Thread: I thought we could all get a kick out of this thread

I thought we could all get a kick out of this thread

http://trekbbs.com/ubb/Forum28/HTML/009058.html

It's hilarious. Someone trying to argue that the RPG sourcebooks are canon.

Methinks they're right: this is some 10-12 year old kid whose "first contact" with Trek is LUGs Game, and isn't paying attention to the big NON-CANON notices plastered at the beginning of each book.
    Deo Vindice!

Well he does profess to know everything about Star Trek and says that Enterprise is getting "badder"...sigh...

Anytime I ever think this place is getting too snippy, I go see these other boards and remark on how downright civil we are to each other hereabouts
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations...

Usualy I stay away from other Trek boards, but after reading this I think I should visit that site more often. It's hillarious!

I mean "The only thing canon is what you see on TV week after week". LOL
    If you stick to that you should develop multiple personalities - one for any canon each show established.

BTW, I consider the LUG books the most important fatct as soon as I start one of my TNG RPG sessions. It avoids a lot of discussions among players what is canon and what isn't.

Originally posted by Captain Zymmer
    Well he does profess to know everything about Star Trek and says that Enterprise is getting "badder"...sigh...

Anytime I ever think this place is getting too snippy, I go see these other boards and remark on how downright civil we are to each other hereabouts
    I thnik we have the underlying unity of a common hobby, role-players always stick together much better than other "cult" groups. Anyway we're taught or forced to use our imagination week after week to come up with adventure ideas or solutions to whatever little nasty the GM had thought up. Trekkies (I know too many) are slightly different, firstly they veg out in front of TV abosorbing whatever crap comes off the screen then nitpick it ot hell at conventions and slim off books...well we have to be practical about it and decide how a change in canon would affect our games and decide whether this new titbit of canon goes into your particular game or not.

At the moment now that TNG, DS9 and VOY have ended, the canon of the 24th century is fairly set and with plans for any movies after ST: Nemesis on hold because I guess they can't figure out how to go forward I'm confining my canon info on these three sources and of course TOS and the movies...and I toss in anything else that I need/like from various novels and other licensed material and to hell with what any other Trekkie thinks...my players have fun thats all that's important for me as a gamer and GM.
    Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden!
    Fell deed awake: fire and slaughter!
    Spear shall be shaken, shields be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red-day, ere the sun rises!
    Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!

Theoden King: The Return of the King

To paraphrase Lt. Torres in Starship Spotter: "If I have to hear one more argument about canon I'm going to go SPACE CRAZY!!!"
    Remember that in the Trek universe, inconsistency travels at the speed of plot...
    The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Originally posted by Highway Hoss
    To paraphrase Lt. Torres in Starship Spotter: "If I have to hear one more argument about canon I'm going to go SPACE CRAZY!!!"
    Remember that in the Trek universe, inconsistency travels at the speed of plot...
    Amen
    Captain Zymmer
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=

=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations...

Thumbs down GAWD!!!!

I don't know about you guys but MajorBarcalow (I should emphasis "low") is embarrassing me as a LUGTrek gamer.

I really do not want to subscribe to another bulletin board, so if anyone sees this message tell him this:

Even a LUGTrek gamer with a genius intelligence of a Pakled know the difference between canon and non-canon ... and LUGTrek products are NON-CANON.

LOL.
    Anyhoo, just some random thoughts...

"My philosophy is 'you don't need me to tell you how to play -- I'll just provide some rules and ideas to use and get out of your way.'"
    -- Monte Cook

"Min/Maxing and munchkinism aren't problems with the game: they're problems with the players."
    -- excerpt from Guardians of Order's Role-Playing Game Manifesto

A GENERATION KIKAIDA fan

DISCLAIMER: I Am Not A Lawyer

Originally posted by Highway Hoss
    I'll drink to that
    Arise, arise, Riders of Theoden!
    Fell deed awake: fire and slaughter!
    Spear shall be shaken, shields be splintered,
    a sword-day, a red-day, ere the sun rises!
    Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!

Theoden King: The Return of the King

Talking

My favorite part...

Originally posted by MajorBarcalow

I recommend the sourcebook for better star trek and everyone I sure will agrees with me.
    Man, that's funny. Its going to be my new signature. I think I like MajorBarcalow better than the rest of the people on that thread.