Thread: A video on Androids and the problems asssociated

Lightbulb A video on Androids and the problems asssociated

A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

I'll watch later. The issue apart from the recognising of androids as sapient (when strong AI becomes a reality) will be when we develop human/computer interfacing and be able to download a human consciousness onto a neural net, and whether they will be recognised as still being 'human'.
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

Conversely, the ability to manipulate the brain through neural interfaces and the breakdown of the 'natural person' as a opaque unit will decohere the idea of 'human' long before anyone's successfully created a total simulacrum of a specific one in an inorganic medium.
    Portfolio | Blog Currently Running: Call of Cthulhu, Star Trek GUMSHOE Currently Playing: DramaSystem, Swords & Wizardry

I believe in the future (not that far off maybe 100-200 years) humans will have strong AI integrated into their organic brains (Encephalons) and we will need them just to stay current and be able to function in society. Strong AI will become both master and slave to humanity.
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.