Thread: Reaction & spacedock

Question Reaction & spacedock

Steve,

In the initiative rules in Spacedock, there does not seem to be any reaction actions, ie a ship does not dodge if shot at, it must have already performed an evasive maneuver.

Am I correct?

If so, how long does an evasive or attack action last?

------------------
    Greg

"Calm may work for Locutus of Borg here, but I'm freaked and intend to stay that way."

A ship doesn't "dodge" when fired at in the ICON System rules any more than a person does. (For beter or worse, that's just how the rules work.) However, with the Narrator's permission, the pilot could add an action (incurring a Multiple Action Penalty) to perform a defensive/evasive maneuver, just like a character can add a move to dodge.

Of course, this assumes he hasn't already performed a defensive/evasive action in that round, since he's only allowed one of each (SD, page 102).

The effects of a maneuver (attack or defensive/evasive) last for the entire round in which they're performed (SD, pages 102-03). Of course, they don't have any effect before they're performed, so a dodge doesn't do you as much good if you've got a slow pilot.

Does that answer your question? If not, please ask more until I get it right.

Steve Long

Thumbs up

That answers my question, thanks.

I realise that both starships and characters don't actually dodge, but since the term is used in both the Trek RPG rules and Spacedock, I used it in my question.

------------------
    Greg

"Calm may work for Locutus of Borg here, but I'm freaked and intend to stay that way."