Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Full Online Systems Test

Originally posted by Red:
    Just out of curiousity how are you accounting for the BORG's legendary defensive adaptability? The closest thing I saw in my glance though SD was regenerative sheilding, but I don't think that quite cuts it for them. Any idea's?
    Well, besides the regenerative shields, there's the Borg regenerative ship (page 19). It's not much, but it helps. Besides that, there's enough Power to choke a goat (good for boosting the shields even further) and so many drone crewmen that they can make repairs quickly.

As for adaptability specifically: there's no rule for that in SD. I didn't have room to delve into the Borg in general. I'll leave that for the VOY Book, or the fan Borg book, or the like.

Steve Long

Steve, I'm shocked! You don't even remember the hex map template I made to standardize scaling between hex maps. (sniff, sniff) That's okay, it does lack important things, like a coordinate system...
    I not only remember it, I still have it! But I was talking about some sort of online thingie whereby everyone involved in the game could see things at once in 3-D(at least, that would be the ideal solution).

Steve Long

quote:
    >>But I was talking about some sort of online thingie whereby everyone involved in the game could see things at once in 3-D(at least, that would be the ideal solution).<<

Yeah, that would be nice...but if not 3-D, then 2-D. Someone could take a copy of the map and plot the courses of the different ships. Every round a new map could be posted on the web with the course changes. Owens counters could be used for the ships...that is, if someone would like to dedicat a little web space for the project...

just a thought

bishop

Hmmm... you know, I had it in my head to do this in real-time, but maybe you have something there, Bishop. Something more like Diplomacy, with turns and whatnot, would probably be easier logistically. Not as much fun, perhaps, but easier.

Worth thinking about, anyhow.

Steve Long

Thumbs up

well If you figure something out sign me up

i'll captain the USS Kyushu New Orleans Class

------------------
    Push the Button Frank

Well, that's one vict... errr, volunteer.

Dan, are you keeping track of people who want to play, or have we not reached that stage of organization yet?

Steve Long

[This message has been edited by Steve Long (edited 12-06-2000).]

I am way low on that level of organisation... But can manage that easily...

So while I work who's interested I'll take the Excelsior class USS Melbourne...

(For personal reasons...)

------------------
    Dan.

"A couple of thoughts froma random mind!"

just went through my Encyclopedia heres the known ships from there.

USS Ahahnee NCC 71620 Cheyenne
    USS Bellorephon NCC 62048 Nebula
    USS Bonestell NCC 31600 Oberth
    USS Buran NCC 57589 Challenger
    USS Chekov NCC 53702 Springfield
    USS Endeavour NCC 71805 Nebula (survivor)
    USS Firebrand NCC 68723 Freedom
    USS Gage NCC 11672 Apollo
    USS Kyushu NCC 65491 New Orleans
    USS Melbourne NCC 62043 Excelsior
    USS Princeton NCC 59803 Niagara
    USS Roosevelt NCC 2573 Excelsior
    USS Saratoga NCC 31911 Miranda
    USS Tolstoy NCC 62095 Rigel

And IF I might add USS Lorraine 65087 New Orleans Muhahahaha muhahaha muhahaha
    http://www.webzone.net/rowan/sb907/ssrd/wolf359.html here a site that had more ship Plus Klingon ships?

------------------
    Push the Button Frank

[This message has been edited by Kevin (edited 12-06-2000).]

Talking

Ahh...what the heck!
    I've always been a fan of Ben Sisko!
    I'll take the Saratoga

Hey, I could change history here...

"Commander Sisko! We're about to engage the Borg - get your wife and son into escape pods and tell them not to move!"

Hehehe...

------------------
    "May I find you with peace, and leave you with hope."

Talking

I feel like one of those Civil War reenactors

------------------
    Push the Button Frank

Wink

Ill captain the Uss Saratoga, miranda class, muwahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

------------------
    Quark - "The more things change, the more they stay the same."

Having just said I'm OK for people to use my Cube stats when I post them (over on the "Where are all the Ship Designs?" topic), now knowing that Steve has the official, "like, wow! I thought we'd never see hard rules for that!", Borg Cube, I'd suggest you guys use his (if you think you're hard enough). That way you probably get a tougher fight, and if the Cube loses it probably won't be because of any major flaws in the design. I will post my stats soon, as I'm eager to see how closely it matches Steve's.

BTW Steve - how did you power yours? I gave mine two Class 13 warp cores, 5 Class 8 Impulse Engines, 10 Auxhilary Reactors and Type F Emergency Power. Total output around 1500 per round I'd guess. I haven't actually gotten around to figuring out the ship's power requirements yet...

------------------
    "We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

"Mr.Kalor, give them a full spread of Quantum Torpedoes - let's see if they're right on that last point"
    Captain Matt Hunter, USS Tempest NCC-81205.

I'll take the Bonestell if no one else wants it. I would have preffered the Melbourne (also for personal reasons) but someone beat me to it.

Red

------------------
    "Being afraid all of the time of forgetting somebody's name. Not...not knowing what to do with your hands...I mean, I am the guy who writes down things to remember to say when there's a party. And then when he finally gets there, he winds up alone in the corner trying to look comfortable examining a potted plant."
    -Lieutentant Reginald Barclay

As the coward I've always been, I'll take the Endeavour. And, if you don't let me, I'll get away with it!

Nah, I wanna die. Give me the USS Bellerophon... You see, I love Nebula-class vessels. And BTW I'm really used to play with them

Did anyone think of a temptative date for the reenactment? During the Christmas holidays, perhaps?

------------------
    Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide, No escape from reality

Well heck, I guess count me in too. I'll take the Excelsior-class USS Roosevelt, NCC-2573.

If I'm going to bite it, I might as well bite it on a ship named after a President, as I'd do a disservice to my chosen field (political science) if I didn't!

Greg

------------------
    Recently awarded the coveted "Pink Elephant" from Steve Long, for a new starship name...and out of pity!