Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: has anyone adapted Space Dock to Power Armour

has anyone adapted Space Dock to Power Armour

I have long been fascinated by the concept of Mechanized Power Armour, a single occupant suit of armour along the lines of the 3 ton suits Starship Troopers (the book not the movie adaptions) that is flight capable and drop capable (low orbit insertion from a Capital vessel) or the various Power Armour from BattleLords of the 23rd Century (they had 4 types, non mechanized 'body armour', powered armour called 'heavy armour', 'mechanized battle armour' and lastly 'ultra armour' which was essentially single or dual occupancy Mech's). I envision these suits would be around Size 1 (for the 'suit' type armour which is a exoskeleton type armour) or Size 2 for the 'mech' type armours.

Has anyone attempted to adopt Spacedock to this type of 'craft'?
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

I like the idea. The closest thing I have done is the Sphinx class construction craft, Babylon 5's work pods and construction style starfuries all are single person crafts. The only other thing would be the Workbee shuttles that are somewhere here. But a suit I have no idea. You would need to generate some tech for it here and there. I am only familar with the ones that were on screen (and in Japanese cinima) as I never read the book.

Look in the TNG Tech Manual under space suits. There's an EVA worksuit based on the 1950's-60's "bottle suit". I basically add shields and a Phaser III to it. I don't use Spacedock for it any more than I would a space suit. It's really overkill and would require a wholesale ground-up rework of the Spacedock system.

http://www.coldnorth.com/owen/game/s...c/worksuit.htm
    Last edited by Owen E Oulton; 04-22-2017 at 05:15 PM. Reason: added link

Space suits or even battle/enviro suits (basically space suits setup for battle) or the 'hazard' suit is completely different. I am thinking the next step up.

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Hazard_suit

the sort of armour (for the 'suit' type) I am thinking is the far right in the pic

and 'mech' style with the sort of scaling I am thinking
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

Isn't that the purpose of the Work Bee?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Isn't that the purpose of the Work Bee?
    how many weapons does a Work Bee have? How useful would a Work Bee be in a combat situation? Do you have anything useful to add?
    AKA-Dean

Quote Originally Posted by WaveMan View Post
    how many weapons does a Work Bee have? How useful would a Work Bee be in a combat situation? Do you have anything useful to add?
    Well, the Federation probably has shuttlepod-sized combat drones, although depending on what your tactical goals would be you'd probably want a photon torpedo to be the thing you send in.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

put aside how you think the Federation would adapt the concept of Power Armour, that wasn't what I was thinking, I simply asked if anyone has thought how Space Dock would handle Power Armour. I think Power Armour is a natural extension, and most advanced societies would gravitate towards developing such technology. Why I started thinking about this was watching the last episodes of this season of The Expanse, and the Martian and UN Goliath Power Armours.

http://expanse.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Armor
    AKA-Dean

How well suited is Spacedock to sub-capital level ship fights in the first place?

it works for shuttles well enough and runabouts, and larger Power Armours (mech type) would be the same size as a shuttle (sc2).

I suppose you could eliminate all the systems such as navigational deflectors and other systems not used if you aren't zipping around in space at warp, and not include any propulsion systems except reaction control systems (which are capable of a speed of .025c or 7494 km/sec allowing the armour the ability to fly, inter and exit atmospheres and fly around in solar systems) but would have to include a mechanized propulsion system so the armour could 'walk'.

The Dominion War sourcebook has atmo vehicles written up (such as skimmers and phaser tanks) so I might look to that and adapt that.
    AKA-Dean

I was thinking about it a while and I realized this is as close as I have come to it. When building my STAR WARS ships I generated Walkers and speeder bikes. I hope that this helps you.

Galactic Republic Walker
    Class and Type: All terrain Tactical Enforcer
    Commissioning Date: a long time ago

Hull Systems
    Size: 2
    Length: meters
    Beam: meters
    Height: meters
    Decks: 1
    Mass: metric tons
    SUs Available:
    SUs Used: 157

Hull Outer <8>
    Hull Inner <8>
    Resistance Outer Hull: 2 <0>
    Resistance Inner Hull: 2 <0>
    Specialized Hull: Planetfall Capability <2>

