Here is something I thought that I would share with all of you. I would like to hear and see what others have come up with for space suits in spacedock. I see the space suit as a mini wearable version of a space craft protecting the occupant.

ENVIRONMENTAL SUIT AND-OR SPACE SUIT – PLUS THRUSTER PACK

I had never seen a spacedock version of the space suit and thought that this would be a good object to work up and when started I thought that the thruster pack would make a good addition. In doing this design I was surprised at how much in spacedock SU’s that a suit ate up in comparison to the shuttlepods or the Mercury space capsule I created years ago. You will note that the thrusters in the suit are lower in power as it has a very low speed in comparison to that of the regular thrusters. The suits have only two minutes of fuel and a maximum range of nine hundred kilometers round trip, yet longer in drift mode using the thrusters when needed. These can be used in the Abrams universe but I designed these off the one in the more common universe as we don’t usually go near these alternate time lines and I generate the ships into TOS versions when I see one that would fit the fleet. To make a standard space suit such as our modern astronaut would wear drop the Gravity shoes, RCS, computer, ODN, sensors, flight control and navigation computer and there you have it the space suit. This only drops your SU’s down to 34. Also drop the power generation down to three and that would drop the SU’s down to 28 but kick the weight up to do 45 kilograms as these twentieth century suits are thick bulky and heavy.

ENVIRONMENTAL SUIT – SPACE SUIT WITH THRUSTER CAPABILITY
Class and Type: Environmental suit – Space suit
Commissioning Date: 22nd – 23rd – 24th Centuries

Hull Systems
Size: 1
Length: 2 meters
Beams: 0.7 meters
Height: .5 meters
Decks: none
Mass: eight kilograms
SUs Available: up to 325
SUs Used: 43

Hull Outer <4>
Hull Inner <4>
Resistance Outer Hull: 0 <0>
Resistance Inner Hull: 0 <0>

Structural Integrity field - none

PERSONNEL SYSTEMS
Crew/Passengers/Evac: 1/1 (with second suit and umbilical connection)/0
Crew Quarters - none

Environmental Systems
Basic Life Support [1 Power/round] <4>
Gravity shoes [1 Power/round] <1>
Consumable: one day’s worth <1>
Cargo hold: .01 cubic meters <1>
Locations: pockets

Propulsion Systems
Reaction Control System (.00025c (75 kilometers per second)) [1 Power/ round when in use] <1>

Power Systems
Power cell: Standard small portable battery system (generates 15 Power/round (for 24 hours constant power)) <8>
EPS: Standard Power flow, +0 Power transfer/round <5>
Standard Usable Power: 15

Operations systems
Bridge: none <5>

Computers
Core: [5 Power/round] <2>
ODN <3>

Sensor Systems

Lateral Sensors [5 Power/round] <2>
Strength Package: Class 1 (strength 1)
Gain Package: standard (+0)
Coverage: standard

Sensor Skill: 2

Flight Control Systems
Autopilot: Shipboard systems (flight control) 0, Coordination 0 [1 Power/round in use] <0>

Navigational Computer
Main: Class 1 (+0) [0 Power/round] <0>

Communications Systems
Type: Class 1 [2 Power/round] <2>
Strength: 1
Security: -0
Emergency Communications: [2 Power/round] <1>

Tactical Systems - none

Shields - none

Auxiliary Spacecraft systems
Shuttlebay(s): none

--------------------------------------------------

Thruster Packs

The thruster pack is basically a chair with a rocket motor on the back allowing the pilot to control his flight manually traveling at several thousand kilometers per second. This differs from the space suit as the suit thrusters only allow it to travel at 75 kps. Each pack has ten minutes of fuel and can be expended in one long thrust or many small thrusts. We saw Mister Spock to fire the thruster on his chair for a minute before he discarded it, kind-of wasteful don’t you think. You can adjust the fuel to whatever you want or need for your adventure.

THRUSTER PACK
Class and Type: Thruster pack
Commissioning Date: 22nd – 23rd – 24th Centuries

Hull Systems
Size: 1
Length: 1 meter
Beams: 0.8 meters
Height: .5 meters
Decks: none
Mass: 10 kilograms
SUs Available: up to 325
SUs Used: 69

Hull Outer <4>
Hull Inner <4>
Resistance Outer Hull: 0 <0>
Resistance Inner Hull: 0 <0>

Structural Integrity field - none

PERSONNEL SYSTEMS
Crew/Passengers/Evac: 1/0/0
Crew Quarters - none

Environmental Systems
Consumable: three day’s worth <1>

Propulsion Systems
Reaction Control System (.025c) [2 Power/ round when in use] <1>

Power Systems
Power cell: three Standard small portable battery system (generates 15 Power/round (for 24 hours constant power per cell (longer if using minimal power))) <8 x 3 = 34>
EPS: Standard Power flow, + Power transfer/round <5>
Standard Usable Power: 15

Operations systems
Bridge: none <5>

Computers
Core: [5 Power/round] <2>
ODN <3>

Sensor Systems - none

Flight Control Systems
Autopilot: Shipboard systems (flight control) 1, Coordination 0 [1 Power/round in use] <3>

Navigational Computer
Main: Class 1 (+0) [0 Power/round] <0>

Communications Systems
Type: Class 1 [2 Power/round] <2>
Strength: 1
Security: -0

Tactical Systems - none

Shields - none

Auxiliary Spacecraft systems
Shuttlebay(s): none