Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At the end of my rope

Question At the end of my rope

Okay.

I've given up.

Unless there's some drastic change in the local library's computer usage policy, or I suddenly make the acquaintance of a friendly cow with his own computer (hey, I live in the sticks), it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to download Spacedock OR the SRM any time in the forseeable future.

But, I really, really REEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY want them...

Therefore, I'm going to attempt something, possibly foolhardy, possibly simply dumb, because I just can't think of anything better.

What if, what if, I could convince somebody here who has a nice quality printer (preferably somebody in the continental US,) to print me out a copy of each of these wondrous tomes, and snailmail them to me, for which I would reimburse them for shipping & handling and negotiate some price-per-page (5 cents? 7?) to cover their paper, ink, and effort?

Hmm?

------------------
    "Guchk *Cough* muu ougtgha hrrgh!" -- Cmdr. An-tule Lemayan, USS Boadicea
    "I'd have to say that's the worst case of smuush I've ever seen." -- Dr. Sonachai Smith, CMO, USS Boadicea

Originally posted by First of Two:
    Okay.

I've given up.

Unless there's some drastic change in the local library's computer usage policy, or I suddenly make the acquaintance of a friendly cow with his own computer (hey, I live in the sticks), it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to download Spacedock OR the SRM any time in the forseeable future.

But, I really, really REEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY want them...

Therefore, I'm going to attempt something, possibly foolhardy, possibly simply dumb, because I just can't think of anything better.

What if, what if, I could convince somebody here who has a nice quality printer (preferably somebody in the continental US,) to print me out a copy of each of these wondrous tomes, and snailmail them to me, for which I would reimburse them for shipping & handling and negotiate some price-per-page (5 cents? 7?) to cover their paper, ink, and effort?

Hmm?

Try going to Kinkos if you have one nearby that is, if not email me and i'll see what i can do.

Install GetRight, then you can download it in sections... if the download sever supports resuming downloads.

Would anybody care if these were burned onto a cd for you and sent? I'm sure alot of us have burners, including me.

I can get you one copy of each ... but, unfortunately, it'll cost 40 cents per page - and that's at no profit to me, either.

That means about $160 + shipping for both of 'em. ($80 each)

Gamethyme

AAIGH! WHO charges 40 cents a page? Remind me never to shop there!

Greetings!

Do you have an Office Max? I got mine printed there for $20. They also have internet access (at least mine does) and they might even pull it down for you and then print it out. Make sure you bring the URL with.

Make sure you ask them for double sided since it's less paper (my local OM charged me by the page NOT by the printed page), then have them bind it for you (costs like $2).

Hope that helps.

Rick

My hometown has one stoplight, okay?
    The nearest Office Max is near Pittsburgh... I think.

We have a Staples in the nearest town, but its, like, a branch store or something. I don't think they have public internet access.

Any plan that requires I download the file isn't going to be feasible, I'm afraid.

There are no Kinko's here.

I can't install ANYTHING, as I don't have a computer I can install anything to. I'm using a public library 'you-can't-download-anything' terminal.

I don't know what good a CD would do, since I don't have the Adobe to see/read it anyway.

Unhappy

Well, unless your local library changes its policies, or you can get yourself a computer, I think you are SOL, First of Two.

LQ

------------------
    "No one controls me. I'm uncontrollable. The only one who can control me is me... and that's just barely possible!" -John Lennon

What if I up it to 15 cents a page, plus S&H,?

C'mon.. anybody?

PLEEEEEASE?

send me your address I will print out on my ship since it I have duty on Sunday.

Well, it's late, but I'll give it a shot. Well you be going BACK on your ship anytime soon?

Originally posted by Thierry:
    send me your address I will print out on my ship since it I have duty on Sunday.
    Ohh use of gov property, you beat me to it

Wink

Originally posted by Thierry:
    Alex, I'll take Things that Will Make my CO's Eyebrows Rise for two-hundred!