Thread: An open letter (please Read)

Exclamation An open letter (please Read)

An Open Letter to the World from a Neo-Redneck

I am a simple Man. I was born in Oklahoma so I am no stranger to Terrorism. I am well traveled USA as well as Europe and Asia. I am Educated with out collage degree, better watched {History channel and Discovery} than read it seems. I have held my tongue until I could understand my own feelings and thoughts. I want all to read and comment on what a simple Neo-Redneck has to say.

To All Americans;

I watched the buildings fall and burn with a heavy heart. I know all of us count the dead with baited breath. An evil has made us it’s target and struck deep into body of our country. They attacked both they we provide for our families and how we protect our homeland. They have made us fear in our own home. They have frightened both the young and old. They attempt to make us destroy our own freedom, to abandon our friends around the world and to ignore injustice for fear of the cost.

All Americans are now my Kin. Skin color, location, political party, age, background, and even religion, those things are irrelevant, if you love this country, you are my Brothers and Sisters. We are all bound not by blood but by both the tragedy of what has happened and the future cost of what we must do.

We are at War. Members of our family have been murdered. It is now time to mourn the dead and comfort the living. Soon my Family will take up a call to battle and we must be ready for the cost to protect our freedom as well as others. Our Parents and Grand Parents have done this, now the sword passes to us. Be ready my siblings it is both heavy in the weight on our soul as well as the blood we will shed and bleed while wielding that terrible swift sword.

To all Muslims and people of faith.

You believe in God. You believe he is infinite in both wisdom and in power. You believe he is both merciful and just. You believe there is a better world waiting for you after your death. You believe in both the great evil that is Satan and the greater good that is Allah. So do I. I feel in the deepest of hearts that Christians Jews and yes-even Muslims love the same God and He loves us all back.

I hold no hatred against you, quite the opposite. I know that a radical man has tried to do things in your name and I hope we all on both side see though his evil and lies. He has broken many of the laws of The Koran as I read them. He has tried to turn God loving and fearing peoples against each other. He plays upon our differences to keep us both separate and fearful of each other. Do not listen to his words my freinds, but watch his actions. He should be cast from your hearts, homes and countries. He is both a disgrace and affront to Allah.

A special note to my Muslim brothers and sisters in and of the USA. In my mind your belief in God makes special siblings. I hold your faith and your ability to practice that faith as sacred as I do my own. If you love this country, please I beg of you help us protect our common home. Wave the flag with me. Hold your head up high and sing the song of patriotic pride. I know your fear of ignorant and scared fellow countryman runs deep, but your best shield is the one made of red, white and blue. If you know anything that might be helpful to our country please let your brothers and sisters in the FBI know right now. This is our shared home. And we all bear the responsibility to protect it.

To our friends and allies

I have seen both the support and out pouring of sympathy from all over the world. Many of you have been our enemies in the past. Russia, Germany, Japan, Italy, Spain and even Great Britain have exchanged blood with us in battles and yet you all call us friend and have proved it once again. We Americans now know we are not alone in this world. NATO was formed so that we may be able to count on each other to protect Europe from the evil that was communism. It makes my heart sad that the sound of war once again fills our ears, but my heart leaps with joy knowing that NATO quickly moved shoulder to shoulder with us to head into battle.

All who stand with the USA are my cousins. You come from different Motherlands and Fatherlands, but the genetic code of Freedom and Justice runs though our veins making us family. We have a tough fight ahead my cousins, but it is one we will face together. If you have no stomach for the coming battle I understand, but lock your doors, keep your head down and pray for us who do the fighting. When this is all done and the War won, our sacred dead buried and evil opponents feeling the flames of their new home, please come to New York to celebrate in the shadow of the new buildings that will be the marvels of Manhattan

To Our Enemies

If you love anything or anyone move away from it as fast as you can. You have pushed your foul breath though the horn of War and it came out in Flames of Hate and Destruction. You slaughtered men, woman and children all in the name of God. You may believe he is with you, but you walked away from his teachings and soon you will understand the punishment of both righteous men and the angry God.

We thought that we could scare you off with the flick of a finger, we were wrong. You have hurt us, take joy in that, but do it quickly. I have no illusions that we will not be hurt again, either hunting you or your renewed attempts to cowardly attack our citizens. You believe us weak infidels. Watch us soon prove you wrong. We are ready for War. When you attack from the shadows at those who are helpless, you found it easy. When you see the eyes of our warriors know this, We have found you and sending you to Hell.

Thank all of you for reading this. I am a bit melodramatic, but I learned that from Shakespeare and a good Arab buddy of mine. I hope all off you understand what I have written and why I have written it. I truly believe what I have written here. Please comment and distribute if you care to. God bless you all and keep you safe in the coming days.

Warner Forth
    Neo-Redneck

[This message has been edited by warmon4 (edited 09-18-2001).]

Well said, brother. Well said.

------------------

<<<<

LUGTrek isn't really dead. Not as long as we remember it.

Wink

Thanks Sarge i am glad it reached at least one person.

