Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Statistics for Delta Quadrant Species

Perrryyy Guest

I'm not an "insider" so I obviously don't have the templates, but if you'd like to work them out together, maybe we can start something?

Perrryyy@excite.com

DrJonasBashir is is a Template mood of late, check out his thread or drop him a line!

------------------
    '...The Borg have stopped at deck 10...'
    '...Deflector Control, no vital systems...'

Not a vital system! What the heck do you think stops the ship going 'poof' every time it goes to warp?

- ST:First Contact; Lt Hawk

[FTP]

ADDRESS DELETED BY MODERATOR

Thats a legal ftp i made for my player and friend, it contain everything i collect about startrek, every template of Startrek Rpg, ship template... Theres some Delta Quadrant Species there.

And Don, if you want to link this to your site its ok (Sure i invited you to look for illegalities, but you'll find none)

------------------
    Im french so I can pronounce Jean-Luc Picard

[This message has been edited by Don (edited 04-09-2001).]

Post Statistics for Delta Quadrant Species

Just out of curiousity, does anyone have LUGTrek statistics for the Kazon, Talaxians, Ocampa, Vidiians, Hirogen, and/or the Malon? I am particularly interested in the Kazon (for whom I've essentially been using a "dumbed down" version of the Klingon template) and the Vidiians.

I was considering starting a new Delta Quadrant Series (perhaps with an online group) and would find it particularly helpful to have these templates.

Thanks in advance.

mactavish out.

Exclamation

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Centurion Noctis:
    Thats a legal ftp i made for my player and friend, it contain everything i collect about startrek, every template of Startrek Rpg, ship template... Theres some Delta Quadrant Species there.

And Don, if you want to link this to your site its ok (Sure i invited you to look for illegalities, but you'll find none)
    </font>
    Hold on here -- I find plenty of legal problems.

First, I never gave anyone permission to mirror TrekRPGNet content, en masse, at an alternate site.

Also, the Spacedock PDFs are exclusive to TrekRPGNet and distribution of them through an alternate site is <u>strictly forbidden</u>! (I’d tell you to read the “readme.txt” file where it says this, but you removed them too!)

In short, drop me a line – we have much to talk about. In the meantime, please take down your FTP site.

------------------
    Don
    trekrpg@trekrpg.net

[This message has been edited by Don (edited 04-09-2001).]

This message has been removed on request by the
    poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mactavish:
    Just out of curiousity, does anyone have LUGTrek statistics for the Kazon, Talaxians, Ocampa, Vidiians, Hirogen, and/or the Malon? I am particularly interested in the Kazon (for whom I've essentially been using a "dumbed down" version of the Klingon template) and the Vidiians.

Thanks in advance.

mactavish out.
    </font>
    Mac' I don't have any templates, but for some comparison work and text info you might want to try "The Daystrom Institute" WebPage

http://www.ditl.org/

I've found a vast amount of information helpful in my campaign.

And, If the page helps, your welcome

------------------
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    -Napoleon

Pookie and myself worked up a Hirogen template, a Hunter career overlay (b4 I purchased Among the Clans), and stats for the Bladed 'Talon' and Projectile Weapon...

- We thought the big gun they always use should be a Gauss... Partial energy, Partial projectile... Just to be different...

When I get home I'll post the stuff either here or on my web site, with a link... The site will be better due to pictorial content from screencaps and the Fact Files...

------------------
    Dan.

"A couple of thoughts from a random mind!"

Thanks for all of the responses.

Here's what I've worked out for the Kazon Template so far:

Kazon

Laboring as slaves under the yoke of the Trabe for decades, the Kazon uprising over three decades ago under Jal Sankur signalled the beginning of the end for Trabe dominance in the quadrant.

While Jal Sankur managed to unite the Kazon against their common foe, this alliance quickly dissolved and the Kazon split into factions, once again fighting amongst themselves, united only in their hatred of the Trabe.

The Kazon are aggressive and prideful, enjoying a well-deserved reputation as brutal warriors.

Attributes
    Fitness 3 [6]
    Vitality +1
    Coordination 3 [5]
    Intellect 2 [5]
    Logic -1
    Presence 3 [6]
    Willpower +1
    Psi 0 [5]

Skills
    Athletics (choose Specialization) 1 (2)
    Culture (Kazon) 1 (2)
    History (Kazon) 1 (2)
    Language (Kazon) 2
    (Trabe) 1
    Energy Weapon (Disruptor) 2 (3)
    Unarmed Combat (Brawling) 2 (3)
    World Knowledge (Sect-controlled Planet) 1 (2)

Typical Advantages/Disadvantages
    High Pain Threshold +2, Toughness +2, Bloodlust -2, Technologically Inexpert* -2

---------------------------------------------

New Disadvantage

Technologically Inexpert (-2/-3)
    : The individual or species is primitive compared to their “neighbor” species. Such individuals or races are unable to comprehend advanced technologies beyond the operational level (i.e. firing an energy weapons, flying a shuttlecraft, etc.) and even that is often a challenge.

