Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: starship counters

SIR SIG,
    D'oh!. Sorry about that. I'll have to get the password up for everyone. The counter is on a firend's Yahoo site at the moment, so I'll have to contact him. Will have this fixed sometime today.

Cochran, Georgia, USA, Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy

So far I have ten Federation ship classes, 4 Klingon classes, 3 Cardassian classes, 1 Romulan class, and 2 Jem'Hadar classes.I'm putting them on at 75 dpi, that about 50 ships to a page, so far I've laid out the Federation ship, 3 each, and have used a little over half a page. Haven't laid out the hexes yet. But you could just cut them out. I have a finished version of bigger counters but's it's for Printmaster 8.

------------------
    "Retreat?! Hell, we just got here!"

Ok folks, the Akira counter should be acessable now. Resident techical guru messed up and originally put the counter in his pirvate folder rather than in the public one. THe situation has been resolved. If it happens again I'll buy him the Shatner albulm.

Re: Akira Counter

Nice !!

Long Tom

I have a rough counter sheet set up, it has 57 ships on it, 3 each of every ship I had. They are all in color the file is 98k. Does anyone want a copy to look at? There are no hexes on these. I intended to cut them out and use them to help my players to visualize the relative positions and heading of the ships in the game.

------------------

Exclamation

I've put up one of my counter sheets of Federation ships. The file is 1.72 Meg, compressed, and is devoted to Starfleet vessels. I believe it is set to the same scale as the FASA ships. Hopefully no one has any problems with my selections. If someone has any problems with a particular counter just left me know and I'll remove it.

I'll try to get the other ships formatted for easy download.

Also, I'll try to get something up at a small er scale for those who are using 1/2 inch hex maps.

Question

Have never heard of these counters before this post: how do they play as against ship mini's? I have a complete set of Micro-Machines we use. Which would be prefered, the SC/MM?

Counters are cheaper. You don't have to worry about breaking them, tearing maybe, but not breaking them.

------------------

Very Nice!

Although the snob in me would wish for a higher resolution

------------------
    SIRSIG
    AKA: SirPostalot
    AKA: The MapMaker
    AKA: The Trek Cartographer
    AKA:...Well I could keep going forever

I’d like to request that all previous forums on counters/miniatures be linked to here. The reason I request this is because I was looking for a previous forum which had a link to a website with scans of counters from Fasa’s Trek Battle Simulation, but I can’t find it now. Any ideas where it’d be?

------------------
    ...and that's about the time it hit the fan...

Tonyg, your Federation Fleet counters rock. Thanks for posting them. I just hope my printer's ink cartrige holds out long enough for me to print them.

Dexter,
    Hope your ink cartridge holds out. I'm going to try and get a sheet of non-Federation counters up to help finish off your ink cartridge.

Tonyg,
    I would definately like to see some non- Federation ship counters. I look foward to seeing them. Thanks

hey TonyG

Just wanted to thank you for the counters and I'm looking forward to the new set your making

------------------
    Korga =/\=

I'm Drunk of Borg Resistance is Floortile.

Put some more counters up on the site. The federation sheet now includes the NX-01 Enterprise, which has also been put up separately.

An Alien Fleets sheet has been put up to give all those Fed ships omething to shoot at. While it only fills up about half the counters on the page, the sheet does include the following ships:

Klingon: B'rel, K'Vort, Vor'Cha, Negh'Var, D7
    Romulan: TOS Bird of Prey, D'Deridex Warbird
    Ferengi: D'Kora Maurader
    Cardassian: Freighter, Galor, Fighter
    Dominion: Attack Ship, Battleship

I'm going over my counter sheets to see what else I can add. It takes some time becuase I'm going through several different versions of ships and breaking up sheets of counters, or modifing the counters as they had been customized for my own campaign or for a space combat game that I was doing when I first made the counters.

[This message has been edited by tonyg (edited 08-03-2001).]