Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Typos

That's not a typo, Gary. They do 50 damage. I changed the damage of weapons by a factor of 10 (20 to 200, 5 to 50, and so on) for SPACEDOCK to create greater granularity.

Steve Long

Sorry about that. I had just gotten of work and was tired and forgot that in the advanced rules I half to multiply by 10.

On page 53, you mention the "Inertial Damping Field", it should be "Inertial Dampening Field"

Sorry, Quintaris, but you're wrong. Steve has it right.

To damp something means to reduce the amplitude, to deaden or check. To dampen something is to get it wet. A damper is a mechanism which controls, mutes or checks. An interial damper reduces inertial effects.

Don't feel bad, though - you're not alone in this misconception. This is one word that most Trek fans really need to look up in a dictionary.

*grabs the TNG Tech Manual* Well I'll be damned. I've always thought that's what the IDF stood for. And you are correct, there's a far amount of people who make that mistake as well (I know several I'll have to correct now).

Red face

Originally posted by Liquidator Queeg:
    I looked for latinum prices... nada.
    I humbly stand corrected! As Steve Long pointed out in another thread in this forum, there is a pricing guideline in the sidebar on page 18. How did I miss that! Cripes!

LQ

------------------
    "No one controls me. I'm uncontrollable. The only one who can control me is me... and that's just barely possible!" -John Lennon

This is a minor nitpick, but the stardate on the first page of Chapter One is 52372.4 (2375). But the text indicates that the report is from after the end of the Dominion War. The Dominion War did not end until later in 2375 then the stardate given... I guess all you need to do to fix it is make the first 2 to a 3, 53372.4 (2376).

Although, knowing Trekkies/Trekkers, someone has probably already reported this to you. Just thought I'd put it on the BBS.

Can't have altitude without attitude?

In every instance, even fan templates, altitude is replaced with attitude.
    ie Altitude Control

A delibrate ploy to start a war?

------------------
    SIR SIG a Aussie TREK Narrator

no, a ship's attitude is angle at which it is banking, tipping, turning, or tilting. listing, leaning, (shall I go on with this?)

besides, there is no such thing as altitude in space.

R