Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: So, What Now?

Question

TOS

But a quick question, is it to be a Fed only TOS SRM or include a few other species ship from the era?

I personnaly can't wait for SRL: Tholians.
    (Ship Recognition LEAFLET)

The DWC will include "more of the same" -- discussion of subjects I had to cut from the DWS, or didn't think to write about until later. There are more historical tidbits, a fairly lengthy section on unconventional warfare (espionage, sabotage, special forces and their use in 24th century warfare, etc.) during the War, more tactical information on setting up and breaking defense perimeters, a discussion of psionics in warfare, lots more tech and weaponry, artifical soldier enhancements (drugs, implants, etc.), articles on various resistance movements, probably some more NPCs and ships, and maybe even some episodes.

That kinda thing.

Steve Long

Re: including the Klingon ships in the fan Klingon sourcebook, I don't want to do that for several reasons:

1. It's likely that I'd slow that project up, since doing the Klingon ships will take some time, and they're already at work.
    2. I usually prefer for my work to stand on its own.
    3. As a supplement for the basic game, the Klingon book should use the basic starship stats, not the advanced Spacedock stats requiring an optional supplement that not everyone may have. (Of course, the fan sourcebook authors could always do their own SD stats in an appendix or something. )
    4. I kind of prefer for the fan sourcebooks to "do their own thing," rather than taking any cues from me as a former LUG guy (which is why I haven't gotten involved in any others). I like to see what other people do.
    5. The SRM: Klingons is likely to be about 50,000 words or so, perhaps more -- and that makes it too long to become part of what will already be a rather long fan sourcebook. It works quite well as a stand-alone.

Steve Long

Talking

Just 3 words:

Tee!
    Oh!
    Ess!

In summary, TOS!

------------------
    Gabriel Alexander Vampyre

Originally posted by Anarchy Bob:
    But a quick question, is it to be a Fed only TOS SRM or include a few other species ship from the era?
    It's SRM: TOS Era, not SRM: TOS Era Starfleet, so I fully intend to include TOS-era ships for Klingons, Romulans, Tholians, and so forth. (The non-Starfleet ships would then in turn get copied into other books, like SRM: Rommies, just to keep all the ships on a given subject in one place for ease of reference.)

So, I'd expect to have things like the Klingon D-7, the Romulan warbird from "Balance of Terror," the First Federation ship Fesarius, the Tholian webship, a whole bunch of civilian vessels from the shows and the movies, and whatever other thingamagummies I can dig up while watching the TOS shows again.

Steve Long

Cool

Happy New Year!

My vote is for the Dominion War Companion.
    By the way, what is the status of the SRMs (what is completed aside from Cardassia?).

Not to be tricky, but I'd vote for the Kellinan Reach Sourcebook

Though full Spacedock stats for the Intrepid class starship would be nice. I know know, It'll be in the Fed SRM

Apologies for getting antsy

------------------
    Captain Daniel Hunter
    CO NCC-73602, U.S.S. Intrepid
    http://www.ussintrepid.org.uk

TOS. It's required by law.

Besides, I must have my uprated Constitution-class ship. 'Gonna name it the Lowrider. Damn, but those Constitutions had bumpin' stereo systems. Can't you just imagine the Enterprise leaving spacedock blasting "Lowrider," and rattling the windows of the control room?

------------------
    Can I have some Amy Jo Johnson, mama?

"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
    darkwingone@hotmail.com
    gameshowman@winning.com

I gotta vote for the Romulans. Heck, just throw the stats for a D'deridex-class vessel at me and I'm copasetic

The status of the SRMs is: only Starfleet (Part 1) and Cardassians have been completed.

The others are but gleams in my game designer's eyes. Well, that's not entirely true. I've got "classification" chapters done for Klingons and Romulans (since doing them was a matter of editing and beefing up material I already had). Also got some groundwork laid for TOS and Miscellaneous/Civilians -- mainly ships cribbed from other stuff I have worked on, things like that.

But none of 'em are anywhere near being completed.

And as for your D'deridex, Dave, don't worry -- it's in SRM 1: Starfleet (Part 1), in the "Allied and Threat Ships" section at the back of the book.

Steve Long

I'd have to say TOS as long as you slipped in some of those old ships that no one has heard of only by name to flesh out the Star Fleet of the 23rd Century

------------------
    SIR SIG a Aussie TREK Narrator

Talking

TOS, even though I wont see my beloved Loknor nor Surya Lt. curisers I still want ships for that era.

Talking

Hello!

I’m new here - Actually I’ve been lurking since September . No one was voting for the supplement I NEED so I figured it was time to speak out.

The Dominion War Companion would be very useful for me (The Dominion War is about to kick off in my campaign).

On the other hand the TOS guide would be far more useful to the game system overall. It’s a completely different century after all. A wider range of data points would be more useful then a bunch of concentrated ones.

Hmmm...

Since hardly anyone’s voting for the DWC a vote there wouldn’t really have any effect in the grand scheme of things. So if I vote for the one I really want then I throw my vote away. But If I vote for the TOS SRM my vote might make a difference.
    Wow! Just like a real election!

I vote for "The Original Series Ship Recognition Manuel!"

Now which hole do I punch?

Question: Steve, will you be covering any of the ships from TAS (The Animated Series)? There are some pretty cool ships (along with a bunch of lame ones) and the series was produced by Roddenberry so it sorta cannon.

------------------
    Just remember, even though it’s a vacuum,
    In space no one can hear you Clean.
    -J.T.

TOS (please).

Oh my gosh! I'm not the only person in Alaska who reads these boards? Holy cow!

[This message has been edited by Pete (edited 12-31-2000).]

Smile

I would vote for TOS. We are all very grateful for the work you are doing for us. Therefore, any topic you chose will be fine with us!