Characters with this defect (at -2) can learn Skills related to the operation of high tech equipment (i.e. Energy Weapon, Shipboard Systems, etc.), but cannot learn Skills relating to their maintenance or repair (i.e. Engineering) beyond a maximum of 1 (2).

The more crippling version of this Disadvantage still allows such characters to learn how to use such items (as above) but not how to maintain or repair them at all.

Note that this does not necessarily imply that a species possessing this Disadvantage is technologically inferior to other nearby races. In fact even a race that utilizes advanced technologies can possess this flaw if they are unable to maintain or repair their technologies. The Aldeans are a prime example of a race suffering from this Disadvantage.

Without external technical assistance, such races will eventually lose all of the advanced technologies they possess to disrepair and may even regress into planet-bound barbarism if their technology isn't self-maintaining (like the Aldeans').

---------------------------------------------

So, what do you think? While this may not be point-balanced, it has served as a decent interpretation in my numerous Series.

mactavish out.

[This message has been edited by mactavish (edited 04-10-2001).]

Which of the existing Disadvantages would you use to represent the Vidiian Phage? If none, what would such a Disadvantage look like?

I'm torn between using existing Disadvantages, creating a new, generic Fatal Illness Disadvantage, or making The Phage a new Disadvantage all its own.

What are your opinions on the matter, folks?

mactavish out.

Couldn't you just usea Disibility-Genetic Virus-'The Phage'?

Or a modification of an existing disadvantage?

(I don't have the core book to hand)

------------------
    '...The Borg have stopped at deck 10...'
    '...Deflector Control, no vital systems...'

Not a vital system! What the heck do you think stops the ship going 'poof' every time it goes to warp?

- ST:First Contact; Lt Hawk

I like the Kazon template... The Primitive disadvantage seems quite a good one, specially for the Kazon and Pakleds as a whole...

As for the Vidians, I think the Phage really qualifies as a Medical Condition in need of treatment. Possibly a 3 point flaw with a 2 point treatment, after all there is no cure, just a slight reduction in the decline of the sufferer...

But the Phage is a disease, which does qualify as an existing disadvantage...

------------------
    Dan.

"A couple of thoughts from a random mind!"

There already is a primative disadvantage in the Time Travel Sourcebook. It seems to work pretty well to me. Furthermore, I think you're being a bit harsh on the Kazon here. Their society is less technologically advanced than the Federation, but they still are at Tech Level 6. By that harsh standard, virtually ALL of the starfaring civilizations would have that disad.

To use an analogy, the Kazon are closer to China than Kalahari Bushmen.

I don't think that I'm being overly harsh on the Kazon at all. It's been said on numerous occasions that the Kazon stole Trabe technology and, despite their ability to use it, have no real understanding of it.

As for the Primitive Disadvantage, I guess that I'd overlooked the one presented in the Time Travel supplement. On reflection, however, perhaps the term "primitive" is too much. How about Technologically Inept or Technically Hindered? Those seem a bit wordy to me, but perhaps apropos to the situation.

I agree with Dan [Gurden] that such a disadvantage would apply to the Pakleds as well. That's the other group I had in mind when I wrote it!

I disagree, however, that such a disadvantage would apply to races across the board. This doesn't say that they are necessarily technologically inferior to their neighboring species (though this may indeed be the case in some instances), but rather that they lack a true understading of how their own technology works.

This is not meant as a suggestion that the Kazon species is one of barbarians. They are more like farmers from the early 20th century receiving access to 21st century technology and being taught how to use it but not to understand how it works or how to repair it.

Such a disadvantage could just as easily be applied to the Aldeans who, while possessing exceptionally advanced technologies (far beyond the UFP), had no true understanding of how it worked or how to maintain it.

The difference is subtle, but it's there nonetheless.

Does anyone have a better name than Primitive for this new disadvantage? I've searched the thesaurus and haven't been able to find a more appropriate term.

mactavish out.

Does anyone know anything about the potato-headed race from "Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy" and "The Void" that base all of their decisions on their hierarchical organization structure, are devious, and are really into espionage-type technologies (advanced sensors and maybe cloaking technologies as well).

I haven't a clue where to start on this race.

mactavish out.