Thread: photobucket imploding

photobucket imploding

So what's everyone going to do who use photobucket? Are you willing to pay US$400/year for pic hosting service that used to be free?
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

instagram?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I am trying Imgur at the moment but had a bit of a problem with it (now sorted) when I first used it so was a bit dirty, but not as dirty as I am over the greed PB is showing. Looks like free pic hosting will go the way of the Dodo eventually.
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

Given the lack of social media connections w/ photobucket probably nobody was using it enough for the ad revenue to pay for itself.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Imgur is working at the moment, and to be honest seems better than photobucket anyway (not full of ads and constantly trying to redirect me away from the parent site) and is free (at the moment) so sticking with it.
    AKA-Dean

The annoying thing is Photobucket is still working on several other sites, and yet doesn't work here. I am not going to go through all my posts and replace the pics using Imgur.
    AKA-Dean

You gonna Asspierce-me, or just send me a dead Rat?
    Photobucket Sucks.
    "Always beware of anything said by a person with a smile." -Cronan-sama
    http://www.cronan-memorial.com

http://sites.google.com/site/memoryeta
    Initially Trek, but haphazard Archival Site, no need to make it a Wiki.

http://web.archive.org/web/200410151.../ssd/ssds.html
    Don Miller's SSDs for Star Fleet Battles are here, axing the URL past sfb takes you to the main site.