Thread: An Update On Various Projects

Post An Update On Various Projects

Just to keep y'all in the loop, I figured I'd post a brief note about what's going on with various projects.

Don "God of Layout" Mappin is hard at work on the Dominion War Sourcebook.

I have finished integrating the comments and corrections from the testreaders on SRM: Cardassians, who did a fine job and have more than earned their Pink Elephants! The book is all done on my end, and is all set to go to Don whenever he's ready for it.

I am trying to spend some time to watch an episode or two of TOS every day for research for SRM: TOS Era. The main impediment to this is that my recliner is veeerrry comfortable, so I keep falling asleep in mid-episode. But nevertheless, progress is being made.

On those occasions when I don't want to leave my computer -- mainly Saturdays, when I want to listen to the Country Oldies show on WBRF and the 70s show on WMAG, and Sundays, when I want to listen to the "Seven Hours of Seventies" show on 93.9 FM (whose call letters escape me) -- I try to spend some time working on the Dominion War Companion, or on whatever ship topic catches my interest for the day. So, maybe I write up some artillery, or some Klingon ships, or draft rules for artificial quantum singularity drives, or something like that.

In any event, things are proceeding slowly, but surely, on all fronts. More news and cool stuff as things develop.

Steve Long

DROOL!

I'm going to have to start up a middleman for ALL this stuff, since, as I posted in my 'end of my rope' thread, I can't git that stuff printed hyar. (Oh no, I'm slipping into Appalachian!)

Talking

Steve, have we told you recently how fond we are of you? You'll probably be made into a saint at some point in the years to come...

Talking

I am trying to spend some time to watch an episode or two of TOS every day for research for SRM: TOS Era. The main impediment to this is that my recliner is veeerrry comfortable, so I keep falling asleep in mid-episode. But nevertheless, progress is being made.
    Steve Long
    Cool thanks Steve... It must be hard to do the ship recognition for TOS... Hmmn... shiny star-like ship 1 vs. shiny star-like ship 2....

The hard part of doing SRM: TOS Era is twofold:

1. There is, comparatively, a real dearth of technical information about these ships, even the Enterprise. I'm planning to post a little statistical analysis of this when I finish my viewing.

2. What technical data I am able to extrapolate is often nonsensical, contradictory, or, so I suspect, virtually un-modellable in game terms without major changes to the SD rules. Even compared to the lackadaisical efforts made by the TNG-era writers to get tech stuff right, or to think about it logically, the TOS writers seem pretty pathetic on the tech front.

But of course, the proof is in the pudding. I'll know more when I have all my notes and can review them in one big clump. As I'm in the middle of things, the trees may be gettin' in the way of my view of the forest.

Steve Long