I also present another open Letter to the Nation..
    Dear America,

In recent news Dr. Falwell was said to blame the millions of American
    Wiccans, Pagan, gays and lesbians. Though Dr. Falwell has said that these
    statements were not made as they were reported, the words are still out there,
    and their damage is done.

I am here to set the record straight.

I am Wiccan.

The United States Constitution guarantees my right to be Wiccan.

Wicca is a pagan religion. A legally recognized religion.

Our law, our Rede, states that we must, above all things Harm none. In all
    things that we do we must also remember the law of three, karma, cause and
    effect, or more commonly known as "what goes around comes around".

We live our laws, our religion..... every day.... not only on Sundays,
    Wednesday nights and holidays.

We are not always the nicest, most popular, or most gracious people, but the
    largest majority of us strive for these things every day that we live and breath.
    There are many people out there who claim to be among us, but truth be told,
    if they do not follow our laws, they are not Wiccan.

We are not a "Godless country". The horrible acts perpetrated by the faceless
    cowards to whom all of our anger and hatred belong , had nothing at all to do
    with God! God does not cause the hardships that we face in our lives.......we
    do. As humans, as men and women, we alone control our worlds.

Pagans, Witches, gays and lesbians no more caused this terrible deed to befall
    us than some have in their constant berating and denoting of anyone who
    does not believe exactly the way that they do.

Are we not facing the very same hatred in these attacks on our sacred soil?
    And for the same reason?

We have been quiet. We have been carefull. For we are not strangers to the
    persona that has been portrayed on the televison and in movies that we are
    children eating satan worshipers. We as Wiccans and Pagans are a nature
    loving group of an estimated 1 million strong in this country alone.

We do not have a devil.

We are not the characters from Fairy tales in story books.

No more than you are Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, or the Easter bunny that
    your children, for a time, believe that you are.

We are Americans. We are women, men, and children who speak with our
    Gods daily!

We do not ever try to subvert your parishoners. We do not witness door to
    door in the hopes of attaining members. We teach when implored to do so,
    for this is a serious committment, one not taken lightly. We do not canvas for
    new members. We are sought.

We do nothing to negate any other religion.

We would fight by your side to insure your right to practice your religion.

The people whom we have accepted into our great country, the muslims in
    particular, they are not to blame. There may yet be a small handfull of those
    who are to blame within our very borders, but they are not out working and
    walking the streets. They are in hiding. They can see the news, and they
    know we are turning upon our own families. They love it! They are sitting
    back in their hiding places and they are laughing at us.

Our own citizens are now being forced to hide, as well. Ignorance is bliss, but
    not for those who suffer at it's hand.

What are we doing? We are blaming each other. We are killing and hurting
    innocent people, and in the name of what?

Patriotism?

No. In the name of hatred.

We are directing our sorrow, our anger at the wrong people and we will atone
    for this. Each person who generates this hate, who perpetuates these hate
    crimes will answer to their God in time.

God wouldn't want this.

Do we also have a ghihad pact with our Gods? Do we ascend to a higher level
    of heaven if we hurt those who have come to us for shelter and opportunities
    that they could not even hope to receive elsewhere? No. And for those of you
    who have done these most unspeakable things, I feel sad for and because of
    you.

Though some may blame us. Even hate us...we will fight for them and for
    you. Give our very lives for your freedom. We are in the Armed Forces. In
    our Governments offices.

We are the healers, the caretakers of this beautiful planet, the recyclers, the
    tree planters, the garden tenders and the teachers.

We are America.

God is not gone...

God is here and seen in all things that live and breath.

I see God right here and now.

In closing....

On this, the eve of our most horrendous war, I beg of you, the American
    people, to put aside our differences and see only the human being standing in
    front of you, at your side or the one guarding your back, not who they pray
    to, or where they came from, or who their parents are. Just see your brothers
    and sisters and fight WITH them. Unite misspelled is UNTIE... and many of
    us are getting it wrong and doing just that.... and we are falling apart.

We, as Wiccans and Pagans, have suffered for every soul that has been lost
    to us since that terrifying moment when we learned of the treachery which
    has befallen all of us Americans.

We will be united only when we all unite as one. No race, crede, or religious
    preference can be taken into consideration or we are lost.

Then they win.

Zeyra Lunara

9-16-2001

------------------
    Jonathan Talbot.
    Medical Officer
    "First Away Team Mission... Beaming down to a Hostile Planet... Captain Kirk is leading the Away Team... I am wearing a red shirt... No Fear!!! Unknown Crew Member

Hey Jonathan

Not bad, if a bit long......

When I read what Falwell wrote, I couldn't believe it at first. Then I figured it sounded a bit typical of the old boy.

Far as I can tell, the hatred expressed by the right rev. Falwell is exactly the same emotion felt by Osama bin Ladin, backed by many of the same fears of modernism, science, and scantily clad women. Somehow I don't think Jerry needs to worry. Most of the scantily clad women I know will be happy to leave him with his virtue intact.

Well, I guess hatred and religious bigotry are the same, no matter who expresses them, and I am not at all inclined to tolerate it any more. When we get done with bin Ladin abroad, it may well be time to take care of the bin Ladins at home.

------------------
    Slan agat!

[This message has been edited by Aedh Rua (edited 09-18-2001).]