Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: America's Loss

I'd rather have a Douwd.

Okay, I shut up.

------------------
    "I perfectly understand your concerns, Captain, and will quietly stay in my quarters until your life threatening problem is solved, without bothering you with the importance of my mission"
    UFP VIP to Enterprise Captain, alternate timeline #0348

I believe one has to be leniant and careful. Showing mercy will, as I assume be more helpful now, than violence ( and of course ths is easy to say as a non affected ).
    But I think if the world community shows mercy ( that does not mean that there will be no punishment ) will at the end destroy the terrorists power. How shall they justify their acts among their followers, if the evil western society is not that evil?
    And after all killing thos people in a vengeful bomb raid will only strenghten the hate of their followers.

------------------
    "I am a great one for rushing in where angels fear to tread." - Cpt. Kirk, Star Trek VI

www.farrealms.de

It has now been the day after the attack that has stunned a nation and shocked the world. We here in America have witnessed many acts of heroism. I am going to share them with you

Act 1:
    During a live camera report a New York Reporter encounters a group of constuction workers coming on scene, the report asks them what they are going to do, the reply is " We don't know, but they need are help, and we are going to give it."

Act 2:
    this morning at around 7:00am (est) 3000 units of blood arrived in New York City from Denver, CO by a Leer jet

Act 3:
    Yesterday afternoon on a radio station in Denver,CO a DJ suspended his program to talk to a little girl who was at home alone and scared that she was going to die, until her parents came home.

Act4:
    Though not yet confirmed the Passengers of flight 93, who knew they where going to die and how, overpowering there captors and unfortunately losing there lives as the plane plunged into the ground in Sommerset,PA

Act 5:
    The men and Women who have died in fighting the fires, and trying to rescue the people trapped in the WTC.

These acts we will remeber and never forget.

------------------
    Jonathan Talbot.
    Medical Officer
    "First Away Team Mission... Beaming down to a Hostile Planet... Captain Kirk is leading the Away Team... I am wearing a red shirt... No Fear!!! Unknown Crew Member

While largely a non-violent man, I'd consider it abhorrent if those responsible (directly and otherwise) were not "brought to justice."

Comments made on the TV recently have indicated - rightly so - that the agencies of the United States treat terrorism as a crime and terrorists as criminals.

Those agents of terror, on the other hand, consider themselves soldiers.

Then treat them as soldiers.

Don't arrest them and hold them for trial.

Kill them.

If the United States is at war, then killing is justified. It is not an act of revenge, but rather a preemptive strike against those that would do harm to the American people.

Again, as I've said, I am generally a man of peace. I believe that criminals deserve rehabilitatiojn rather than execution.

These individuals are not criminals.

Hunt them down and kill them. All of them, wherever they are.

That's not revenge; that's justice.

mactavish out.

P.S. On a side note, I've heard that portions of the Arabic population of Dearborn, Michigan have been acting much like many of those in Palestine, cheering and celebrating the attack against the United States. Has anyone else seen or heard any such thing?

well
    NATO just invoked article 5, the mutual defense clause, as of now all NATO countries are going to give active military and physical support to the US.

So whatever group of morons hit us just pissed off the most powerful military alliance in the world. I almost feel sorry for the stupid shitheads.

Dave

I figured that would happen, now for those of you , who have no idea what this means, is this...

The other member nations will now allow for the US, to fly or move men and materials across their borders, they will provide the approrpriate man power and assist in any way possible.

Now NATO itself has given us stipulations, these stipulations are we must have concrete evidence and proof, as to who we are going after. If we are the least bit hesitant the deal is off...

------------------
    Jonathan Talbot.
    Medical Officer
    "First Away Team Mission... Beaming down to a Hostile Planet... Captain Kirk is leading the Away Team... I am wearing a red shirt... No Fear!!! Unknown Crew Member

Arrow

This is a good thing. That we have the support of our allies in NATO.

Plus, the Alliance would keep America (which is very, very angry ... including myself, which is already hard to control) in check by keeping a cool head when presenting concrete evidence to show is who is responsible.

------------------
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

[This message has been edited by REG (edited 09-14-2001).]

As long as the governments go all the way and are not swayed by the candy-asses of the world to stop when the job is half done, if this is going to be a military operation then take the gloves off and let the military do what they are trained to do. Allow them to eradicate the enemy and anyone who gets in the way. "Wipe them out, all of them."

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mactavish:
    P.S. On a side note, I've heard that portions of the Arabic population of Dearborn, Michigan have been acting much like many of those in Palestine, cheering and celebrating the attack against the United States. Has anyone else seen or heard any such thing?</font>
    Not the case at all. This is, by the way, no slam at anyone who has heard and asked about these "reports". Rumors like this are inevitable and need to be brought into the open in order for something to be done about them. Thank you for bringing it up Mac, it needs to be dealt with.

I want to just make sure that all on the board know that reports of any "street parties" in Dearborn are not accurate. I myself live roughly 2 miles from Dearborn, and there have not been any such gatherings.
    This is based on everything I have seen locally over the last two days and after speaking directly to one of my players who actually lives in Dearborn. The mood there is very tense, but this is understandable.

