Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Orville

I tend to agree. While Disco has gone out of its way to eliminate anyone connected to Star Trek and especially anyone who's a Star Trek fan, Seth MacFarlane is unabashedly a fan with a capital F. Not only was Sanctuary a topical episode dealing with a contentious issue in modern society, it was a direct sequel to an earlier episode dealing with the ramifications of the earlier conclusions drawn about the issue. In Star Trek we rarely, if ever, got to see the long-term consequences of decisions made by the characters.

it certainly was on point and topical, dealing with current real life issues in a futuristic setting.

I love Orville but I do wish they would start to do more 'exploring' (they are an Explorer class vessel) episodes. Still early days and they might begin to introduce that sort of story arc.

Season 3 is tentative, but hopeful, from what I have read, ratings seem to indicate that Fox will pick up a third season.
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

Hulu

For the show's third season, The Orville is moving to Hulu.

‘The Orville’ to Move From Fox to Hulu for Season 3

Seth MacFarlane’s “The Orville” is on the move.

MacFarlane announced Saturday at the show’s San Diego Comic-Con panel that Season 3 of the sci-fi series will air exclusively on Hulu rather than on Fox as it has for its first two seasons.

According to an individual with knowledge of the situation, MacFarlane’s current workload and the length of time it takes to finish work on the show’s numerous special effects sequences would have meant that Season 3 would not have been ready for a midseason debut. New episodes are now expected to launch on Hulu at the end of 2020. The streamer currently has the first two seasons available to subscribers.
    I am mildly disappointed in this move. I would preferred that the show continue on Fox, ABC or even MyNetworkTV as I not ready for any streaming service. At least it sounded like Fox would have picked up the third season, but why not a summer season? Perhaps the cost.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Luckily, in Canada the Orville is still on Space, an extended basic cable channel. Like Discovery, we don't have to screw around with any shady fly-by-night subscription channels.

The shift in platform isn't even the worst part, the next episodes won't air until the end of 2020, more than a year delay could easily kill the series as the audience may move onto something else.
    "For to win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    Luckily, in Canada the Orville is still on Space, an extended basic cable channel. Like Discovery, we don't have to screw around with any shady fly-by-night subscription channels.
    Not sure how Hulu is one of the major US streaming services is "shady fly-by-night subscription channels." as at one time many of the major film studios owned a part, Universal (currently hold a stake with option to sell as a silent owner), Disney (controlling owner), Time Warner (sold stake to Disney) and Fox (its share acquired by Disney with most of 21st Century Fox).
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting