Thread: Starship Skeletal Structure

Post Starship Skeletal Structure

Under the Hull Components section, it lists the SU costs for Inner and Outer hulls. It then goes on to say that you must also buy the internal "skeleton" of the ship. This makes sense, however the Defiant stats at the rear of the text don't appear to pay this cost (4SU x Size). Haven't checked if the Galaxy and Vor'cha stats are the same. Which is correct?

------------------
    "We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

"Mr.Kalor, give them a full spread of Quantum Torpedoes - let's see if they're right on that last point"
    Captain Matt Hunter, USS Tempest NCC-81205.

Hunter:

The 4xSize SU cost covers the hull plus the skeletal structure, you don't buy them seperately. That's true for both Inner & Outer hulls.

AFAIK

Swampy

The text says that you have to buy an outer hull and an inner hull. It also says that the inner hull attaches to the secondary part of the skeletal structure, and the outer hull to the primary part. The cost of the skeleton is part of the outer and inner hull costs; you don't pay for it separately.

I'll see about clarifying this in future editions.

Steve Long

Thanks Steve - it just threw me that it was listed in its own separate section.

By the way, I feel I should apologize - looking back at my recent posts in this forum it seems nearly all I've done is nitpick! I just want to say you've done a terrific job on this and I'm trembling with anticipation for the Ship Recognition Manual.

------------------
    "We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

"Mr.Kalor, give them a full spread of Quantum Torpedoes - let's see if they're right on that last point"
    Captain Matt Hunter, USS Tempest NCC-81205.

No problem, Captain. I fully expected, and continue to expect, the picking of nits.

Steve Long