Thread: Welcome!

Post Welcome!

Howdy, folks!

As you can tell from the fact that Don's created this new area, we're closing in on having SPACEDOCK available for you. The SHIP RECOGNITION MANUAL and DOMINION WAR SOURCEBOOK will follow soon thereafter, once Don has a chance to catch up on his sleep.

This area is for comment on, and discussion of, SPACEDOCK-related issues -- rules questions, ship designs, new technology, you name it. That way we don't clog the regular boards and annoy people who have no interest in such things.

So, if you've got any questions or thoughts, post away!

Steve Long

Question

My main problem once upon a time was finding alternative starbsa designs. Will this new area cover possible new base designs as well?

------------------
    Loic is not the end...

Well, speaking as the person designated as the area's admin, I'd say that *anything* designed using the SPACEDOCK rules, including space stations, is relevant for posting here. After all, I contemplate using the SD rules as a basis for advanced station construction rules and all kinds of other things.

Once we get enough variation in the subjects and postings, maybe I can hit Don up for a new "category," like DUNE or the fan sourcebooks projects area, so that I can organized the posts by sub-categories.

(As a complete aside, I am very impressed that we have someone posting from *Turkey.* Very cool. I wish I knew something to say in Turkish other than, "Muaf tutmak" [assuming I even spelled that correctly ].)

Steve Long

[This message has been edited by Steve Long (edited 11-29-2000).]

Talking

Steve, Don..

I think I speak for everyone when I say we're mighty glad to be here.

------------------
    Anomaly

Anomaly TrekMUX: http://anomaly.mybis.com

I for one, can't wait, if for no other reason than to see all the new stuff I need to add to my current ship design.

And just when I thought I was finally finished with it, too...

Greg

------------------
    aka Lt. Commander James D. Pierce, Strategic Operations Officer for the USS Venture (at least in Dan's PBEM game)

Awaiting your release with baited breath Steve..

Karg

Engineer (in real life) and fellow starship junkie

Thumbs up

Quick question, Steve, I'm not sure if it's been asked before...

Have you created stats for Babylon 5 yet?

Just curious.

LQ

------------------
    "No one controls me. I'm uncontrollable. The only one who can control me is me... and that's just barely possible!" -John Lennon

I worked for Section 31 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!

Cool

Heheh B5 Stats

Ponders

Whoa! Is that a link to download SPACEDOCK!

B5 stats -- no, not yet, afraid not.

I wouldn't mind coming up with B5 ship rules -- I did some writing for the B5 RPG that never got published, I'm sad to say. But first I'd have to have a library of all the episodes (I have some, but by no means all), and then I'd have to watch 'em all.

Steve Long

I know this is off topic, but there was a B5 RPG that never even got published? Too bad, considering things didn't go so well for Chameleon Eclectic's foray into B5 roleplaying.

Livonia, Michigan, US; Holder of the Steve Long Pink Elephant for SRM Volume 2: The Cardassian Empire Testreading

If I ever get done with my stuff, I'll work on the B5 stats... I have all but 7 episodes - soon to get 6 of them, and the first one I've seen, and is bad. ("TKO", for those who care.)

That may take a while, though. But, if someone else starts the project, I'll be glad to add what I can.

------------------
    This is our last, best hope for peace? We are so screwed.

Originally posted by ranger1:
    I know this is off topic, but there was a B5 RPG that never even got published? Too bad, considering things didn't go so well for Chameleon Eclectic's foray into B5 roleplaying.
    No, no, Ranger, the CEE game is the one I'm referring to -- not some new one. I wrote some material for a couple of CEE supplements that were never published, that's all.

Steve Long

Talking

Steve-

The CEE B5 game was a little - funky. The die rolling conventions were broken. Other than that, I'dve liked to see your work. So far it has been exemplary! SD rocks! Now off to design the USS Ark Angel- Intrepid variant with Marine transport capacity...

CMDR Jeffrey A. Webb
    CO, Shuttle Ark Angel
    Starfleet, International

Well, I had nothing to do with designing the B5 game or rules -- all I ever did was write some source material for it. If I wrote it, it would probably be different (not necessarily better, though I'd like to think so). Rules issues aside, it's a shame the game wasn't able to succeed.

Steve Long

Lightbulb

Though this is getting a bit off thread, Agents of Gaming (AOG)has the Babylon 5 starship combat rights with their fine systems, Babylon 5 Wars and Babylon 5 Fleet Action. I play 'em both... nice... miniatures are available as well, but not required.