Personnel Systems
    Class/Passengers/Evac: 7/38/60
    Environmental Systems
    Basic Life Support: [4 power/round] <8>
    Reserve Life Support: [2 power/round] <4>
    Consumable: 2 Weeks worth <1>
    Food Storage [0 power/round] <2>
    Medical Facilities: Med Kits <5>
    Personnel Transport: Jefferies Tubes [2 Power/round] <2>
    Fire Suppression System [1 power/round when active]
    <2>
    Cargo Holds: 15 cubic meters <1>
    Locations:

PROPULSION SYSTEMS
    Mechanical Propulsion (60 KPH) [1 power/round] <10>

Power Systems
    Main Reactor: Class 1/A (generates 60 Power/round)
    <23>
    Transphere/round<12>
    Standard Usable Power: 60

Operations Systems
    Bridge: Cockpit <10>

Computers
    Core: [5 Power/round] <4>
    ODN <6>

Communications Systems
    Type: Class 3 [2 Power/round] <6>
    Strength: 3
    Security: -1
    Emergency Communications: [2 Power/round] <1>
    Security Systems Rating: 1 <4>

TACTICAL SYSTEMS
    Rail Cannons <10>
    Type: Equal to a Type VI Phaser Array
    Damage: 110 [11 Power]
    Number of Emitters: 80 (up to 2 shots per round)
    Targeting System: Class Alpha (Accuracy 5/6/8/11)
    Range:
    Firing Modes: Standard

Blaster Cannons <3 x 6 = 18>
    Type: Equal to a Type I Phaser Array
    Damage: 20 [2 Power]
    Number of Emitters: 120 (up to 3 shots per round)
    Targeting System: Class Alpha (Accuracy 5/6/8/11)
    Range:
    Firing Modes: Standard

TA/T/TS: Class Alpha [0 Power/round] <6>
    Strength: 7
    Bonus: +0
    Weapon Skill: 3

AUXILIARY SPACECRAFT SYSTEM
    Shuttlebay(s): Capacity for 4 size worth of ships <4>
    Standard Compliment: Speeder bikes
    Location(s): Belly

Notes: An armored vessel capable of movement across the surface of the land in battle and armed with weapons that are of starship capability.

thanks mate, and yes it does somewhat help me, though I have always felt Wars tech to be on the whole inferior to Trek tech and that translates in the write up of the Walker, I think a Trek Mech type Power Armour would be superior to that.

I was merely begging the question about power armour.

I found these pics the other day from STO, apparently the Voth developed Mech type power armour and I will, at some point attempt to write them up and maybe do a Federation version (timeline wise this all happens in the early 25th century so I will do the write ups with that in mind, say around 2412ce).

and comparison sizing

and the Undine also use a various progression of armour that becomes more complex as they move up in rank (not that you would think they would need it as they are already a paragon species and formidable in their natural, unarmoured state)

The one thing I always thought was that the Klingons would have developed power armour as a matter of course, as it is a common theme for 'warrior' type species to go down that path (the Eridani in Battle Lords of the 23rd century for example, who, as a species, has always reminded me of a 'perfected' Klingon archetype, a kind of Vulcan/Klingon hybrid, a physiologically superior warrior with the mental discipline of a Vulcan, and with a true sense of honor), and were the ones to develop the mech type power armours [called Ultra Armour] in the BattleLords universe), developing power armour as a means to make the ultimate warrior

https://www.ssdc.com/battlelords/eridani

and an Eridani Swordsaint weilding a LightSword
    Last edited by WaveMan; 05-06-2017 at 08:19 PM.
    AKA-Dean

Ok I have done two builds, a Voth Dacentrus-class Exo-Suit Mech type Power Armour and a Federation Cyclops-class Mech type Power Armour.

I took some liberties, modifying Space Dock to suit. The changes consist of
    I replaced the hull (inner and outer) with a land/air mech chassis (scx10)
    I added a mechanized bipedal system (scx10)
    I eliminated most of the security systems (rating 0 and no internal force fields)
    I made a judgement call and said the mech only has 2 shield generators (rather than 4 like a star ship), forward and aft.
    Speed I went with the fastest hover craft from the Dominion War sourcebook and made their land speed 1/2 of what the only wheeled vehicle I have written up (walk/cruise [jog]/max [run])

Voth Dacentrus-class Exo-Suit Mech type Power Armour

Size 2 (ground vehicle size 4)
    Height 3.71m
    Mass 30mt

Su available 1563
    (I considered Voth tech to be 10 centuries ahead of the Federation)
    Su used 1561

