one another could be drastically extended by the need to navigate around stellar hazards, such as asteroid fields and nebulae.

An example of this is the journey from Coruscant to Alderaan. In terms of distance, Alderaan was situated close to Coruscant—the former at approximately 5,000 light years from the Core, the latter at approximately 10,000. However, during the Imperial era, such a journey required roughly sixteen hours of travel due to a section of the route passing through a part of the largely-uncharted Deep Core, where navigation was difficult as a result of the gravity wells produced by the congregation of stars. Ironically, then, it was actually faster to get from Tatooine to Alderaan on the other side of the galaxy. In some cases, intragalactic travels could take days (note: The galaxy is about 120,000 light years across), depending on the distance between two planets and the obstacles between."

So it would seem that travelling around 10,000 light years (my estimation of the distance between Coruscant and Alderaan based on a cursory glance at the Star Wars Map Official Map of Star Wars Galaxy) in 16 hours (or 625 light years/per hour) would be considered slow. A light year in Star Wars equals about 9.5 quadrillion meters, so a ship in hyperspace could travel at least about 6 quintillion meters per hour.

from what I can tell travelling in hyperspace with a Class 1 engine is about equivalent to Trek using Quantum SlipStream, a transwarp conduit or the fastest Coaxial Warp drives. Then using that same equivalency (about 300ly/hr, what any of the three listed Trek drives can achieve) when you then use a Class .5 (twice as fast as a Class 1) gets you close to the 625ly/hr that is used as the Wars example (which is talking about the Millennium Falcon and its Class .5 Hyperdrive)
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

You are right about it but the ships can only so fast. I did not want a ship arriving faster than I wanted. Crew needed time to rest.

Like I said mate, it's all good, I was just pointing out some things that stood out for me.

I, personally would put the Class 1 hyperdrive at 14ly/hr, and go from there (so Class .5 is 28ly/hr and Class .25 st 56ly/hr and the reverse, a Class 10 at 1.4ly/hr. It is still very fast, but not as stupidly fast as 625ly/hr that the Millennium Falcon is allegedly capable of going (and being said that that speed is slow)
    AKA-Dean

In truth I would have designed the hyper drive different if I had the chance to do it over. The only problem is the three ways I had come up with including the one that I posted were not any better.

The first was starting with a type 100 where the travel was twice the speed of light and doubling before I got to the top of the list the Millennium Falcon left today and would have arrived yesterday of earlier. By twelve up the scale the ships are traveling over 8192 time the speed of light. It was a no go and tossed in the trash file.

The second was to take a predetermined speed such as Warp factor 9.99 (I could have used 8000c or even 9000c nevertheless chose the 7912c) and dividing it equally reducing the speed from the top of the scale and down in equal lumps and then at the half marks down a little more. Each ship is this fast and advanced so much. That would have worked but I found that I did not like it. Dividing by one hundred it came down to an advance in speed by 79.12c. I found that it became far too predictable in calculations. In hindsight it may have been the better system but it landed on the pile with the previous calculations.

Eventually I settled on a warp six as a base line speed and worked my way up and down the scale making the speed chart that is there as Warp Six being a base line speed. Later I figured out the speed of the c for each hyper drive system. That is the scale that I created and the method. I think it is the best of the three. Yet all ships can go a percentage of that speed to match a fleet travel to a destination together such as the Second Death Star in orbit of Endor Moon to arrive more or less at the same moment.

I hope that explains the chart that we use. The ships are really no faster than Warp driven ships but just come out that way on screen and as a GM I also wanted the characters to have time to interact between scenes a little giving a bigger better character base to their character.

thanks for the expansion mate, I can see what you are getting at and understand why you did what you did. Each GM needs to set up their game to suit themselves and their players.
    AKA-Dean