Thread: Rules Question -- Computer Upgrades

Post Rules Question -- Computer Upgrades

OK, folks, I knew this moment was going to come sooner or later -- I was just hoping it wasn't going to be so soon.

Time for me to whip out the ol' towel and wipe the egg off my face. I just found the first major error, thanks to something Rick LaRue said in one of his e-mails regarding his spreadsheet (a nifty li'l thing you should ask him for a copy of).

The text on page 47 says you only have to pay for a computer upgrade once for all computer cores on the ship. You'll note the Defiant follows that rule, but the Galaxy does not -- it pays for an upgrade for each computer.

The text on page 47, and the Defiant, are wrong. The Galaxy is right. You should pay for an upgrade for each computer core. I forgot to change that in the text, and in a number of ship templates.

I'll make sure that all the SHIP RECOGNITION MANUAL templates reflect the correct cost.

Mea culpa. I hope this won't cause any of you too many problems.

Steve Long

Originally posted by Steve Long:

The text on page 47, and the Defiant, are wrong. The Galaxy is right. You should pay for an upgrade for each computer core. I forgot to change that in the text, and in a number of ship templates.
    But you are not required to buy upgrades, right? I mean, I can just buy a computer core without updates.

------------------
    "As long as you can laugh, you are not
    defeated."

–- Jack Vance

That's correct, Fred -- upgrades are never required. You can buy ordinary, un-upgraded computer cores and do just fine (as witness the Vor'cha in the back of SPACEDOCK).

Steve Long