Land/Air mech chassis bipedal <20>
    Resistance (inner/outer) 4000/10 <54>
    *neutronium armour <160>
    *sensor reflective hull <->
    *atmo, planet fall capability, submersive capability <6>
    The Mech is designed to operate in any type of environment, space, land or underwater.
    *armour regeneration (1su/rnd) <20>

SIF class 12ex 150/225 <48>
    SIF B'up 75 <24>

Crew/pass/evac 1/0/0

Basic LS (1 pwr/rnd) <8>
    Reserve LS <4>
    Emergency LS <4>
    Gravity/Anti Grav generators (2) <12>
    Consumables 1 year worth <2>
    Replicators (food) <2>
    Replicators (industrial) <2>
    *replicators have been perfected, single bit errors have been eliminated and now have resolution to a quantum level. Only a tri-corder can tell the difference between replicated matter and 'real' matter. This allows basic life forms to be replicated such as plants, bacteria and algae. Wall mounted replicator terminals are no longer required, the crew member simply tells the computer where to deposit the food/item and it appears.

Medical facilities (automated, caters for a single Voth) +5 emk 3 <25>
    automated robotic/holographic medical system <20>

Particle synthesis interior <8>
    *a combination of particle synthesis and holographic technology that allows the pilot to reconfigure the interior and create any type of artificial environment.
    Jefferies tubes at best/internal access panels <2>
    Fire suppression system <2>

Propulsion system
    Mechanised bipedal system <20>
    land speed 75/125/200km/hr
    Voth Transwarp Drive <30>
    Transwarp 3,990,320TSL or 10,000ly in 21.97hrs
    *perfected transwarp drive

Impulse engine (1) class V .8c/.98c [40pwr] <29>
    atmo speed 17,000/21,000/25,000km/hr
    class gamma acc package 100%<8>
    Impulse thrusters (+1 flight control above .6c)
    RCS <2>

Power core subspace tap (zero point power cell) [4200 pwr/rnd] <20>
    EPS (exomagnetic) +960pwr <32>
    *The Voth Subspace tap is an incredibly advanced self perpetuating, compact power source. It works by drawing vacuum energy from subspace. The plasma generated by the Subspace Tap is very uniform, even more so than even QIC and/or transwarp coils. The Subspace Tap is the same size as the smallest warp cores but produces prodigious levels of power. The Voth also use a more advanced EPS system than most other races, which is capable of handling far more plasma flow.

Available power 4240 pwr

Cockpit <10>

Computer (1 core) Quantum +4 <12>
    beta uprating
    ODN <6>
    AI processor <2>

Nav deflector <8>

Sensors
    Long Range
    Type 8 hr6 ly lr 18ly +3 <64>
    class 10 10 str gamma gain
    Lateral (2ly range) class 12 12 str delta gain +4 <48>
    Navigational class 10 10 str gamma gain +3 <29>
    Sensor skill 6

Autopilot 4/4 <16>
    Nav Comp class 3 +2 <4>
    Nav Comp b'up class 3 +2 <4>

IDF (main) 2 <8>
    IDF (B'up) 2 <2>
    Attitude control <1>
    *manual steering column <1>
    *neurogenic interface <2>

Comms class 10 10 str sec rating -5 +2 <26>
    *emergency comms <1>

Tractor beam (2) alpha 5/6/8/11 <6>
    *one per arm

Transporter/displacement device<210>
    a combined type 22 personnel/type 18 cargo spatial trajector (can transport 2 personnel and 32mt in a single transport upto 10ly) e/t O coils 15 str, enhanced.
    *enhanced Transporters can effortless penetrate shields of any technology level below Voth level technology

Phasing Cloaking device (15) <53>
    *perfected phasing cloaking device, it does not give off any tachyon emissions or residual antiproton making the vessel completely undetectable. The mech can use its shields while cloaked, as well as allow the mech to drop the cloak protecting certain quadrants of the mech without decloaking the entire mech at once. Allows the mech to pass through matter and energy shielding.

