Thread: "All good things" Galaxy class refit

Post "All good things" Galaxy class refit

I was thinking about doing a Galaxy class refit from Q's alternate timeline in "All Good Things".

It would be munchkin as hell, but hey... BFG's are always fun.

So I was wondering, does anybody have any specs or blueprints or anything at all on that bad boy?

If memory serves, the Galaxy upgrade Enterprise seen in "All Good Things..." was pretty much the same ship as earlier, except for the third warp nacelle, the cloaking device, and the "wave motion gun" phaser cannon mounted ventraly on the saucer.

Since Riker gave an order to proceed at "Warp factor 17" in the show, it is obvious that they were using the old warp scale. Given that as a basis, (and the other little facts presented in the show) it's probable that in the alternate universe that produced this ship gave Starfleet a greater impetus for combat.

BTW, if I'm not mistaken, the image on the cover of the LUG Next Gen core rules book is of this ship.

------------------
    "Any society which is willing to surrender essential liberties in order to gain security, shall in the end have neither."

Well considering the Phaser Cannon punched through a Negh'Var/Voodieh class ship's shields and through the outer and inner hulls on both sides I'd consider it doing 100+ damage or 1000+ in SD rules.
    I think it had 2 smaller side mounted cannons as well or was that Voyager (in the dark ep.)

------------------
    SIR SIG a Aussie TREK Narrator

I think they were using a revised Warp factor, implying that ships in the future are faster.

The image on the front cover of the LUG Trek book is inaccurate, in that it doesn't show all of the extra parts added on for the refit, but does have the BFG.

------------------
    Greg

"Calm may work for Locutus of Borg here, but I'm freaked and intend to stay that way."

If its the old warp system then I wonder what made them drop it back, to many...9's?

------------------

I heard somewhere that they chose the new warp system (by the way, Riker ordered Warp 13, not Warp 17) to get rid of an excessive number of .9999s. For example, warp 9.99 on the old scale equals warp 10 on the new one, warp 9.999 is warp 11 and so on. So the future ships aren't actually achieving transwarp (as in warp 10 on the old scale), but are pretty damn fast...

------------------
    "Captain? Is something wrong?"

"I just had the most terrible news. I have to attend the Annual Admirals' Dinner.
    I've faced Borg, Romulans and battle-crazed Jem'Hadar, but nothing compares to this."

Captain Matt Hunter, USS Tempest

So what your saying is that every extra ...9 was a higher warp?
    10=9.99
    11=9.999
    12=9.9999
    13=9.99999

Gets fast real quick!

------------------

Being that it takes place many years into the future, (Riker was an admiral wasn't he?), I wouldn't think it impossible that Starfleet had acheived transwarp speeds.

In that alternate universe anyway.

I was thinking about making it a class-XX phaser with ACB jacketing and continuous mode and only +/- 10^ fire arc. I didn't want to get too munchkin in it

I was going to make those wing guns on the sides of the bridge pulse phasers, and the box with the tubes behind the bridge advanced torpedoe tubes.

What do you all think?

I always thought it would be cool if that boxlike structure behind the bridge/on top of the main shuttlebay was a strap-on warp drive module for the saucer section during separation.

------------------
    "Tell me about your ship, Riker. It's the Enterprise, isn't it ?"
    "No, the name of my ship is the 'Lollipop'."
    "I have no knowledge of that ship."
    "It's just been commissioned. It's a good ship."
    -- "Captain Rice" and Riker in ST:TNG "The Arsenal Of Freedom"

Question

I'm not sure the ship would separate. If my memory serves me correctly (I am not looking at a picture), the BFG is located on the saucer section…

Unless there are going for MVAM. If that’s the case, then what about power consumption for the BFG, it has to be high. Maybe a secondary warp core is the answer.

------------------
    Makklor the Mad

[This message has been edited by Makklor (edited 12-21-2000).]

It does look like it is attached to the saucer, but it could just seperate and the BFG will be sticking out from the hump semi saucer that is left at the top of the neck.

I think I'll not have saucer sep on my version though.