Most Arabs have been very somber over the event, and there have been some vigils held for the victims. They are much like every other group and person I have seen in this country. The city of Dearborn has doubled their police patrols at last report to protect their citizens. For those of you who might not know, Dearborn has the highest population density of Arab Americans in the United States (I believe that the state of California actually has more Arab Americans, but those in this state are largely concentrated in that single area).

In fact, contrary to these rumors, the Arab-American population has been suffering attacks as anti-Arab sentiment begins to rise. These range from physical assaults on/altercations with Arab American citizens (at least one report of an assault), threats to Arab-American owned businesses (several reports including bomb threats) and although I could not find it on the local news outlet's website I think there was a report of someone defacing a local Mosque this morning.

These actions are wrong, these are citizens of the United States and wherever they came from they are deserving of the full status of citizens as well as the protection of the Constitution (for those who call for some of the things I have seen on other websites). If the Constitution means nothing during a crisis, it means nothing at all; not just for Arab Americans, but for Americans in general.

An interesting quote: Former Drug Czar Bennett was talking with Chris Matthews today and made a comment, "We are all Isrealis now." The obvious connotation being that the US is now in the same situation as Israel, suicide bombs used against civilians which seemed remote to so many of us when it happened in Tel Aviv have now become our reality.

Mad Political Scientist

Remember New York.

------------------
    P.S. The plume of smoke from New York was apparently visible from the space station in orbit. I do not know how accurate this is, I heard it on the local news which means it is probably old news and just as likely to be incorrect.

P.P.S. The Empire State Building has been evacuated according to CNN. No real followup on this in the last hour so I am not sure how serious it was.

[This message has been edited by Publius (edited 09-12-2001).]

Publius,

Its true the smoke cloud could be seen from orbit. They showed the "sat pics" on our Ottawa Regional news.

Apparently the evac of the Empire State Building was false. According to CBS news broadcast.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!

As a patriot, I was saddened and in shock when I had first heard of the terrorist attacks, but that sadness and shock quickly turned to anger and outrage when the Pentagon was attacked. The reason for this is because of the efficiency of the perpetuators.

I feel that Arab-Americans should not be targets for discrimination or prejudice just because of the ethnicity.

Although I back the President 100%, I do feel that Congress should declare war on all terrorists and the countries that harbor them. The reason why I feel this way, is because this was an act of war and should be dealt with tenfold.

On a side note, it was extremely heartening when I heard that pro-America supporters in Berlin, Germany were holding a vigil for Americans that more than likely have lost their lives in this vicious attack on our sovereignty! Germany, along with Canada and the U.K.: its nice to know who our real allies are. Every time I think about what those Germans did, I get misty-eyed.

Because as far as I'm concerned, those countries that have harbored terrorists for years (such as the PLO), when I heard that Arafat condemned the attack, I feel that it is just lip-service.

I have yet to hear those nations that these terrorists are located (such as Hezbollah, etc) cracking down on these abominations to humanity!
    ------------------
    "Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of war..."
    -Chang (ST VI)

[This message has been edited by Treefrog (edited 09-12-2001).]

Arrow

To the conspirators of this act, we will prevail.
    To the supporters of this act, we will prevail.
    To the one who ridicule us, we will prevail.
    To the one who pity us, we will prevail.
    For we are Americans
    And we will prevail.

You brought this violence to us once.
    We shall return upon you a thousandfold.

------------------
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

[This message has been edited by REG (edited 09-12-2001).]

Just wanted to drop in and give an update. I think George W will end up finishing the war his dad started oh so many years ago.

This just came over the wire on the World Tribune:

Israeli intelligence: Iraq financed attacks

GEOSTRATEGY-DIRECT.COM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2001

Iraq recruited Saudi billionaire fugitive Osama Bin Laden and his Islamic allies to carry out the suicide attacks around the United States, according to Israeli intelligence.

Israeli officials and intelligence analysts said the suicide hijackings that downed the World Trade Center and destroyed parts of the Pentagon was too large an operation for any one group. The analysts said the operation was also too big even for a coalition of Islamic terrorists headed by Saudi billionaire fugitive Osama Bin Laden. Bin Laden is accused of masterminding the bombings of the U.S. embassies in eastern African in 1998.

Intelligence sources briefed the Cabinet of Prime Minister Ariel Sharon on late Tuesday, hours after the catastrophe in New York and Washington. The sources were quoted as telling the Cabinet that a Middle East government was probably the sponsor of the attack.

The most likely sponsor for such an attack, the sources said, is Iraq. The Baghdad regime has long maintained an alliance with Bin Laden and Islamic groups.

You can read the rest of it at:
    http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtri...reaking_1.html

The man will just not go away!!!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Treefrog:

On a side note, it was extremely heartening when I heard that pro-America supporters in Berlin, Germany were holding a vigil for Americans that more than likely have lost their lives in this vicious attack on our sovereignty! Germany, along with Canada and the U.K.: its nice to know who our real allies are. Every time I think about what those Germans did, I get misty-eyed.
    </font>
    Shoulder-to-shoulder my friend.

------------------
    In the Praetors Name!