Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Full Online Systems Test

I apologise for the sign-up problems. Which should be sorted out now!

Mail me if it still doesn't work!

------------------
    Dan.

"A couple of thoughts froma random mind!"

Originally posted by afraser:
    There is a Klingon ship in the screen shot with the Phase II Enterprise (on the left of shot). So we know for canon that there were Klingons at Wolf 359.
    I assume you are referring to the picture on the right where the site talks about the Phase II ships being used in Wolf 359 and "Unification" shots.

First, the text seems to imply that the shot in question is from "Unification." I could be wrong, but that doesn't look like Wolf 359 to me. Since I plan to watch BOBW again before we run this battle, I'll make time to watch "Unification" also and see what I can make out.

Second, given the size and resolution of the picture, I don't think it's possible to definitively identify anything in it, except the Enterprise-D. I do not necessarily agree with your interpretation that the object to the left is part of a Klingon vessel.

Third, there are no references anywhere to any Klingon ships actually beingat Wolf 359. Sending ships and actually having those ships make it on time are two different things. It's repeatedly stated that 40 Fed ships fought the Borg at Wolf 359, and 39 were destroyed. There is never any mention of the presence of any other species, or any additional ships. IMO it simply defies belief that the loss of Klingon or Romulan ships wouldn't merit a mention somewhere -- particularly given the writers' and fans' peculiar obsession with the Klingons.

In short, I don't consider that picture any sort of "canon" evidence of Klingon presence at Wolf 359. I will, however, happily accept being proved wrong, if someone can locate reliable evidence on the issue.

Steve Long

Got any more spaces left? Or are they all filled in? If you still got anything left, count me in, and tell me

+---+
    |0 0| Digitally enhaced picture of Johnny
    | % | romulus18@hotmail.com
    | - |
    +---+

Same Here

I believe there are still a couple slots -- we want to leave enough "overage" of unclaimed ships that players who lose their ships early on can fall back to another ship and not simply have to bow out of the game.

Check with Dan, and if necessary sign up for the mailing list he set up. That's what we're going to use to run the game.

Steve Long

Thumbs up

I am big time interested in this! And am willing to play anything that is left over or that no one wants. Hell, give me a shuttle or a runabout and let me go....

It's just one damn cube.....

<EG>

------------------
    Welcome to Farpoint Station

If there are going to be multiple ships per person, just give me any old Miranda or Nebula, I'm easy.

Red

------------------
    "Being afraid all of the time of forgetting somebody's name. Not...not knowing what to do with your hands...I mean, I am the guy who writes down things to remember to say when there's a party. And then when he finally gets there, he winds up alone in the corner trying to look comfortable examining a potted plant."
    -Lieutentant Reginald Barclay

If the SRM wont be coming out until Mid to Late Q1 2001 should we just see about designing the ships seperatly?

Red

------------------
    "Being afraid all of the time of forgetting somebody's name. Not...not knowing what to do with your hands...I mean, I am the guy who writes down things to remember to say when there's a party. And then when he finally gets there, he winds up alone in the corner trying to look comfortable examining a potted plant."

Who in God's name said the SRM won't be out until Q1 2001? It'll be out mid- to late next *week,* I imagine.

Steve Long

I can't help but ask (in my best Kirk voice, no less!)

What does God need with a starship?

Greg

------------------
    Recently awarded the coveted "Pink Elephant" from Steve Long, for a new starship name...and out of pity!

Smile

I would be interested in playing as well. If there is not enough ships, maybe we could split some of the ships up into separate positions, helm, tactical, command?

------------------
    Tony Fanchi
    Scotty "Laddy, don't you think you should rephrase that?"
    Korax "You're right. I didn't mean to say the Enterprise should be hauling garbage, I meant to say it should be hauled away as garbage!"
    [The Trouble With Tribbles/Trials and Tribbilations]

Originally posted by Steve Long:
    Who in God's name said the SRM won't be out until Q1 2001? It'll be out mid- to late next *week,* I imagine.

Steve Long
    Sorry Steve, guess I miss read it. Seem to be doing that alot lately.

Red

------------------

Thumbs up

count me in. I would be more than happy to be a speed bump to Steve-qutis of Borg. Just let me Know if there are any ships left.

We have nearly 1/2 the ships taken now, and can only accept a few more (if any...)

Please mail me at ussventure@theventure.freeserve.co.uk for membership to the list. First come first served!

------------------
    Dan.

"A couple of thoughts froma random mind!"