Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks

Gee, Steve... you're swell.

Thumbs up

All I can say is..THIS BOOK ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Well...I've worked my way through about 1/3 of the book so far...and I can only say two things:

1)This book rocks harder than Kirk in a room full of drunken, green-skinned women who have a fetish for toupee-wearing Canadian starship Captains...

And

2)Big numbers make Greg's head hurt...me head go boom-boom when me read ship numbers!

Seriously though...it's really cool, and I'm having fun reading it. it's nice to get some new Trek stuff!

Thanks again!

Greg...who is secretly planning on adding a transwarp drive, or something else really cool, to his newest ship design!

[This message has been edited by Greg Davis (edited 11-30-2000).]

Talking

Originally posted by Dr. Jonas Bashir:
    Having downloaded the whole thing, and trusting in the excellent quality of its contents, let me be the first (and maybe the only) South American to say:
    Sorry, Jonas. You may have beaten me in time, but I'm not going to let you get exclusivity.

Steve,
    Obrigado! Thanks! Danke! Gracias! Grazzi! Arigato!

Err... So, when can we expect a Ship recognition Manual or a Dominion War sourcebook?

------------------
    "As long as you can
    laugh, you are not
    defeated."

–- Jack Vanc

Steve. What can I say that no one here has already said before? We all love you. You are truly a hero. Keep up the good work. Yadda, yadda, yadda. You get the point.

I just got done looking at this work of art and Wow!

As I was reading, it felt like I hacked pay-per-view or something. What quality!

Thanks a lot Steve. I've been dying to post some of my designs since the playtest. When I thought this was going to be unavailable forever, I just about exploded.

I'll need a few days to adapt any changes, but I have a pretty darn cool Excel spreadsheet setup to design starships very quickly. I'll post something here when I've brought it up to date.

Rick

Talking

Two words: OH GOODIE!

I have been waiting for this thing for a LONG LONG TIME.

Steve, sir, I think the opinion is unanimous...

YOU RULE.

------------------
    Can I have some Amy Jo Johnson, mama?

"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
    darkwingone@hotmail.com
    gameshowman@winning.com

Cool

Steve

After downloading and a brief flick, I seem to have ascended to some sort of Starship Designer Nirvana. That would appear to make you the Starship Buddha... Add my kudos to the ones above, for both you, Don, and whoever else has been involved in this - from what I've seen so far, this book is a match in quality of content, layout and presentation of anything LUG produced. Gentlemen, you have my unbounded gratitude and admiration.

Of course, this has now set an unreasonable standard for what we demanding fans will expect of The Ship Recognition Manual, Dominion War Sourcebook, Voyager Sourcebook,, etc...

LQ - you'd better get to work...

------------------
    "...and no, I don't play the bagpipes either!"

Thumbs up

Thank you Steve and Don for all the work you did to get SPACEDOCK to us. It is an absolutely wonderful sourcebook which I will begin using immediately.

------------------
    Keith Garrett
    Content Editor, TrekRPGNet
    http://www.trekrpg.net

Fred writes:

**Sorry, Jonas. You may have beaten me in time, but I'm not going to let you get exclusivity.**

Wait a minute -- we've got South Americans on here? No one from South America was supposed to get this manuscript!

Just kidding, of course. I'm constantly amazed by the geographic diversity displayed on this board. I'm also a bit ashamed of how well you two speak English, since hablo un muy poco Espanol and I can't say *anything* in Portuguese except "Bom dia." I feel so provincial....

Steve Long

Err... So, when can we expect a Ship recognition Manual or a Dominion War sourcebook?[/B]
    I knew someone would ask.

Hopefully, these won't take too long. Now that Don's figured out a format for the Starship Templates, it shouldn't take him too much time (relatively speaking) to do the SRM. And the DWS, which has almost no tables or sidebars compared to SD, will be a cakewalk for him, comparatively. So, in the not too distant future -- after Don sleeps for a while.

Steve Long
    Bodhisattva of Starships

[This message has been edited by Steve Long (edited 12-01-2000).]

I'll need a few days to adapt any changes, but I have a pretty darn cool Excel spreadsheet setup to design starships very quickly. I'll post something here when I've brought it up to date.
    Glad to hear it, Rick! There's plenty of stuff you'll have to add, and more than a few changes to make, but I'm sure it won't take you too long. It's always good to have gamer aids like spreadsheets to make things go easier.

Steve Long

Thanks so much for all the kind words, folks! I really appreciate it, and I know Don "Layout God" Mappin does, too. I hope you continue to enjoy the book as you delve deeper into it.

Steve Long

I just realized I was incredibly rude, above. I also want to extend my thanks to Don, Cindi, and everyone else who was involved in saving this project from the pit of eternal damnation.

Thanks to everyone!

--G