Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So, What Now?

Originally posted by ArsenicMan:
    I'm initiated. Tell me!
    I'm sorry, ArsenicMan, but our records clearly indicate that you are not initiated.

If you feel our records may be in error, please contact Customer Service.

Steve Long

Originally posted by Korga:
    I assume this would be the Movie Era if so My Vote is for TOS...if not Klingons...i mean we need the first ships ( constitution class refit )first before we can move on.
    Just to be clear:

The TOS book would cover the TV series and the movies. My plan is to start with, oh, the Daedalus class (perhaps with sidebars for the DY-100 and the like), and go all the way through the end of the movie era (2293, and perhaps a bit later). Fortunately I've already done basic rules writeups of the Movie Era ships for The Final Frontier, so I don't have to watch those wretched movies again. I will, however, have to watch 70-odd hours of television shows (minus "The Deadly Years" and "Tomorrow Is Yesterday," the only two I lack on tape).

The SRM: TOS Era will not include any FASA-Trek ships, or any other ships from non-LUG sources like those Jackill's tech packets.

Sidebars and other delectable tidbits from the fertile imagination of the inestimable S. John Ross will, however, be accepted.

Steve Long

[This message has been edited by Steve Long (edited 12-31-2000).]

A clarification:

Two people voted for the "DWS." That's the Dominion War Sourcebook, which you're already slated to get just as soon as Don can lay it out.

The "DWC" choice is the Dominion War Companion, a second juicy volume of 24th century combat goodness. It's a different book altogether, albeit on the exact same subject.

I have marked the two "DWS" votes for the DWC. If those two voters want to change their votes based on this clarification, they may do so.

Steve "Butterfly Ballot" Long

Originally posted by Dan Gurden:
    With the Ship Recognition Manuals there are several 'Others' that can be considered for future use.

Dominion SRM; Ships of the Dominion, from the Jem'Hadar through to the lesser members.

Other Species SRM; Finally all those smaller races ships, from the Ferengi and Breen to Orion pirates, and even some of the best selling civilian ships around...

Lastly:
    Alternate Universes SRM;
    Some weeks ago, on IIRC the "Star Trek Chat" board, I started a general discussion that went on for some time about what other SRMs people wanted to see. A Gamma Quadrant SRM, Ferengi SRM, and "miscellaneous/civilian" SRM (covering merchants, Orion Syndicate, security, Bajoran, Gorn, Tholian, Sheliak, etc.) are all on my list to do.

I don't think there's enough meat in the "alternate universes" bit to justify an entire SRM, though. But I'm always willing to be convinced otherwise.

Steve Long

I'd like to see the following in this order.

Kellinan Reach Sourcebook
    Dominion War Companion (sequel to DWS)

Alan

To keep this from going on forever, voting will end this Friday, Jan. 5, at 5:00 PM EST.

As of 12/31/00 at 10:20 AM EST, I count the vote as follows:

Klingons: 12
    TOS: 8
    Romulans: 3
    Kellinan Reach: 3
    DWC: 2 (but see note above)
    Other: 1 (Security Handbook)

Fortunately, there have yet to be any "go away" votes....

Steve Long

[This message has been edited by Steve Long (edited 12-31-2000).]

I would like to see first is the Romulans and then DWC

Thumbs up

I would like to place my vote for TOS.

---------------------------------------------
    "All of history is a lie, depending upon who is speaking, and who is listening" - Bayushi Kachiko, Mother of Scorpion, Scorpion Clan

Oh Klingons most definetily.

Another publication? You're spoiling us.

*general public shushes in unison*

Oo, right, um... I'll go Kellinan Reach.

<Holographic Lurking Field Disengage>
    I vote for TOS
    <Lurking Field, Engage!>
    Chris

Exclamation

Oh hell, anything but the Klingons. I can do without ships from the most two-dimensional, unimaginative, poorly-acted species to ever grace Star Trek -- next to the Pakled.

My vote is for TOS -- even though I don't play it at all, for 2 reasons.

1) To beat those damn Klingons.

2) It would be cool to layout.

Don
    "Today is a good day to die!"
    (YAWN!)

I have to go with Don. I'm not to much of a fan of TOS, but I do like the movies, so I want to see the USS Enterprise-A.

------------------
    Greg

"Calm may work for Locutus of Borg here, but I'm freaked and intend to stay that way."

Romulans! Romulans! Romulans! Romulans!Romulans! Romulans!Romulans! Romulans!Romulans! Romulans!Romulans! Romulans!Romulans! Romulans!Romulans! Romulans!Romulans! Romulans!Romulans! Romulans!Romulans! Romulans!Romulans! Romulans!Romulans! Romulans!Romulans! Romulans!Romulans! Romulans!Romulans! Romulans!
    Oh and I'm voting for Romulans!

Romulans first.

Idea: include the Klingon Spacedock ships with the Klingon sourcebook (if its still in the making)