Thread: Steve I gotta question

Question Steve I gotta question

Sir:

I have a question...i was wondering if you were going to make a Starhip construction sheet to go along with this book...or if you allready have one please send?

PS: Thank you and your crew for making the book so quickly it Rocks!!!!!

------------------
    Korga =/\=

I'm Drunk of Borg Resistance is Floortile.

I've already got that form done. And a bunch of others -- something like 50 pages' worth of various forms and game aids.

Don has the basic files -- in MS Publisher -- and will post 'em as soon as he has the time to PDF-ify them, I'm sure.

Steve Long

I also have a question.

In the tactical section, you list a type X phaser doing 200 damage when the core books ssay it does only 20. I notice this problem for all the weapons (disruptors, torpedoes).

Is this SpaceDock your version or is it LUGs version?

Originally posted by Darth Worr:
    In the tactical section, you list a type X phaser doing 200 damage when the core books ssay it does only 20. I notice this problem for all the weapons (disruptors, torpedoes).
    Steve had previously noted long time passing, D.W., that one of the changes in S.D. was a change in the damage scale. Things get jacked up by a factor of 10, which means that your ship's resistance and Armor and shields are likewise increased in scale. Bear in mind that most ships in LUGTrek 'basic' system have a Resistance of 4-5 ... in Spacedock, you can have as much as 10, not to mention Ablative Armor of up to 1500 pts value.

BJ

Originally posted by Darth Worr:
    I also have a question.

It's not a "problem" at all. It's a feature of the new, advanced rules. I can't do advanced rules covering all the necessary situations, permutations, and details that a full-blown starship combat entails with a dinky ol' 1-20 type of scale. I need a lot more granularity than that, so I pretty much upped things by a factor of 10 across the board. This allows for a lot more flexibility in the creation and use of ship systems, etc.

Is this SpaceDock your version or is it LUGs version?
    Well, it's the version that I, as a LUG employee, wrote as part of my job. However, if LUG had ever published it, it would have been much shorter and less detailed. So, in a sense, it's both.

Steve Long