Thread: SRM: Alternate

Question SRM: Alternate

Some people have expressed a desire to see Steve Long do a Ship Recognistion Manual based on the various 'what ifs and alternate timeline' we saw on the show. While i too think it's a cool idea, before we start asking for that..

Maybe it would be better if we made a list to see if there's actually enough ships to merit that kind of treatment?

So here's my list, help me out and add some.

Future Entreprise (All Good Things)
    Warship Voyager (Living Witness)
    ISS Entreprise (Mirror Entreprise)
    Regent 1 (Mirror Universe Worf's flagship)
    Terran Rebel ships (Mirror Universe)

This book would probably be a nice place to
    add SD writeup of the ships from All Our Yesterdays.

Other than that i'm stumped. I'm sure there's a few others. Help me out.

Cool

"Let's make sure History never forgets the name: Enterprise."

The Enterprise-D from 'Yesterday's Enterprise', my very favourite episode.

------------------
    Greg

"Calm may work for Locutus of Borg here, but I'm freaked and intend to stay that way."

I can think of a few. And you should include the Allied and Threat Species Vessels.

1. The Yellowstone-class runabout was featured in VOY: "Non Sequitur"

2. The ever changing Krenim Ships in VOY: "The Year of Hell I/II"

3. The Federation time ship in VOY: "Future's End "

And if it is not included allready

4. The Mirror universe's Defiant in DS9: "Shattered Mirror"

Makklor

Livonia, Michigan, US; Holder of the Steve Long Pink Elephant for SRM Volume 2: The Cardassian Empire Testreading

U.S.S. Relativity, "Relativity" (in AoY, but deserves a special mention)
    future Enterprise, "Parallels" (in 15 years, some advances had to have been made)
    future D'Deridex, "Parallels" (same)
    size-shifting BoP, _The Voyage Home_

------------------
    It's is our last, best hope for peace? We are so screwed.

This brings me onto a point I was pondering recently - SU and Power costs for the special systems on the timeships listed in All our Yesterdays. Any ideas?

Also, Steve: How well do the Power cost conversions to the LUG system in the back of SD hold up? Could they be used directly to find the SD Power costs of the various time-travel methods employed in AoY?

------------------
    "Captain? Is something wrong?"

"I just had the most terrible news. I have to attend the Annual Admirals' Dinner.
    I've faced Borg, Romulans and battle-crazed Jem'Hadar, but nothing compares to this."

Captain Matt Hunter, USS Tempest

Originally posted by Captain Hunter:
    Also, Steve: How well do the Power cost conversions to the LUG system in the back of SD hold up? Could they be used directly to find the SD Power costs of the various time-travel methods employed in AoY?
    I haven't run a whole heaping pile of conversions myself, but I think that using the conversion rules could give you more Power for a basic ship than the existing templates have -- not necessarily a lot more, but more. OTOH, I could be wrong.

I would be leery of using this sort of conversion methodology to try to figure out Power costs for systems in supplements personally, but there's no reason you couldn't give it a shot if you want.

Which systems are you talking about? I wrote up the AOY ships and may have some notes or ideas that would help you, if you're interested.

Steve Long

[This message has been edited by Steve Long (edited 01-05-2001).]

The chronometric sensors, temporal drive systems and certain "special" weapons like the jamming field on the [i]Thucydides[i]-Class ship (excuse spelling).

------------------
    "Captain? Is something wrong?"

"I just had the most terrible news. I have to attend the Annual Admirals' Dinner.
    I've faced Borg, Romulans and battle-crazed Jem'Hadar, but nothing compares to this."

Captain Matt Hunter, USS Tempest

Ah, OK. Chronometric sensors you could probably do with the long-range sensor rules, substituting time periods for distance in light-years -- maybe 100-300 years per LY. ("Sorry, captain, our scanners don't have sufficient resolution to view events earlier than 2,000 years ago.")

The chronal jammer -- probably a flat SU cost, but I'm not sure offhand what that would be. Let's say 50 SUs as a round number just for fun.

Chronal travel system -- hmmm, probably in the tens per Size. Maybe 30 x Size, just as a guesstimate.

Steve Long

[This message has been edited by Steve Long (edited 01-05-2001).]