Thread: Are diets effective for losing weight?

Are diets effective for losing weight?

Diets are something that I want to start with for losing weight. The ones who tried them, are they effective? Are some types of diet more effective than the others?

The most effective diet is not to eat flour and sweet foods

all diets have a 90%+ failure rate mate in the long term, from the literature I have seen. Just about all diets are fads and not worth your time.

When you see the 5 year and 10 year studies the recidivism rates are very high (in excess of 90%) as you body always wants to return to the higher weight and almost none of the diets address the underlying issues of why you are overeating, eating the wrong foods and not exercising enough.

You must address those issues first before any eating plan (I hate the idea of a 'diet') can have any chance of success.

The recipe for weight loss is a simple, you have to burn off more calories than you take in.

A balance eating plan and moderate exercise is the key to a healthy life style.

I suggest spending the money and going and seeing a dietitian in conjunction with your GP and have a full work up done.

Get a plan in place and try to stick with it.

If anyone thinks I don't know what I am talking about I lost 70kgs recently, but I had to do it through gastric sleeve surgery (where they remove 90% of your stomach) I am 3 years post-op and now the fittest and healthiest I have been in in a decade.
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

I think that all diets are effective for weight loss, but many people get better not because of diets, but because they can't get off it correctly. But also with the help of diets, you can very much worsen your health. When I went on a buckwheat diet, I just disfigured my appearance. My hair fell out in clumps, my nails peeled off, my teeth turned yellow, there were puffiness under my eyes and a lot of other unpleasant consequences. And I lost weight normally only thanks to the Noom diet. Here you can find the Noom reviews.
    Last edited by Andraham; 09-24-2020 at 03:19 AM.

Diet

Diets are definitely effective. But most people think that after completing the diet, nothing else needs to be done. I'll tell you what helped me.
    First: a rigid diet for a month.
    Remove sugar, flour, fried, and any seasonings (including salt) from the diet.
    Replace sweets with a little fruit.
    Jogging with intense acceleration 5-6 days a week. No alcohol.
    Approximate: Water in the morning, jogging, shower, salad with boiled fish or chicken breast, tea without sugar (no coffee)
    Lunch: unleavened porridge, salad, again a piece of chicken or fish, orange or grapefruit.
    In the evening, salad, boiled meat, and tea.
    Snacks can be done, but nothing sweet, starchy, or fried.
    Drink as much water as you need
    -25 lb for a month.
    At the end of a tough month, switch to a balanced diet, and moderate exercise.