Security systems (0) <->
    *anti intruder system <2>

Science systems (2) +1 12>
    no labs

TA/T/TS iota 15 str +5 <30>
    Weapon skill 6
    Auto destruct <2>

Tactical systems
    Arm Cannons (2) <126>
    *each arm is capable of 541+ degree movement <10>
    Pulsed phased antiproton beam array
    Dam 330 (ignores conventional shielding) Pwr 33/sht
    200 emitters 5 sht/rnd acc 3/4/6/8
    modes pulse, wide arc 360 degrees
    range (space) 10/35000/150000/400000km
    range (atmo) 1/35/150/400km

Point defense array (1) <54>
    *dorsal 'head'
    phased antiproton beam array
    Dam 240 (ignores conventional shielding) Pwr 24/sht
    modes standard arc 541+ degrees
    range (space) 10/35000/150000/400000km
    range (atmo) 1/35/150/400km

Micro Torpedo Launcher (2) high yield dual launcher <24>
    They capable of launching up to five torpedoes per second for up to two seconds, or launching ten torpedoes simultaneously.
    left and right 'shoulder'
    Spread 10 acc 3/4/6/8 arc self guided
    range 10/100,000/500,000/2m km
    Magazines
    (2) 200 phased micro graviton Torpedoes (dam 200, ignores conventional shielding) 400 <4>
    *the Voth use a high yield, micro graviton torpedo that is launched in a phased state (essentially cloaked, using their perfected phased cloaking technology) which has extended range (when compared to other micro torpedoes) and a yield equivalent to a Type II photon torpedo (18.5 isotons) and is capable of passing through matter and energy shielding.

*sensor jamming device (class 4 +12 diff) <50>

*splinter image device <10>

Shields (metaphasic, regenerative, temporal) <136>
    *forward and aft shield generators
    Prot 6000/9960
    Thres 1350
    Regen 90/rnd
    B'up shields (2) 1/shield <2>
    *with their massive power generation capabilities the Mech almost always runs their shields at max (9960) as standard.

gen class 10 prot 2000
    drid type e 66%
    dis amp class iota thres 450
    regen class8 90/rnd
    temporal enhancement

The Voth Dacentrus-class Exo-Suit Mech type Power Armour is among the most powerful single occupancy power armours ever to be developed. They are fully transwarp capable, equipped with powerful impulse engines as well as a long range spatial trajector that can transport the entire mech upto 10 ly almost instantly. Armament consists
    of 2 powerful pulsed phased antiproton cannons, a single point defense phased antiproton array and 2 dual tube micro torpedo launchers. Defenses are equally impressive, consisting of neutronium hull armour, metaphasic/regenerative shields, a perfected phasing cloak, sensor jammer and splint image device.

The mech usually travels via flight when in an atmosphere although will switch to walking or displacement as required.
    Last edited by WaveMan; 07-24-2017 at 12:43 AM.
    AKA-Dean

Looks good.

This is the Federation version. The Cyclops-class Mech Type Power Armour was an attempt by the Federation of reproduce the Voth Exosuits and improve upon the currently fielded Federation ground vehicle platform. The primary goal was to improve upon the capabilities and versatility of the Vendrel-class Phaser Tank, which was, as of the early 25th century the most powerful Federation ground vehicle fielded. While the Cyclops-class was found to be vastly inferior to any Voth Exosuit it was an improvement on any of the standard ground vehicles used by most races (in particular the aforementioned Vendrel-class, as well as the various disruptor tanks, attack skimmers and ground assault craft found on the battlefield)

while not perfect this is close to what I would think the Cyclops looks like

Size 3 (ground vehicle size 5)
    Height 6m
    Mass 32mt

Su available 1150
    (1 century of advancement, commissioning date 2409)
    Su used 1149

Land/Air mech chassis bipedal <30>
    Resistance (inner/outer) 12/2 <15>
    *dispersive hull armour class V(95%/600 dam) <24>
    *sensor reflective hull (+4 diff) <->
    *atmo, planet fall capability, submersive capability <9>
    The Mech is designed to operate in any type of environment, space, land or underwater.

SIF class IV 70/110 <24>
    SIF B'up 35 <12>

Crew/pass/evac 1/0/0

Basic LS (1 prw/rnd) <12>
    Reserve LS <6>
    Emergency LS <6>
    Gravity/anti grav generators (3) <26>
    The cockpit has artificial gravity, and the mech is equipped with 3 anti-grav generators allowing the mech to vary its apparent mass when planetside.
    Consumables 6 months worth <2>
    Replicators (food) <3>
    Replicators (industrial) <3>
    *replicators have been perfected, single bit errors have been eliminated and now have resolution to a quantum level. Only a tri-corder can tell the difference between replicated matter and 'real' matter. This allows basic life forms to be replicated such as plants, bacteria and algae. Strict protocols have been put in place which clearly defines 'basic lifeforms'. Wall mounted replicator terminals are no longer required, the crew member simply tells the computer where to deposit the food/item and it appears.

