Thread: LOTR Trailer

Post LOTR Trailer

Hey all!

Just saw the new LOTR-FOTR trailer last nite during the premiere of "Angel". Just wanted to get some reactions...

Me, I thought that it looked IN-****ING-CREDIBLE! This looks like it will be the most beautiful fantasy film ever made. I'm not worried about the script... we know that the story is pretty good. Everything looked perfect. Hobbiton, Rivendell, Moria, Mt. Doom... EVERYTHING!

And the casting! I mean, they keep telling us that they cast Ian McKellen as Gandalf. THEY LIED!!!!! No, they found the REAL GANDALF to play himself!!!!!! I mean, everyone looked perfect! (Yep, even Liv!)

I SO cannot wait for December!

Hugh... "That's MISTER Fanboy to you!"

------------------
    "We have engaged the Borg... ceremony at noon, reception following."

Thumbs up

All I have to say is

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 19 or thereabouts can't get here quick enough!

------------------
    Scientific Progress goes Boink?

Yeah but what was with that shot of Arwen standing between Frod and the Nazgul with a weapn drawn?

I mean don't get me wrong, she looked great as an elf (or is she a 3/4 elf as her dad in half-elven?)

But in the end I worry they are going to change the story to "up" the female chracter quotient...At elast they didn't do what was rumored and add her to the fellowship.

All in all though, I am very, very stoked

------------------
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Visit Star Trek:Lexington at;
    http://www.usslexington.net
    =-=-=-=-=-=

Yes, they did replace Glorfindel's stand at the river with Arwen. I also don't recall the "Frodo, Jump!" scene from the books. Word is, the Bomadil sequence isn't going to be in the movie as well.

They're also going back in and expanding scenes that were glossed over or not present in the book (Gandalf's capture by Saruman at Orthanc, flashbacks to the final battle with Sauron in the Second Age)

I can deal with this...all the changes that I've heard of seem to have been made for the sake of pacing the movie.

Talking

A friend of mine was on the press preview. Sounds like the Moria part is rewritten. But to the better for cinematic action. At least that is what my friend told me.

Can't wait until it is released. Will probably only see it 5-6 times. In december that is.