Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks

Red face

Ditto that from me!

Don deserves a big "Holy *&#%ing Hell Yeah!" for his service to the Trek gaming community. Dashing Don, if you are ever in Toronto and need a chauffeur, just let the Queegster know!

LQ

------------------
    "No one controls me. I'm uncontrollable. The only one who can control me is me... and that's just barely possible!" -John Lennon

Cool

I was going to write a big speech about how I was playtetser and blah, blah, blah when I just realized I could serve the same pupose less annoyingly by just saying the following:

Don, Steve, thank you, from the bottom of my heart. It was a long time coming but more than worth the wait.

------------------
    Doug Burke

McCoy: "You're taking me to the promised land?"
    Kirk: "That's what you get for missing staff meetings, Doctor."

<Stands and applauds loudly>

Great job! It's obvious that you guys are going to do the same sorts of things for Star Trek gaming that the free software community did for Linux and sound programming practice! Keep up the good work.

------------------
    "Any society which is willing to surrender essential liberties in order to gain security, shall in the end have neither."

Steve,
    I offer my most humble thanks at all the sterling work you and your associates in producing this most excellent work.
    The funny thing is I have only just finished reading Spacedock while at same time watching Star Trek IX on cable TV, how's that for coincidence. Maybe the gods are smiling on us and on the Star Trek RPG.
    I am looking forward in particular to the Starship Recognition Manual and the Dominion War Book with extremely bated breath.

------------------
    "Those Klingons are up to something, I can feel it in my bones"
    Cmmdr JT Wayland
    Strategic Operations Officer, Starbase 415, Dragomer Sector, Klingon Border, 2372

Steve,
    I offer my most humble thanks at all the sterling work you and your associates in producing this most excellent work.
    The funny thing is I have only just finished reading Spacedock while at same time watching Star Trek IX on cable TV, how's that for coincidence. Maybe the gods are smiling on us and on the Star Trek RPG.
    I am looking forward in particular to the Starship Recognition Manual and the Dominion War Book with extremely bated breath.

------------------
    "Those Klingons are up to something, I can feel it in my bones"
    Cmmdr JT Wayland
    Strategic Operations Officer, Starbase 415, Dragomer Sector, Klingon Border, 2372

Melbourne, Australia. Winner of the First Trek Survivor Trivia Show, and Bearer of the Steve Long Pink Elephant Stamp of Learning. :)

What can I say that hasn't already been said?

What a fantastic effort Steve, Don, Cindi, and everyone else involved has gone to to get this product out to us, the poor mug fans.

I can't wait to spring this on my players. All I gotta do now is finish downloading it...

Once again, great work guys - from the Australian contingent.

------------------
    In spite of the cost of living, have you noticed how popular it remains?

Livonia, Michigan, US; Holder of the Steve Long Pink Elephant for SRM Volume 2: The Cardassian Empire Testreading

Steve:

Keep up the good work. And, FYI, it's "hablo solo un poco español".

------------------
    This is our last, best hope for peace? We are so screwed.

Talking

Wow! I just downloaded it this evening!

Steve: This is incredible! I mean, my God! This goes way beyond building starships and starship combat! I've just done a quick scan and I think you probably created rules for every possible incident that occured in any episode. You probably have the stats for a 23rd century kitchen sink buried in there somewhere too!

Don: You've made this more than a web page. Your continuing selfless efforts have made this possible. Thank you and I hope that you haven't gone prematurely gray, yet!

Thank you both and thaks to everyoine who worked on this!

My underlings and myself thank the two of you for all the hard work putting this together. An thank goodness for DSL. Without it, downloading would have gone to the wee hours in the morning.

------------------
    Later Days

Talking

Oh My!

I've only skimmed over it a bit so far, but I can already tell that this is great stuff.

It definitely ranks up there with Mekton Z+, and seeing as I consider Z+ to be the greatest RPG techbook ever made, that's good company.

*tosses his FASA Starship Construction Manual to the side and dives into Spacedock*

Thanks Steve. You da man.

------------------
    Gabriel Alexander Vampyre

I have downloaded the file, skimmed through it, and all I can say is "Impressive...most impressive"(=)

Thank you Steve and Don, it is appreciated!
    ---------------------------------------------
    "Across the Empire, darkness falls, and there is no promise of dawn..." - Anvil of Despair

Talking

I just dont know the words!! But thanks!!

Red face

Oops! I'm sorry. I failed to sau thanks to don and the rest of the group involved in putting Spacedock on the air. Thanks, guys and gal!

------------------
    "As long as you can
    laugh, you are not
    defeated."

–- Jack Vanc

Thumbs up

Thanks to everyone who made this possible. Its a fantastic piece of work. Like another member said: Thank god for DSL 2min 16sec

Originally posted by Dave Biggins:
    I've just done a quick scan and I think you probably created rules for every possible incident that occured in any episode.
    That was certainly my intention. However, I can't guarantee I succeeded, since there are a few episodes -- some TNG ones -- that I've never seen, and others I haven't seen in years. (Alas, that it's not in syndication around here.)

And of course, with every new VOY episode the book becomes more and more incomplete! I take notes every episode, entering new material into my files and then writing up new rules in my master manuscript (I differentiate new material with a new font color). When I have enough bits 'n' pieces, I'll post 'em here for review and comment. And, of course, anyone else can do the same with his or her own new maneuvers, ships, rules, etc.

Steve Long

[This message has been edited by Steve Long (edited 12-01-2000).]