Medical facilities (1) +0 emk 6 <5>
    med kits only

Jefferies tubes at best/internal access panels <3>
    Fire suppression system <3>

Propulsion system
    Mechanized bipedal system <30>
    land speed 75/125/200km/hr
    Impulse engine (1) class V .8c/.95c [40pwr] <25>
    atmo speed 17,000/21,000/25,000km/hr
    Impulse thrusters (+1 flight control above .6c), class gamma acc package 100%<14>
    RCS <3>

Power core (2) micro QIC (1500+ cochrane combined) [600 pwr] <60>
    eps (isomagnetic) +300pwr <32>

Available power 640pwr

cockpit <15>

Computer (1 core) +2 <6>
    beta uprating <4>
    ODN <9>

Nav deflector <12>

Sensors
    Long Range
    Type 1 hr4 ly lr 10ly +1 <17>
    class 5 5 str alpha gain
    Lateral (1ly range) class 10 10 str gamma gain +3 <29>
    Navigational class 5 5 str alpha gain +1 <13>
    Sensor skill 5

Autopilot 4/3 <15>
    Nav Comp class 3 +2 <4>
    Nav Comp B'up(1) <1>

IDF (main) 2 <12>
    IDF (B'up) 2 <4>
    Attitude control <1>
    *manual steering column <1>
    *neurogenic interface <3>

Comms class 10 10 str sec rating -5 beta uprated +2 <26>
    *emergency comms <1>

Tractor beam (2) alpha 5/6/8/11 <6>
    *left and right 'arm'

Transporter (personnel) *enhanced <23>
    type 7 (50,000 km range) 2 pad class J e/t coils 10 str
    class J e/t coils 10 str
    *enhanced Transporters can effortless penetrate shields of any technology level below Federation 25th century
    Mass transporter (cargo) *enhanced <178>
    32 mt cargo type 3 (40,000km range)
    class J e/t coils 10 str
    *enhanced Transporters can effortless penetrate shields of any technology level below Federation 25th century

Security systems (0) <->
    *anti intruder system <3>

Science systems (1) +0 <8>

TA/T/TS zeta 12 str +4 <21>
    Weapon skill 5
    Auto destruct <3>

Tactical systems
    Arm Cannons (2) <162>
    *each arm is capable of 541+ degree movement <10>
    Pulsed type X phaser array
    Dam 250 Pwr 25/sht
    modes pulse, wide, advanced rotation arc 360 degrees
    range (space) 10/30000/100000/300000km
    range (atmo) 1/30/100/300km

shield draining weapon (reengineered borg tech)
    acc 5/6/8/11 dam 25% shield reduction/rnd
    *each arm is equipped with a pulse phaser, tractor beam and shield draining weapon

Point defense array type X phaser array <55>
    *dorsal 'head'
    Dam 200 Pwr 20/sht
    modes std, continuous, pulse, wide, advanced rotation arc 541+ degrees
    range (space) 10/30000/100000/300000km
    range (atmo) 1/30/100/300km

Micro Torpedo Launcher (2) dual launcher <22>
    They capable of launching up to five torpedoes per second for up to two seconds, or launching ten torpedoes simultaneously.
    left and right 'shoulder'
    Spread 10 acc 3/4/6/8 arc self guided
    range 1/100/500/2000 km

Magazines
    (2) 200 micro quantum Torpedoes (dam 100) 400 <4>

*sensor jamming device (class 2 +6 diff) <30>

Shields (metaphasic, regenerative) <98>
    *two shield grids, forward and aft
    Prot 3000/4500
    Thres 900
    Regen 20/rnd
    B'up shields (2) 1/shield <2>

gen class 5 prot 1000
    grid type c 50%
    dis amp class zeta thres 300
    regen class1 20/rnd

The Cyclops-class Mech (named for the large sensor pallet mounted in the center 'forehead' of the mech whichs looks like a large single eye) is a versatile and powerful single occupancy war machine. These mechs are only capable of high impulse speeds (.95c max speed in space, 25,000km/hr in an atmosphere), or move via mechanized bipedal locomotion, though they also have the ability to 'displace' (transport) itself up to 40,000km almost instantly.

The mech is equipped with anti-gravity generators allowing it to vary it's apparent mass while planetside, which allows them to traverse surfaces that would not otherwise support their mass.
    Last edited by WaveMan; 02-12-2018 at 09:55 PM.
    AKA-Dean