Thread: Damage after shields have buckled...

Question Damage after shields have buckled...

This one's pretty much for you, Steve - and forgive me if I'm wasting your time, I just can't find this info in Spacedock.

Okay - ship takes damage over threshold limit, 90% goes to the hull, and 10% goes to ship systems.

Now, when the shields are down, 100% goes to the systems (according to the hit location chart), according to p137.

My question is - does this mean that no structural damage is caused to a ship once its shields are down? This just seemed a little odd to me, and I was wondering if it was an error, or if I'm missing something.

Thanks,

------------------
    "May I find you with peace, and leave you with hope."

You're missing something. Damage to the systems is damage to the ship. The SUs in the systems are what add up to give the ship its overall SUs. Where you assign that damage based on hit location rolls may affect some things, but every point of damage the ship takes reduces its SU total, even if you don't assign it to a given system by some method.

Does that answer your question, or am I not understanding what you're asking?

Steve Long

Thumbs up

Thanks, Steve.
    That's exactly the answer I was looking for!

Obviously, I hadn't read the space combat section well enough - I don't know why I missed that, but in the trial combats I've been doing, I kept sending the 90% onto the hull, and the other 10% onto the system SUs - without taking them off the hull as well!

DUH! *smack self on head*

Thanks!

------------------
    "May I find you with peace, and leave you with hope."

No problem.

Theoretically, you could make 10 rolls and apply 10% of the damage to each of the systems rolled. That would take way] too much time, IMO, but it is possible.

Steve Long