Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: List of Races Interested in seeing for the 2D20 system

List of Races Interested in seeing for the 2D20 system

I like where the 2D20 system has started, considering I am a LUG ICON fan through and through. I just have races that I would like to see discussed or shown in future 2D20 books. Below are the order of Priority I would place on the races.

Top Priorities (In my Opinion, partly for character conversions)
    Aenarian (Andorian offshoot)
    Axanarian
    Bolian
    Catian, Kzinti, or Sivaon (All Cat Species)
    Centaurian (Listed in previous Star Trek rpg's)
    Grazerite
    Zakdorn
    Zaldan

2nd Priorities
    Benzenites
    Bynarian
    Founders
    Gorn
    Orions
    Phylosian (Animated Series: Infinite Vulcan, Always liked the race)
    Q
    Tiburonian

3rd Priority
    Breen
    Nausicans
    Ocampan
    Talaxian (Neelix)
    Paklead
    Voth

Someone over on the Modiphius forums already converted a selection of additional races. Here they are compiled into a single file...

[EDIT: File updated with several additional races.]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RaconteurX; 09-08-2017 at 03:11 PM.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

-- Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy

Haven't had a chance to really bust open my pdf of the game so maybe it's in there, but I'd like to see some kind of mechanic to create new alien races/cultures as both potential characters and NPCs.

Nothing other than the examples given with the major adversary races (Cardassian, Ferengi, Klingon, and Romulan). In terms of mechanics, the formula is basically 'choose three attributes to receive a +1 modifier, give them <species name> as a trait and summarize what that means, and assign or create three suitable talents'. Greater detail is largely left to the individual gamemaster.
    “In our every deliberation, we must consider the impact of our decisions on the next seven generations.”

I don't think you're going to see Centaurans as a specific species. The position of canon since First Contact seems to be that the Centaurans are just humans fromn a colony world.

Allen

Where did Centaurans come from, anyway? Were they a Blish-ism?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    Where did Centaurans come from, anyway? Were they a Blish-ism?
    The Centaurans entered Star Trek lore due to the line which referred to Zefram Cochrane as Cochrane of Alpha Centauri in TOS's Metamorphosis. Many took this to mean Cochrane was from Alpha Centauri. Now we know he was from Earth and merely moved there, but the idea of Centaurans had germinated and become a race referenced in the Pocket Books novels, so the FantaSimulations team incorporated then into the Star Trek RPG they were writing for FASA. This was while Cochrane was still considered by Trek-dom to be a Centauran, as it was not established that he was an Earth-Human until First Contact came out. By then, Centaurans were firmly established in the Trek Apocrypha. Today, there are two camps on the Centauran question - A) they are an Earth colony and B) they are the result of Preserver transplantation. Well three, perhaps: C) they are a transplanted species who were colonised by Earth (probably a mission led by Cochrane) and interbred... I prefer the thirrd option and use it in my game. Dunno what version Modiphius will use, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    Today, there are two camps on the Centauran question - A) they are an Earth colony and B) they are the result of Preserver transplantation. Well three, perhaps: C) they are a transplanted species who were colonised by Earth (probably a mission led by Cochrane) and interbred... I prefer the thirrd option and use it in my game. Dunno what version Modiphius will use, though.
    I personally like option b and c equally. In my Last Unicorn Games - Star Trek, I treated them as the separate race/species and as the 5th "Founder Species" of the Federation. Although events in Star Trek: Enterprise (which came after LUG - Star Trek) also contradicts this fact. I do like that some of the Andorian material from LUG made it into Star Trek: Enterprise. Good Series in its own right. I still like my Centaurian's like they were in LUG.

The current Pocket novels continue to reference Alpha Centauri as an independent Human colony, IIRC, and as one of the founders of the UFP. They were recently and heavily referenced in a TNG novel (I want to say Losing the Peace), which I believe depicted the President of Alpha Centauri flirting with seceding in light of the Federation's pummeling by the Borg in the Destiny trilogy.
    chris "mac" mccarver
    world's angriest creative mind

Quote Originally Posted by Owen E Oulton View Post
    The Centaurans entered Star Trek lore due to the line which referred to Zefram Cochrane as Cochrane of Alpha Centauri in TOS's Metamorphosis. Many took this to mean Cochrane was from Alpha Centauri. Now we know he was from Earth and merely moved there
    So, wait, why did they assume he was an alien instead of a human colonist?
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

Just 'cause. Why do fanboys always insist their ships be humongous heavily armed battlewagons when "we come in peace (shoot to kill)"? 'Cause fanboys are Stoo-pid!

Quote Originally Posted by The Tatterdemalion King View Post
    So, wait, why did they assume he was an alien instead of a human colonist?
    You can blame the Star Fleet Technical Manual, that is where the notion first appeared. Its publication predates First Contact by more than two decades.

I can't see Schnaubelt, an admitted non-fan, coming up with it on his own. Since he originally wrote the Tech Manual for his daughter's fan club, I'll bet you dollars to donuts the notion came from the club members, perhaps even Karen herself. You could always go to her Facebook page and ask her. I'm sure she'd be happy to answer, as she's very proud of her Dad and always eager to set things straight.

Which thread on the modiphius forums was this located on?

I believe it's in a pinned thread in the STA forum called Resources on one of the more recent pages.
    chris "mac" mccarver
    world's angriest creative mind