Thread: Ship Recognition

Exclamation Ship Recognition

What is this guide about? Whats in it, im a little new here!

------------------
    Quark - "The more things change, the more they stay the same."

The SHIP RECOGNITION MANUAL, VOL. 1, to be released soon, is nothing more (or less) than a collection of Spacedock ship writeups for every canon 24th century Starfleet vessel (excepting the Starfleet Attack Fighter), plus a selection of commonly-encountered allied and threat vessels.

Steve Long

Well, I'll jump in here and steal a little of "Steve's Thunder" (a trademark of the Steve Long Ship Design Corp.)

The SD supplement is intended to provide enhanced and expanded rules for starships in the LUG-Trek system. If you play LUG-Trek (or any version of Trek, IMO) then this is certainly an excellent resource, as it describes (in exacting detail) the in-game requirements for ship design, as well as expanded rules for starship combat (something that, IMO, the original rules severely lacked).

I would suggest that, if you're really curious, download it and take a look. I haven't heard from anyone yet who didn't like it...and I'm not even getting paid to say this (though a "pink elephant" from Steve would be nice)!

The supplement can be found through various links on the boards, or by looking at the TrekRPG main site. It's not a big file, but it's in .pdf format, so you'll need Adobe Acrobat to read it (which is something that practically everybody has, and is easily downloadable for free).

So, there you go...check it out. If you like Trek, and if you like Technical, then this book should be a Treat!

Greg, who thinks that he may have just came up with a slogan for Spacedock!

*in my best Scooby-Doo Villain voice*

Curse You, Steve Long!

You beat me to the punch! Now I'll never have your cursed "Thunder"!

Greg

And then, after reading, I discovered that the question was about the SRM, and not the SD supplement at all...

*hangs head in shame and goes off to hide in a corner*

[This message has been edited by Greg Davis (edited 12-06-2000).]

Originally posted by Greg Davis:
    Well, I'll jump in here and steal a little of "Steve's Thunder" (a trademark of the Steve Long Ship Design Corp.)
    Hey, now I have a cool name for the big-ass ship I have in mind to design -- the "Steve's Thunder."

I would suggest that, if you're really curious, download it and take a look. I haven't heard from anyone yet who didn't like it...and I'm not even getting paid to say this (though a "pink elephant" from Steve would be nice)!
    I have the capacity to award pink elephants? Coool!

Here, Greg, have a pink elephant.

Steve Long
    Captain, U.S.S. Steve's Thunder
    and Master of the Pink Elephants!

Err... Not to be a pain in teh neck, Steve and Dan, but do you an ETa for SRM? I mean, will we see it this wekk? Or next week? :|
    The week after?

------------------
    "As long as you can laugh, you are not
    defeated."

–- Jack Vance

Whoo-hoo!

Thanks Steve!

I don't feel so bad now!

Greg

------------------
    Recently awarded the coveted "Pink Elephant" from Steve Long, for a new starship name...and out of pity!

I don't have an ETA, Fred, other than what it says in the FAQ -- "Real Soon Now." Believe me, Don's working hard to get it ready.

Steve Long

Are you taking submissions? And if so, what are your criteria for acceptance?

------------------
    "Any society which is willing to surrender essential liberties in order to gain security, shall in the end have neither."

Originally posted by Steve Long:

In the event I ever do take submissions for anything, the evaluation criteria will be "Do I like it and find it worthwhile for the book?"
    Well Steve, I would fully expect, based on that criteria, to see my Titan-class starship in a future addition of the SRM!

Greg

------------------
    Recently awarded the coveted "Pink Elephant" from Steve Long, for a new starship name...and out of pity!

I appreciate the offer, Old Soldier, but I don't need any submissions -- the SRM's already written in full. I'm just waiting on Don "the Man" Mappin to finish the layout so we can distribute it to you guys.

In the event I ever do take submissions for anything, the evaluation criteria will be "Do I like it and find it worthwhile for the book?" I realize that may seem subjective, but I've found it a better set of criteria than any other.

Steve Long

Wink

I guess there will be an addendum (some update?) like those fan fic starfleet ship manuals? Something like Long's Ships 2399 or something...

In it of course, will be "Steve's Thunder" and "Greg's Elephant".