Thread: Need A Hand

Need A Hand

Hey there. It's ONLY been six years...how you all doing?

I need a hand. To this DAY I'm still pestered by incorrect Wiki entires and such that show the incorrect authors for "Starships"; it should be Dave Biggins & myself. I'd like to edit/correct said entires, but I'd feel better if I could link to the offical "correction" by Jess Heinig? The only one I can find is in "Aliens"; I'm uncertain if any public comment was made. I'd like to edit those entries once and for all. Can anyone lend their Google-Fu?

And if you ever want to hear how my conversations with Modiphius went...well, buy me a Romulan Ale sometime.
    Mass Effect Fate RPG | "Mass Effect meets Fate meets awesome = FREE"
    Contributor, Gnome Stew
    "In every revolution, there's one man with a pizza."
    Star Trek (TOS) "Pizza, Pizza" (Second season), story by D.S.McBride

Don: I cannot say how wonderful it is to see you back here, in the cradle of your creation. Just getting your basic fill-in on what's been happening the last half-dozen years would fill a couple of threads in and of itself, and we'll have to hold that off for another time. Nevertheless, I am very pleased to acknowledge your presence on site, and will see if anything can be initiated with regard to your request.

As a - very quick - point, my Crew and I have been wrapped up with Star Trek Adventures for a little over a year now, and are enjoying the living heck out it. Yes, the narrative-driven nature of the game does unquestionably put more responsibility and weight on both the GM and the players to manage and balance the game - I can confirm this from repeated personal experience - but, presuming the gang is prepared to handle the requisites, we've emerged from our games convinced that this is moving in a direction we can definitely handle.

Back to your point, I don't know if Decipher itself would be prepared to release anything online that would validate your point; from the idle-curiosity ganders I've taken at their site, they seem to be locked in a Botany Bay-style corporate suspended animation that there's been no indicated emergence from.

If there are any other points of acknowledgement regarding Starships' actual writers, and I manage to locate it in the next couple of days, I'll let you know. Meanwhile, all best wishes, confidences and hopes from the gang here, and hoping that the family is carrying on as well as ever - just wondering, how in the heck old is your daughter now? Is she playing/GMing RPGs yet? - and hope to hear more from you soon.

Don - hoping you're still checking on this. From the brief examinations I've done, pretty much every online source seems to give the incorrect authors list that was on the Starships credits page, with no errata listed for such. However, there is an online copy of Aliens, which does have the correction noted on the credits page. Link is included below; I will keep doing a search and see if anyone does actually list Starships, per se, with the amended credits included.

Hope this bit helps. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3501...-Book-5-Aliens

Don, so great to see you here after all those years!
    Can't really help with your question, though, but wanted to say 'hi' and shoot you a friendly 'how have you been?'.

I'd be very interested in those Romulan Ale stories about Modiphius and you.
    I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig.
    You get dirty and besides, the pig likes it.

George Bernard Shaw